It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa 2 Decompilation Project  (Read 141 times)

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
Klonoa 2 Decompilation Project
« on: September 07, 2024, 11:13:52 am »
I just found out that someone is attempting to decompile the PS2 version of Klonoa 2, though it's in very early stages apparently.

There seem to be other tools about extracting models and other data for the game, and a PS2 port of Ghidra, which is the NSA-made program for decompilation.

I'm really excited to seeing where this takes us. Decompilations of Mario 64 and Perfect Dark led to native PC and Linux ports of those games, so hopefully we'll be seeing the same with this! :D

I suppose this would also satisfy those who hate the Phantasy Reverie Series and it's various hiccups.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Klonoa 2 Decompilation Project
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2024, 11:19:45 am »
OOooooohhhhhh yeaaaaaahhhhhhh (in a black dude's accent) I have a PS2 already though to play the game, but no matter, for those who do not have, this would be perfect (i hope so) for some one to port for things like Windows.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Glazier

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024, 11:17:36 am »
Tbh, 33% is already a milestone for a game like Klonoa 2, most PS2 game decomps don't get that far

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2024, 11:15:31 am »
Woah, who knew the NSA of all entities could indirectly help us get to a port-able Klonoa game!

Being about 33% complete is quite a feat already. I wish I was coding saavy enough to help move it along, though at least I'll give this repo a look and keep my eyes on it  ;)
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho