The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What should I do with Klonoa now?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline ILoveKlonoa

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
What should I do with Klonoa now?
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:40:51 pm »
Yes, you read the title right. Klonoa's sitting next to me and I plan to do innocent things with him!  :bad_straight_face:

Haha, not really.

I just meant that I'm really getting into Klonoa as a series and kinda feel lost on what I should do within the Klonoa franchise. I bought Klonoa 2 in good condition, despite the fact I don't have a PS2.
I mean I do crush on Klonoa I guess? So should I write fanfics of him or something? I don't know.
I'm just lost. I love the series and I love Klonoa, but I don't know what I should do with my love for Klonoa.
I'm thinking of becoming a collector of everything Klonoa maybe by selling a lot of stuff?
Should I draw more Klonoa? Should I commission a giant Klonoa plush? Should I cosplay as Klonoa?

Ye sorry if I creeped anybody out, I just really love Klonoa haha. As if my name wasn't a reminder enough.
GO CHECK OUT thestadtpark of deviantart NOW, HE DREW THIS BEAUTIFUL ICON

TELL ME ABOUT ALL OF THE KLONOA COLLECTIBLES PLEASE
I WANNA BECOME A KLONOA COLLECTOR

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: What should I do with Klonoa now?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:46:20 pm »
If really desperate you could try to emulate Klonoa 2 on pcsx2 though that can become a headache :x Klonoa 2 has some specific issues on that emulator.

Hmm it's probably best to decide on your own what to do with the Klonoa series and game. I would defintely recommend getting a ps2 to play Klonoa 2 on over emulator atm.

Hmm could try to make videos. Could try to make mods but all of that requires emulators too :s so maybe art ?

Eh could make stories or do rp but eh. do what feels best there are probably things neither of us has though of that can be done.

Offline ILoveKlonoa

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 08:49:47 pm »
Thanks for the advice, but I still don't really know where to start. I might get a PS2 to play Klonoa 2, but I kinda wanna just hug Klonoa more? Idk.
GO CHECK OUT thestadtpark of deviantart NOW, HE DREW THIS BEAUTIFUL ICON

TELL ME ABOUT ALL OF THE KLONOA COLLECTIBLES PLEASE
I WANNA BECOME A KLONOA COLLECTOR

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 09:06:48 pm »
Hmm have you tried PS1 Klonoa Door to Phantomile ? That one should be a lot easier to emulate. buying will be hard unless you want to get the japanese version and a jp ps2  x_x.

Klonoa 2 is good I think you will enjoy the game  :)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 05:55:10 am »
Well the first thing IMO would be to play "the game that started it all" on a emulator, just as I did first.
I'ts the starting point of the entire serie, you learn the main basics, characteristics of it all.

If you're finished with that, I recommend doing the same with the GBA games Empire of Dreams, and Dream Champ Tournament. They're nice little games that are more puzzle-oriented, whereas of Door to Phantomile and Lunatea's Veil which are more platform-oriented.

Speaking of the latter, this one is a bit of a luxury choice. Emulating it was known to be crazy difficult, and the only other way to play it, is having both the physical disc and PS2. For me I had that amazing chance. Obviously don't play this one first (Unless you absolutely don't have any other choices), i'ts somewhat of a follow to DtP.
After that you're pretty much free to follow your choices.

To help bring Klonoa justice there is a lot you can do. Here's some of them : modding/speedrunning/drawing/music/traducing Japanese/finding information/reverse-engineering (And a lot more),
but the most obvious of it all : Be one part of Klonoa's community. This will always be more than enough :D

Also, I would be interested if you wrote your own presentation in the "Welcome" section of the forum.
It would be interesting to hear how/when you discovered the franchise, and all of a sudden decided to be a part of it.

To me this serie made me learn how to record things, upload videos, use emulators, use Discord (There's a Klonoa Discord if you're unaware). It also made me learn about quite a bunch of unrecognised games (Ristar, Tombi/a/u/o, Pandemonium and a bunch more !)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:04:54 am by Balneor »

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 10:15:01 am »
Hey, who said you couldn't do all of that? ;)
Personally, I think you should play the original on an emulator, its remake on not emulator, or the Klonoa 2 you already have (not like Klonoa's got any continuity anyway :bad_straight_face:) first to familiarize yourself with the world. Then, just do what you love most from there!
If you have the time, patience and money, collecting can definitely be fun. Or, when you do play the games, I think it'd also be nice to write some fiction and come up with your own little stories for him. Of course, being an active community member is also good. :embarassed:
Those are just my little recommendations. :)