Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Okami thread  (Read 9856 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Okami thread
« on: December 06, 2014, 03:06:17 am »
Okami is simply my all time favorite game. I figured I'd start a topic to discus anything from the game. Favorite music, hardest boss, saddest moment, anything. So I guess I'll start?

My favorite music is has got to be Ryoshima Coast. I don't know, something about just sticks to me  :unsure:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Okami thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:10:37 am »
Yami's theme is absolutely mandatory from someone like me xD. You now should know I really like darkness.
I once played this game on emulator. And I enjoyed it.
But I am here for Klonoa games those are my favorite still.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:14:52 am »
Yami's theme is absolutely mandatory from someone like me xD. You now should know I really like darkness.
I once played this game on emulator. And I enjoyed it.
But I am here for Klonoa games those are my favorite still.

I love Yami's theme. Though I'm more of an upbeat person, so things like Ryoshima Coast, Rissing Sun, Giving Kushi a Ride, and stuff like that seem to be what I'm more drawn to  :unsure:

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 03:23:14 am »
I have Okamiden, I'm surprised they didn't make a sequel.
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:27:25 am »
Actually I'm surprised to realize I haven't beaten Okamiden yet. I think I'm at Sei-an City?  :confused: Yeah, something around there. Though if I had to pick my fave music from Okamiden, it would be a tough choice between Yakushi Village and Ryoshima Coast. Mind ya I haven't heard all the soundtracks yet, so I guess I'll have to wait to decide.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 03:29:26 am »
Ahhh Okami was such a great game. I haven't played it in several years, though, so my memory is fuzzy. I do remember the sequence during the final battle made me tear up a little, haha.

Okamiden was great too, it really lived up to the original (though in a much different way) in my opinion. It didn't have the same sort of grandness, but it did a great job at making you feel attached to the characters.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 03:40:54 am »
Count me on the Okami boat. I loved that game the moment I first tried it, and I've loved it since.

I'd say Capcom didn't do too bad with Okamiden, given they didn't have Clover Studios to work on it...though the fact they even made a sequel to that should be considered a pleasant enough surprise. The odds of a thord Okami game are, perhaps, just as likely as Viewtiful Joe 3...

...that being said, this game would be perfect with the WiiU's touchscreen. It'd combine the ease of access Okamiden had, with the stunning visuals of Okami...oh, if only...

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 03:45:27 am »
I agree, Okami is simply a beautiful work of art (no pun intended) Ever since I first played it 8 years ago, I've made a pact that no matter what, Okami would always be my fave game. And I've never broken that pact since. Now if I had to estimate, I'd say I've beaten Okami about... hm.... 70 some times? I don't know, maybe more. I know it's hard to believe, but I would beat it like, twice a week for months on end. Though it took me until last year to finally find all the stray beads. I feel ashamed for that T^T

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 02:35:44 pm »
I drew this picture a few months ago. Sorry, I suck at drawing animals  :embarassed:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/241/3/1/okami_ammy_drawing_by_novashenron-d7x3jbj.png

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 03:06:01 pm »
Thanks to this thread, I'm back to listening to tracks from Okami again, ahaha. Honestly, there's so many good tracks in the game that I can't even choose a favorite :embarassed:

It was a fun game. Shame that I haven't got the time to play it again :sad face:

One thing that I won't forget about it was the one fight alongside Shiranui. I've never had a game with an AI-controlled ally that actually made me feel weak ahaha. I was also slightly disappointed by the final boss fight because I wanted to try out the brush techniques that Shiranui could pull off, but it's a small thing compared to the overall game ;)

I drew this picture a few months ago. Sorry, I suck at drawing animals  :embarassed:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/241/3/1/okami_ammy_drawing_by_novashenron-d7x3jbj.png

Also, really nice drawing, BinaryPulsar! :O