For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: klonoa dtp no damage clear  (Read 441 times)

Offline BrainΦΠΦTemple

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • "War is the father of all and the king of all."
    • goodreads
klonoa dtp no damage clear
« on: July 16, 2024, 01:47:26 am »

i did a nO damage clear a few years ago if you feel like slammin' your eyeballs at somethin'.
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm: Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: klonoa dtp no damage clear
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 08:32:03 pm »
Finally somebody to do something Door to Phantomile related, and what a surprise to see such specific thing as a no damage run. How long did it take for you to finally nail it? Not exactly, roughly.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 10:28:26 pm »
This is a very good run! Very impressive!
Me likes this!
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline BrainΦΠΦTemple

• Wind
    • goodreads
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2024, 03:35:28 am »
Finally somebody to do something Door to Phantomile related, and what a surprise to see such specific thing as a no damage run. How long did it take for you to finally nail it? Not exactly, roughly.
around a mOnth or so. the relative lack of rng made it pretty ideal for a reasonable nO damage clear compared to some other stuff i've stubbornly put up w/ such as my clears of mega man 3 no damage, touhou 8: imperishable night lunatic/no-miss(no death)/no-bomb/all final spells, dangun feveron on very hard rank, and r-type II no-miss on 2 loops x_x

compared to those, klonoa: dtp was pretty relaxing. :sleeping:

there's also another guy named balneor who has a no damage run, and his strats for dealing w/ bosses like joka make mOre sense b/c i'm ultimately just quickly utilizing pure reaction skillz due to all the arcade stuff + touhou i usually play. ^^;

This is a very good run! Very impressive!
Me likes this!
oH hey, d00d! i remember you from when i pOsted this in the klonoa subreddit! =D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 04:47:01 am by BrainΦΠΦTemple »
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2024, 11:22:11 am »
around a mOnth or so. the relative lack of rng made it pretty ideal for a reasonable nO damage clear compared to some other stuff i've stubbornly put up w/ such as my clears of mega man 3 no damage, touhou 8: imperishable night lunatic/no-miss(no death)/no-bomb/all final spells, dangun feveron on very hard rank, and r-type II no-miss on 2 loops x_x

There is one room in Snakeman's stage where the snakes always get me first, but... That's probably just because that's a stage better left for later, whereas i usually start with Needleman's stage, sooo...
(oh yeah and Mega Man 3 is my favorite one in the NES series)

How much harder do you think would the first Touhou game be? I unironically thought that one was the hardest, the hit box is bigger, can only move sideways, can't just hold fire and wait for things to be gone, and instead, is a tad more strategic. Most stages are easy, but the boss fights are huge difficulty learning curves.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 03:47:30 pm »

Oh wow. So it took a month to do this
I suppose it takes a while to learn the strategies of the boss battles, alongside with the more difficult levels

Yeah! It is a charming game

oH hey, d00d! i remember you from when i pOsted this in the klonoa subreddit! =D

Yooo what's up!  ;)
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline BrainΦΠΦTemple

• Wind
    • goodreads
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2024, 03:12:23 pm »
There is one room in Snakeman's stage where the snakes always get me first, but... That's probably just because that's a stage better left for later, whereas i usually start with Needleman's stage, sooo...
(oh yeah and Mega Man 3 is my favorite one in the NES series)

How much harder do you think would the first Touhou game be? I unironically thought that one was the hardest, the hit box is bigger, can only move sideways, can't just hold fire and wait for things to be gone, and instead, is a tad more strategic. Most stages are easy, but the boss fights are huge difficulty learning curves.

maybe seems a bit counterintuitive, but snakeman is the 1st fukker you go after. if it is the room w/ the 3 snakeheads, then you want to jump immediately. there's a bit of a delay in mega man 3's inputs so you have to be aware of tHat at all times. once you get a feel for it, despite the occasional unfair loss of a run, it gets to be pretty doable until you face doc quick. he's going to kill an insane number of runs, but if you practice him long enough, you can semi-consistently win if you make sure to hit him close range w/ the gemini laser so it doesn't bounce everywhere and extend the fight long enOugh for some rng nonsense.
not sure which mega man game on nes is my favorite. if i were to pick, i'd probably gO w/ 5, but i like 3 a lot. ^^

i've actually only ever played the 8th touhou game in depth. i've checked out some of the other 1s, and i wanna do an LNN clear of legacy of lunatic kingdom for the next touhou game i plan to ***** slap.
but yeah, i learned touhou 8: imperishable night LNN w/o playing any of the other games 1st. i still haven't played the pcb 1s. so, i can't really give an opinion abOut 1st game. ._.
i started off as a touhou n00b 'n then just went frOm ground 0 all the way to an LNN in 15 months.  x_x

Oh wow. So it took a month to do this
I suppose it takes a while to learn the strategies of the boss battles, alongside with the more difficult levels

Yeah! It is a charming game
yeah, took a cOuple of weeks of practice and then a couple of weeks to lAnd the run. the strats for joka were probably the hArdest, especially the heavy reflex way i was goin' abOut it due to all the shmup experience. i spent a lot of time learning hitbox detections on the moos when joka turns into his plesiosaurus fOrm. a lot of the rest is just shmup reflexes and timing. balneor has a way to deal w/ tHat fight tHat makes more sense in his no damage clear. he gets the box behind him after getting the 1 in front, which he then steps on the 1 in front again. makes for a quicker way to deal w/ him. also, since you have only so many hits already tHat you can take, a lot of the game can be played w/ this approach in mind, as unlike mega man 3 or somethin' w/ doc quick, everything is designed w/ the idea of successfully avoiding it.

Yooo what's up!  ;)

sUp sOn not much \m/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 03:21:38 pm by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2024, 10:37:28 pm »
yeah, took a cOuple of weeks of practice and then a couple of weeks to lAnd the run. the strats for joka were probably the hArdest, especially the heavy reflex way i was goin' abOut it due to all the shmup experience. i spent a lot of time learning hitbox detections on the moos when joka turns into his plesiosaurus fOrm. a lot of the rest is just shmup reflexes and timing. balneor has a way to deal w/ tHat fight tHat makes more sense in his no damage clear. he gets the box behind him after getting the 1 in front, which he then steps on the 1 in front again. makes for a quicker way to deal w/ him. also, since you have only so many hits already tHat you can take, a lot of the game can be played w/ this approach in mind, as unlike mega man 3 or somethin' w/ doc quick, everything is designed w/ the idea of successfully avoiding it.

Hmm..
And it seems Balneor also has a compilation video of glitches in Lunatea's Veil which is interesting
This kinda run would probably be very difficult for someone like me
I've never been good at speedrunning
Can't say for Mega Man since I'm not much of a Mega Man person

sUp sOn not much \m/

Ayy, how's life?

Wahoo!