Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Five Nights at Freddy's  (Read 61395 times)

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2015, 02:10:02 pm »
So apparently not a single person has figured out FN4F's story correctly yet. The box at the end supposedly explains it, but Cawthon's threatening to keep it closed if people don't find all the clues and hints in the game first. I think he's just trying to motivate people to look harder, though.

http://kotaku.com/five-nights-at-freddys-creator-says-not-a-single-person-1726365438

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2015, 02:33:07 pm »
Here's someone trying to figure it out. http://freddy-fazbears-pizza.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:1496961
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »
So apparently not a single person has figured out FN4F's story correctly yet. The box at the end supposedly explains it, but Cawthon's threatening to keep it closed if people don't find all the clues and hints in the game first. I think he's just trying to motivate people to look harder, though.

http://kotaku.com/five-nights-at-freddys-creator-says-not-a-single-person-1726365438

I don't think so. The way he worded it, it made it seem like there were NO clues or hints spread out (hence him saying he didn't fill the game with random easter eggs this time), and that the box is pretty much the only thing in the game to have all the little hints this time around, and seeing what's inside will pretty much answer any questions about it. BUT, he's ALSO saying that he feels people NOT figuring out the story this time around is something of a special conclusion to the franchise, so he's decided not to open it, ever. At least, that's his explanation, and he seems to be sticking to it.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/125327007944045364

Naturally, this has caused the collective fanbase to flip their ****.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:36:47 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2015, 04:52:52 pm »
I don't think so. The way he worded it, it made it seem like there were NO clues or hints spread out (hence him saying he didn't fill the game with random easter eggs this time), and that the box is pretty much the only thing in the game to have all the little hints this time around, and seeing what's inside will pretty much answer any questions about it. BUT, he's ALSO saying that he feels people NOT figuring out the story this time around is something of a special conclusion to the franchise, so he's decided not to open it, ever. At least, that's his explanation, and he seems to be sticking to it.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/125327007944045364

Naturally, this has caused the collective fanbase to flip their ****.
Um? Did we read the same article? >__>
"I released part 4, and somehow.... no one, not a single person, found the pieces. The story remains completely hidden. I guess most people assumed that I filled the game with random easter eggs this time. I didn’t. What’s in the box? It’s the pieces put together."

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2015, 05:09:21 pm »
Um? Did we read the same article? >__>
"I released part 4, and somehow.... no one, not a single person, found the pieces. The story remains completely hidden. I guess most people assumed that I filled the game with random easter eggs this time. I didn’t. What’s in the box? It’s the pieces put together."

Okay, I don't feel like having this delve into a random argument about FnaF (trust me, that's the last thing I'd want today to delve into), but I should probably try picking at that statement you quoted by saying nobody has found the pieces to the puzzle because they're all in the box, which can't be opened. Thus, Scott is concerned about all the important story details just being spoon-fed through the box being opened, and he seems worried if that would be the correct way to reveal the story. Does that mean he'll show small hints through the challenge mode and cheat menus instead? Possibly, but it's never gonna be revealed through the box, if that's something people expected.

Also, you called my bluff, I didn't really read the Kotaku article until just now, so I didn't know they linked his statement in there. My bad. In any case, it's not a threat, and he doesn't sound displeased with his fanbase over not figuring it out. He isn't going to open it if someone DOES figure it out. Or maybe he would, I dunno, but I really just comes across more as something he's simply not gonna do.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2015, 05:26:20 pm »
Okay, I don't feel like having this delve into a random argument about FnaF (trust me, that's the last thing I'd want today to delve into), but I should probably try picking at that statement you quoted by saying nobody has found the pieces to the puzzle because they're all in the box, which can't be opened. Thus, Scott is concerned about all the important story details just being spoon-fed through the box being opened, and he seems worried if that would be the correct way to reveal the story. Does that mean he'll show small hints through the challenge mode and cheat menus instead? Possibly, but it's never gonna be revealed through the box, if that's something people expected.
Dude...he's saying the pieces are together in the box. As in, presented coherently. They're still present in the game outside of the box, and no one has found them to try and put them together on their own. What we have access to is the pieces of the puzzle, what's in the box is the completed puzzle.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2015, 11:27:02 pm »

Also, you called my bluff, I didn't really read the Kotaku article until just now, so I didn't know they linked his statement in there. My bad. In any case, it's not a threat, and he doesn't sound displeased with his fanbase over not figuring it out. He isn't going to open it if someone DOES figure it out. Or maybe he would, I dunno, but I really just comes across more as something he's simply not gonna do.

Sable...

Also I don't understand the fanbase (lol like that's nothing new) as everyone thought that easter eggs != hints. They're not. But I love me a good puzzle, so I think I might try to figure this out.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2015, 12:13:36 pm »
So, Scott announced an RPG spin-off called Five Night's at Freddy's world. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/16/next-five-nights-at-freddys-will-be-an-rpg
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2015, 04:40:00 pm »
A rpg?  Color me interested ~

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2015, 09:42:29 pm »
So, Scott announced an RPG spin-off called Five Night's at Freddy's world. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/16/next-five-nights-at-freddys-will-be-an-rpg

:|  I used to joke with my friends that the next fnaf game was gonna be rpg........

I'd never thought it was actually gonna be a thing.