Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: an introduction of my history with the klonoa series  (Read 259 times)

Offline baliebox4916

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
an introduction of my history with the klonoa series
« on: October 06, 2024, 08:50:40 am »
Let Me Introduce Myself

I Got into Klonoa Back When i First Was Allowed to Get in the Furry Fandom once i was 14 or So (This Series is What Got Me Through the Stress of Being Forced into Special Ed after the Somewhat Corrupt Canadian Healthcare and School System Failed an Autistic Like Me)

Before Then i Saw Klonoa on the Wii and Was Like I Didn't Know Namco Made a Sonic Spinoff
Then a Seen Connor Olivers Youtube Channel and Saw a Moo and Thought it Looked Like a Cool Character (Dont Look Up His Channel Today Though as He Got Hacked and Has Been inactive Since 2017)

What Made Me Bite the Bullet with Klonoa Was When i Saw the Wii Game at the Last Day of Zellers and was like I Gotta Look this Game Up, I Looked it Up and Fell in Love, Then I Saw Gaming in the Clinton Years Old Video from the 90s on it and Got Hooked

This was also the same time the school announced that i would be removed from mainstream classes due to the misunderstanding of people thinking im a baby trapped in a teens body at the time and my moms (how can i put this without getting in trouble) medicine shop keepers grandson and granddaughter began fighting with me over me having autism even saying that i have half a brain (im not gonna reveal their names though as they eventually became public enemy no 1 back in 2017 and got arrested by a swat team)

fast forward a couple years and my main fursona (the cute dorky/moe/aggie fox girl you see in my profile pic) was created as a hybrid between klonoa and krystal from dinosaur planet/star fox (the klonoa part actually being her pigtails)

then during my 16th birthday in 2013 i had both a klonoa cake and some early furry merch my sister got off the internet

i lost interest in klonoa however in 2015 after the rise of homestuck kinda soured my opinion on klonoa (i was more into animation memes around that time anyways)

then covid and both the Russia Ukraine and Israel Palestine wars happened and with sly cooper not hitting the same anymore and shows like aggretsuko and games like sonic mania being replaced by 2000s level trash like helluva boss and sonic frontiers it made me want something a bit more pre 9/11

and luckly this was around the time i started reading Geronimo and part 2 of blue skies in Camelot and in those timelines klonoa is more popular then the failure that it was IOTL

thats what ultimately got me back into this series (especially with whats happening right now with the election and my moms copd from all the substance abuse)

sometimes i like to imagine a feral klonoa in my dreams climbing on my lap and licking me during one of my in dream meltdowns

i also like to imagine klonoa hanging with the souls of mine and many furry characters fur, buck teeth, antlers etc

(as floof and teeth aren't really alive and dont even have eyes or a brain and are sleeping (kinda like a tree or a flower) and klonoa protects the resting souls of floof from getting shaved, being taken over by a symbiote, skinned etc, buck teeth/antlers from getting braces, getting chopped off by poachers or getting curb stomped and even the trees, flowers and fruits/vegitables from having their bright appearance molding)  :sleeping: :big_smile:

what you are seeing right now is my 16th birthday cake from 2013 (my sister who now lives in Vancouver got this cake made by a local caterer originally the Gameboy was originally meant to be a classic mac as that was originally my favorite computer due to the combination of a black and white crt and compact form factor of the time, but it was changed last minute to Gameboy to fit with the 90s gaming theme of klonoa)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2024, 03:36:27 pm by baliebox4916 »
Furry Since 2012 (Furry Fan Since 2010)

Klonoa Fan Since 2011

Waking Resident of Iwanas Geronimo and President Lincolns Blue Skies in Camelot

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: an introduction of my history with the klonoa series
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2024, 10:26:11 am »
Ooh i was starting to miss this kind of "my history with klonoa" posts. Welcome in, are you 27 - 26 now? (oh wait i just realized, yes 27)

Was not expecting this much backstory  :embarassed:

Oh come on why do so many people still compare Klonoa with Sonic!  :tired: they are not at all like each other! If anything it resembles Kirby and NiGHTS more.

Though... Klonoa Wii respecting does get some brownie points from me.

I too have autism but i have no idea why so many stay a Sonic fan forever, i meaaaan i like Sonic but i always wondered about that. :unsure: Well, glad there is a new member that does post.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2024, 10:46:29 am by rapappa the pepper »
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, i'm i guess a general artist, 3D modeller, 2D traditional illustrator, and some times make music. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

If you want me to work on a project of yours, please contact me!

Offline Caos

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2024, 03:17:34 pm »
Welcome to the forums! :D Good thing you gave the series a chance and saw it was not a "Sonic clone". Also that birthday cake looks really awesome.

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2024, 03:46:26 pm »
Ooh i was starting to miss this kind of "my history with klonoa" posts. Welcome in, are you 27 - 26 now? (oh wait i just realized, yes 27)

Was not expecting this much backstory  :embarassed:

Oh come on why do so many people still compare Klonoa with Sonic!  :tired: they are not at all like each other! If anything it resembles Kirby and NiGHTS more.

Though... Klonoa Wii respecting does get some brownie points from me.

I too have autism but i have no idea why so many stay a Sonic fan forever, i meaaaan i like Sonic but i always wondered about that. :unsure: Well, glad there is a new member that does post.

I think people compare them simply because of superficial similarities and not anything related to the actual substance of the games. As for Sonic attracting autists, I think it's just because he's so cool and outgoing, maybe it's like a fantasy idk.

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Odd guy
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2024, 10:56:35 am »

sometimes i like to imagine a feral klonoa in my dreams climbing on my lap and licking me during one of my in dream meltdowns

Those are some very weird thoughts...  :|

Offline baliebox4916

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2024, 12:50:01 am »
Also another Fun Fact About How i Got Into Klonoa

I Remember Watching a Video of One of the Childhood Arcades i Used to Go to as a Kid, That Being the Skylon Tower Arcade in Niagara Falls (Canadian Side of Course)

Back Then My Dad and i Used to Play Daytona There
and One of the Games i Saw on Thunderstorm Pros Video from 2013 was World Kicks

Years Later i Looked Up World Kicks and Like Most Y2K Era Namco Games Klonoa Was in It!

I Swear with Klonoa Being Voiced By Shippos Japanese Actor (also with Inuyasha being Big in Canada in the Pre Naruto Era), Klonoa Being Associated with the Pre 9/11 World (With His Appearances in Many 90s Namco Games and Also Getting an Anime in Geronimo and New Games in Both Ohga Shrugs and Player Two Start) and The World Kicks Game at Niagara Falls (Probably the Most American City in Canada That Isn't Toronto)

Its Like Klonoa is Something That The Public is Not Supposed to Play (Like Some Top Secret Game from an Alternate Universe that Would Cause a Massive Butterfly Effect in the Space Time Continuum if Played Ala Polybius or SBurb from Homestuck)

Yet at the Same Time The Internet Loves Him
Furry Since 2012 (Furry Fan Since 2010)

Klonoa Fan Since 2011

Waking Resident of Iwanas Geronimo and President Lincolns Blue Skies in Camelot

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2024, 01:00:14 pm »
Klonoa is meant to be played, but i think it's is not meant to be replayed (at least games like DtP and L'sV have certain "memory" themes and remembering) really and is also meant to be more personal, not one to be spoiled or really have that much word of mouth, i think the Klonoa games is about just stumbling upon it.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, i'm i guess a general artist, 3D modeller, 2D traditional illustrator, and some times make music. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

If you want me to work on a project of yours, please contact me!