No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Operation: Pinkeye (Rareware inspired game)  (Read 5049 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Operation: Pinkeye (Rareware inspired game)
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 10:31:50 pm »
Oh yeah, and i'm definely a fan of Virtua Cop, it'd be nice to get Virtua Cop attention, which doesn't seem to get that much these days.  ;)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2024, 05:58:51 pm »

It got released! On the 2nd November 2022! :D

The game is available on Steam, Zoom Platform, Itch.io and GameJolt.

Either way, I hope you guys enjoy Operation: Pinkeye!

Proud to announce that I have officially bought this game on Steam!  :big_smile:

It's on sale rn which allowed me to get this game and a old Sam and Max game for $7.08

I don't have an actual keyboard at the moment, since I've been using a Ps4 controller to type since I believe May

You can probably imagine what it's like typing with it on PC

So, as soon as I get an actual keyboard, I'll be sure to check this game out

It looks like a pretty fun game!
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2024, 08:51:55 pm »

Proud to announce that I have officially bought this game on Steam!  :big_smile:

It's on sale rn which allowed me to get this game and a old Sam and Max game for $7.08

I don't have an actual keyboard at the moment, since I've been using a Ps4 controller to type since I believe May

You can probably imagine what it's like typing with it on PC

So, as soon as I get an actual keyboard, I'll be sure to check this game out

It looks like a pretty fun game!

I appreciate it! :big_smile:

I’m very close to getting a PC CD run made for the game, and I’m also working on a spin-off called Operation: Followthrough, and it will lean more into the Virtua Cop inspiration, being a rail shooter.

To help keep me motivated, and to make it authentically retro looking, I’m developing it first for the Atari Jaguar, as there is a game jam happening with that right now. Progress has been really good lately. I’ll show some footage when I get back to my PC.

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2024, 04:09:38 pm »
I appreciate it! :big_smile:

I’m very close to getting a PC CD run made for the game, and I’m also working on a spin-off called Operation: Followthrough, and it will lean more into the Virtua Cop inspiration, being a rail shooter.

To help keep me motivated, and to make it authentically retro looking, I’m developing it first for the Atari Jaguar, as there is a game jam happening with that right now. Progress has been really good lately. I’ll show some footage when I get back to my PC.

Ahh, so there'll be a physical copy off it one day

Oh yay, a planned sequel!  :big_smile:

I would love to see footage of it!

And how are you gonna release a game for a console that's been discontinued for years? Curious to know  :unsure:

(then again some russian person made bootlegs for the sega genesis in the 2010's era so)

I'm assuming these games are inspired by Goldeneye?

I've never played a single Goldeneye game before so no clue what Goldeneye is about
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2024, 03:16:08 pm »
Alright, so today I played through some of it
and wrote a review on Steam.

It's not bad at all! This game is pretty fun!

It does seem like a game I would enjoy playing on the N64 or Ps1

I also had it in Scots cause why not, and despite English being my native and only language I can fully speak, It was actually somewhat readable. I could honestly tell what it was saying and what It was wanting me to do

Some words I was a lil confused on what they were supposed to be like "ramshacklt"

Overall though, not a bad game, I would like to see more of this!  :big_smile:

Wahoo!

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2024, 05:01:36 pm »
Alright, so today I played through some of it
and wrote a review on Steam.

It's not bad at all! This game is pretty fun!

It does seem like a game I would enjoy playing on the N64 or Ps1

I also had it in Scots cause why not, and despite English being my native and only language I can fully speak, It was actually somewhat readable. I could honestly tell what it was saying and what It was wanting me to do

Some words I was a lil confused on what they were supposed to be like "ramshacklt"

Overall though, not a bad game, I would like to see more of this!  :big_smile:

I really appreciate it! :big_smile:

Should I make another thread for Operation: Followthrough or just rename this one?

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2024, 05:28:21 pm »
I really appreciate it! :big_smile:

Should I make another thread for Operation: Followthrough or just rename this one?

I think a Walkthrough would be helpful, since gameplay footages are the only walkthroughs for it

Wahoo!

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2024, 06:16:40 pm »

I think a Walkthrough would be helpful, since gameplay footages are the only walkthroughs for it
Oh no no, you don't get me. Operation: Followthrough is a spin-off game to the series.

I'm making it for the Atari Jaguar first due to a game jam that is happening, and then I will port it to PC using the Godot Engine.

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2024, 08:48:05 pm »
Oh no no, you don't get me. Operation: Followthrough is a spin-off game to the series.

I'm making it for the Atari Jaguar first due to a game jam that is happening, and then I will port it to PC using the Godot Engine.

...Oh.
Yeah, I'd say to go ahead and make that a separate topic then

Wahoo!

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2024, 07:48:02 pm »
I think I’m going to leave it for now. For reasons that I won’t get into here, I’m keeping development of the game under wraps for the time being, sharing only to friends & family, and whoever shares the homebrew Discord servers I’m in.

The reception has been overwhelmingly positive, though!