No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The font of the message - please help find  (Read 1955 times)

Offline alex-terek

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • I'm new here!
The font of the message - please help find
« on: March 13, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »
Hi all!
I would like to translate the game into my language (—Āyrillic characters).
Anyone found the font used in the dialogues of the game ?

The text I found in: ISO\us\message\demo_XXX_uk.bin
The only file with a font I found in: ISO\uk(or us)\layout\text.bin.... in the .arc archive is fonttest.brfnt
But it is not like the font of dialogs and system messages. And editing it nothing changes.
Are there any ideas ?

maybe he is main.dol

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 17
  • This is Kel'Thuzad's kitty.
Re: The font of the message - please help find
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »
I don't have a copy, but I know the member who might be able to help: @Vokadae
"Even if you are 100% sure that someone is a worthless, no-good Internet troll, vandal, or worse, conduct yourself as if they are not." - Wikipedia: Please do not bite the newcomers
P.S. I disabled signature displaying A(=w=)Moo You can see mine, I can't see yours.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Pinkish Red
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 68
  • Praise the Klonoa/s
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »
I've not meddled with fonts much but I can look around for which font it is using. Last time I changed Fonts around I got desperate and dumped and edited textures for it since I didn't have much luck from the in game files.
Also I do not know how to edit several kinds of files in the wii make and neither can brawlbox but I'll attempt what I can to get fonts changed from with in the game directory it's self.
The message files look like they could be messed with by a hex editor or something But it is a guess.

I don't know much about how this game uses fonts and such. It's confuseing enough with textures and I jumped into modding this game knowing pretty much nothing.

I'm gonna try what I can to figure this out but I've got some other stuff I need to do so I may be a bit.

EDIT:The only file that actually seems to be needed in the TPL folder is savebanner.tpl  :confused: x_x  for the US folder. I found out it is loading stuff from the UK folder as well for the PAL version x_x eurgher "rant" why does this game never make sense
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:10:26 PM by Vokadae »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Pinkish Red
  • Global Moderator
  • Praise the Klonoa/s
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 06:51:53 PM »
I'm 90% certain your guess of it coming from boot.dol is accurate  :(

When I dump textures these 3 load as soon as the gets to "checking wii save data" it is the same textures I modded on my joka mod as well. meaning the in game text is a generic font thing of some sort.
The Japanese Klonoa DtP for Wii likewise does a similar thing giveing me 2 japanese text .pngs

You can try editing these and loading them as a texture from the emulator but it would probably get really confuseing to do unless you have a lot of free time. I don't know how to make a Cyrillic alphabet x_x
I'm sorry  I could not help much here.
R96PAF Font Texture.rar 16 KB
https://mega.co.nz/#!69ACELoT!anUbks-qeNGYKti5NaN8k4gW-IQ05xJRSIW4gaMm2V8

Offline alex-terek

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • I'm new here!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 05:14:38 AM »
You seem to find this font! Very similar to the one in the game...
I'm sure he will draw the Cyrillic alphabet.
Tell me how you got this image.png ? From main.dol?
I don't know how to extract the main.dol. Can teach ?

or later, when I'll draw the letters will give you image.png. And you'll pay me back main.dol
Thank you!...

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Pinkish Red
  • Global Moderator
  • Praise the Klonoa/s
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
I didn't get it from the boot.dol I don't have any tools that can get it from that. :(

What I did was dump the game textures with the emulator while it loaded up the text in game.

You can load the font textures from Dolphin/Load/Textures/R96PAF Or if you are booting an extracted iso then place them in Dolphin/Load/Textures/00000000   Make sure that the file names stay the same.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:42:38 AM by Vokadae »