There is a new Klonoa Fan Magazine out. Come see here. https://forums.untamedheart.us/?page=zine

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Petition for a Klonoa Anime!  (Read 18906 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: Petition for a Klonoa Anime!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 08:31:27 pm »
That's me signed it, but I can't help but notice the petition has (including my own) only got 4 signings (and only 13 supporters in the message/email), which, as said by a comment on the petition itself, is hardly going to show Namco/Bandai that there's much, if any demand for anything with Klonoa in it, and I have to agree with them.

I would say you should do more to advertise this and get the word out, but then again, aside from spamming forums whose members won't give a toss about Klonoa, I don't know what you could do.  :(
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:15:46 pm by Cobra! »

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 07:27:17 am »
Want a lawyer in court...

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 02:28:33 pm »
I'm not really one to rain on anyone's parade, but I really don't see this petittion going anywhere gang.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 02:51:59 pm »
I'm not really one to rain on anyone's parade, but I really don't see this petittion going anywhere gang.

You can say that again. I feel like it should've been on Change.org instead of iPetitions.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 04:42:39 pm »
To be honest, I don't think it would've made a massive difference. I've just about given up on Namco doing anything for the Klonoa series. The sales of every Klonoa game have been abysmal, and even the comics never really took off, I think in Namco's eyes, Klonoa is a lost cause. To be honest, I don't think a petition signed by a handful of people would convince them otherwise.

Petitions are fine, but I think we should try and make a few fan-made content, such as a fan series (maybe even a cartoon?) or a really good fan game, and try and get them taking off. Maybe then, Namco may notice this, and eventually do something with the Klonoa series.

That's just my opinion, though.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:46:44 pm by Cobra! »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2015, 04:59:28 pm »
I agree with this. It's apparent that Namco doesn't care about Klonoa. I think that we, as proper fans of Klonoa, should take it into our hands to make our own show. Should it be 2D or 3D? Use Flash or Blender? It doesn't matter. What matters is that we can make a difference rather than yell at Namco to do something, which hasn't been going our way.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2015, 05:24:21 pm »
The problem is, not a lot of people here have experience with animating. I have a feeling that if I TRY to animate something, I'm gonna mess it up big time due to me having zero experience with it (which is exactly why Klonoa:Corruption is slide show series instead of animation). When it comes to fan projects, we have to do something we can actually do.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:26:25 pm by Windbullet »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2015, 05:34:13 pm »
Maybe so, but the thing is we all got to start somewhere. Even people who animated didn't know how to at first.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2015, 07:43:42 pm »
I have 3D modelling and animating experience, and programming experience with Unity and a little with Godot, if that means anything.

I'm actually thinking of making a Klonoa fan game, but only after I finish my current projects. If I decide to go ahead with the projects, I'll probably make a topic about it or something.

Perhaps that can be used for making a cartoon/anime of our own, just get a template model, pose it, and then trace off of it to make a character do that pose? Though that would no doubt take a long time and might not be worth it...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:50:15 pm by Cobra! »