For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

Do you want the shoutbox back full time?

Yes!
11 (84.6%)
No.
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: I want shoutbox back full time.  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
I want shoutbox back full time.
« on: January 16, 2015, 05:52:24 am »
This is somewhat just a personal view of mine but...

I miss being able to talk to people at the odd hours I am up. It is really quiet now or at least to me it is.
I think the shoutbox kept people around and opened a few new ways for fans to communicate without having to make a million different posts. It defintely kept me logged in more often just to talk to some of the people who wouldn't be able to use skype or not want to use skype. I also got to meet people from very different parts of the world due to interesting time zones and I greatly value things like that because I can't travel very much.

I Miss some of the late night & early morning conversations here. It if flew into spam I'd just mute it out for a bit until things got interesting again. I may not miss all of the conversations but it's better than it feeling sort of empty like it does now to me.

Maybe I am feeling a bit depressed :/ .  But that is how I feel as far as shoutbox.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: I want shoutbox back full time.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 06:09:29 am »
As someone who's also up at rather late hours, I'm also in agreement. But ya gotta understand, the Admins have to sift through all those messages, even the pointless spam. I'm sure you've seen how wild conversations could get on here in the past- it's emotionally and physically draining to sift through all that. Though, I won't debate that spam is at a bit of a low...mostly because a few members responsible for it (Myself included), have either taken it more seriously, or have just left (in you-know-who's case). I'm not saying the shoutbox being on 24/7 is something we absolutely have to do, but having it on for a day or two longer per week could be reasonable. Like, maybe have it on Tuesday and Thrursday, to balance it out a little?...nah, that might be a bit too much frequent enabling/disabling. I think Fri-Sun is a bit more reasonable, with extended periods during holidays, like what we had during Winter break.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:58:40 pm »
To be honest I would like Shoutbox back full time. But alas that's something that's in Aura's hands though. Perhaps if you push hard enough with the poll, you can get others to ask Aura for it to come back full time?

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 06:13:15 pm »
Count me in! I also want the shoutbox back.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »
Answers, Shoutbox disappointed pointing attention forget waiting.  :(

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 06:47:33 pm »
You guys realize that the full-time shoutbox was removed in the first place because of all the spam right?
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »
This is 100% true. but things have changed a little since then...key words "a little". Di Gi left, and...well, I'm 90% certain she was responsible for a large portion of spam...and me going along with said spam was just as large portion of spam. And there's also stuff like Shoutbox RP, which...is generally looked down upon, and is also spam. BUT, it could always just be kept between two members using the Shoutbox Pro's PM feature. Not sure how much that's supposed to help, but...yeah.

Just putting in my two cents.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 02:18:14 pm »
I'd like to see the shoutbox back full time, too.
Too much spam? Here are my humble opinions:
  • No role playing in public. (How do we define role playing?)
  • Everyone has limited messages every weekday.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline DreamyCheese

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • I'm new here!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 02:28:29 pm »
Did I kill the shoutbox from saying how everybody on this forum has been so kind to me and thanking them?

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:01 pm »
Did I kill the shoutbox from saying how everybody on this forum has been so kind to me and thanking them?
Do you really think so? Think again. :P
My favorite animes:

More to come