There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Time to become a full site  (Read 6320 times)

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
Time to become a full site
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:55:30 am »
I was wondering if klonoa forums could become a full site? I think we have enough of a fanbase to do so Though I think we should do a kickstarter for a non-commercial project for this idea perhaps using the blender cloud

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:11:44 am »
What if we ask Namco to make this site official? That way they would acknowledge the community exists.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 11:23:42 am »
Excuse me, may I ask what does "becoming a full site" mean?
And what would that non-commercial project be?
Quote from: "Vincentmrl"
What if we ask Namco to make this site official? That way they would acknowledge the community exists.
I agree with asking Namco. Maybe we can let the ex-members of Klonoa Works hear our voices.
But to make the fan forum official sounds kinda impractical.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:25:45 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:10:53 pm »
If we ask them, we should say we can host the sites ourselves and pay the host ourselves so that they are probably gonna agree even more because they gain more fans for free and there could be possibilities of a sequel.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 01:11:07 pm »
If we ask them, we should say we can host the sites ourselves and pay the host ourselves so that they are probably gonna agree even more because they gain more fans for free and there could be possibilities of a sequel.
Although I would like to see their response to making these forums official, I don't think that it would directly lead to a new sequel.

I kind of like the site as is (just my opinion).

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 02:26:38 pm »
Quote from: "John Smith"
I was wondering if klonoa forums could become a full site? I think we have enough of a fanbase to do so Though I think we should do a kickstarter for a non-commercial project for this idea perhaps using the blender cloud

What does 'full site' even mean? I thought Aura answered that already. We already discussed possibly hosting the site on my server one day, but not now.

This doesn't sound doable. I don't see the point in it if it's official. There'd be a set of standards we would have to follow from Namco, usually Namco actually controlling the forums. I don't see that boding well.

But we already do that now. We pay for premium as it is. I don't see Namco doing their part to advertise this forum.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:58 pm »
Right now this site is only a forum how about a site that has a blog and a place to host Klonoa fanworks I like this site design http://sunrider-vn.com/ As for a non-commercial project something with collab of all the forum members like the gooseberry film project http://gooseberry.blender.org/ Maybe we could ask Namco to release the Klonoa wonderswan source code under an open source license with assets under creative commons non-commercial share-alike license that way we could port it to pc,mac and linux.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 04:59:47 pm »
I'd be happy if we could just convince some of the development team or a part of Namco or even a representative for Namco & the Klonoa series to join here.

There is much I'd love to tell them.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »
I think all you need is putting a slideshow for posted fanarts on the top(or at the bottom) of every page.
To release the source code of Moonlight Museum - Well, I guess we can try. But I doubt they even know what open source and CC are. (I don't really understand, either.)

As for the project, why don't you just start another thread and ask everybody?
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »
Quote from: "John Smith"
Right now this site is only a forum how about a site that has a blog and a place to host Klonoa fanworks I like this site design http://sunrider-vn.com/ As for a non-commercial project something with collab of all the forum members like the gooseberry film project http://gooseberry.blender.org/ Maybe we could ask Namco to release the Klonoa wonderswan source code under an open source license with assets under creative commons non-commercial share-alike license that way we could port it to pc,mac and linux.

If you want to add a Klonoa blog afffliate, then sure. Give us a link we'll review it.

Quote from: "Daemyn"
I'd be happy if we could just convince some of the development team or a part of Namco or even a representative for Namco & the Klonoa series to join here.

There is much I'd love to tell them.

If you can convince them to join us, then hey, more power to you.

Quote from: "RollingMeowcat"
I think all you need is putting a slideshow for posted fanarts on the top(or at the bottom) of every page.
To release the source code of Moonlight Museum - Well, I guess we can try. But I doubt they even know what open source and CC are. (I don't really understand, either.)

As for the project, why don't you just start another thread and ask everybody?

A slideshow on the top of the forums is a pretty good idea. We'll have to discuss it more. We'd have to find a place to host all submitted images though.

Also, I'm quite aware what open source software is. I use it daily (Firefox, Krita, VLC, Art of Illusion, Kdenlive, and Gyazo) and I use Linux frequently too (Usually Linux Mint or Sabayon and I prefer KDE and Qt).  However, I don't believe open source is necessarily better either, and I don't have the know-how to try to fix things on my own. I'll use whatever I see works for me.