Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Anything and everything Astronomy  (Read 10356 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Anything and everything Astronomy
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:53 am »
Honestly I did ask for her thoughts and opinions about it. I didn't think in one shape or form that what Pulsar said was fact.

Just to let you know, that I only say what I learned from interviews, programs, documentaries, research, and many many trips to the international space museum.
And that's nothing wrong with that. It seems to be you're pretty well informed and that you really care about it a lot :)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 01:38:02 am »
Honestly I did ask for her thoughts and opinions about it. I didn't think in one shape or form that what Pulsar said was fact.

Just to let you know, that I only say what I learned from interviews, programs, documentaries, research, and many many trips to the international space museum.
And that's nothing wrong with that. It seems to be you're pretty well informed and that you really care about it a lot :)

Definitely. Space has always appealed to me since I was young(er). I'm hoping to one day go to the I.S.S, if possible. if not, I'll just go on the Virgin space tour. and if that doesn't work, well the I'll just move to Mars XD

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 01:55:13 am »

Definitely. Space has always appealed to me since I was young(er). I'm hoping to one day go to the I.S.S, if possible. if not, I'll just go on the Virgin space tour. and if that doesn't work, well the I'll just move to Mars XD
Getting to ISS, that would be a hoot. Especially living in space. You'd be floating around at the speed of sound.

Nah not really but you get my point. (Though soundwaves can't travel in the vacuum of space)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 02:02:20 am »

Getting to ISS, that would be a hoot. Especially living in space. You'd be floating around at the speed of sound.

Nah not really but you get my point. (Though soundwaves can't travel in the vacuum of space)
haha, I wish that was possible XD But I can run around the world then. By the time you run on a treadmill for 30 mins, the ISS will have orbited the entire planet. so, I can run around the world in 30 mins XD
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:33:33 am by the_darai »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 02:55:31 am »

haha, I wish that was possible XD But I can run around the world then. By the time you run on a treadmill for 30 mins, the ISS will have orbited the entire planet. so, I can run around the world in 30 mins XD

Yeah, that's pretty fast. :O

I wonder once we have the technology if there's a way to use the Earth's orbit to travel across the planet quickly, thus ridding the need for airliners. That would be amazing.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 02:59:18 am »

Yeah, that's pretty fast. :O

I wonder once we have the technology if there's a way to use the Earth's orbit to travel across the planet quickly, thus ridding the need for airliners. That would be amazing.

There's gotta be a way for that. Earth spins faster near the equator. If you were driving a car down a road up north in the arctic, and someone else was driving on the equator at the same speed and same direction as you, they would be going faster, even though the car say they're only traveling at a set speed

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 03:44:52 am »
A little something I think you guys will find interesting (If you didn't already know it)

So, just so you get an idea, here's Earth compared to the sun http://www.quantrek.org/size_comparison/compare_sun.jpg

Now, here's the sun compared to other stars http://www.funonthenet.in/images/stories/forwards/scale%20of%20universe/sun-vs-other-stars.jpg

It just amazes me how big things are out there.

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 07:59:52 am »
What are you thoughts of life outside Earth? There are some other planets that have support life, like one planet roughtly 7 or 8 light years away and a super Earth roughly 42 light years away. Do you think we'll be able to go there one day?

Oh there's definitely life out there somewhere. I mean, why would we be the only ones in this massive universe? Science can't say there's no life out there, since we haven't even gone to any planet besides Mars. Like Kepler-22B, a planet about 600 light years away, is a water world that most likely has life. we just can't get there. One thing science claims, is that if life does exist, it has to have the EXACT same chemical and cellular structure as life on Earth. I don't think they get that not everything out there has to be like us. Life out there could not need food, it could not need water, heck, maybe it doesn't even need oxygen. Science just thinks because that's how we live, that that's how everything else should live. And I believe we will be able to visit close stars in the future, as cryopreservation is already possible, however for no longer than a week. If we can find a way to do it for a few years, then yeah, we'll be able to travel tons of places.
Science is not assumptions. You don't know whether there is or there isn't any intelligent, or even just complex life other than us in the universe. There is ZERO evidence that there is. Both theses seem to be equally unbelievable.

Anyways, I think that the question asked is too general. Is there life outside the Earth? Life can mean just microbial organisms, and everybody knows that those little buggers are tough mother f**kers. So in that sense there is life outside the Earth. However, as I've said before, there is zero proof that there are any complex life forms other than the ones on Earth.

Black holes are everywhere, though many of them are so tiny, not even our best microscope can see them. Though the really big ones, known as Quasars, and found at the center of galaxies. they're what keep all the stars, dust, and gass together, and it's also why lots of galaxies have a spiral shape, as the matter is being spun around the quasar. Now worm holes are still just theories, but as science advances, they're becoming more likely to exist.
Aren't those super tiny black holes so "unstable" that their lifespan is counted in nanoseconds?

Well, knowing how humanity is now, we'd want them to think we're the smartest thing in the universe. We'd want them to praise us, worship us, and yeah, pretty much treat us as gods. That's how lots of people are these days, they want to be better then everyone. I do believe there's parallel worlds out there, since I believe in the Multiverse theory. Think of the universe as a deck of cards. you can shuffle it lots of times, but eventually, you're gonna get the same hand. the universe is much like that. lots of things are different, but every now and then you get something the same. Now I don't think we should play god. I think we should help them so they don't ruin their planet like we did. I truly believe life more advanced then us exists. I know this sounds crazy, but i actually saw a U.F.O one time. now, think of an ant hill. now, think of people wanted to make a highway beside the anthill. the ants could want our technology, they want to know how we do this, so they can do it too. but do we care? no, we just pave right over the hill. that's like aliens and us. we're the ants, and they're the highway builders. now here's my theory. if life did advance enough to do interstellar space travel, then they obviously have treated their planet well enough to be able to sustain them that long. when they see what we're doing to our planet, they're not gonna give us their information. we would just go and ruin all the other planets too. Life definitely exists, but the chances of them visiting us are very slim.
You are not keeping this thread scientific. There is as much of a proof for multiverse theory as there is for a magic, bearded old man in the sky watching over the humanity.

I'm not saying they're true. I'm just trying to answer these questions the way scientists have answered mine. Science is based off many theories. Think about it, almost everything science claims about history and the earth, are just assumptions made when they found something that COULD lead to that. There are many things pointing toward there being a multiverse. Just because we can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. I've been studying astronomy for many years my friend, so I only tell of the truth I know of. It may not be the truth, but it's all I know. I'm trying my best here. I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you.
Sorry for my late reply, I have been busy lately.

There is no reason why you should apologise to me. I just wanted to point out that some of the things you've posted here don't have any proof to back them up. It's nothing personal.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »
What are you thoughts of life outside Earth? There are some other planets that have support life, like one planet roughtly 7 or 8 light years away and a super Earth roughly 42 light years away. Do you think we'll be able to go there one day?

Oh there's definitely life out there somewhere. I mean, why would we be the only ones in this massive universe? Science can't say there's no life out there, since we haven't even gone to any planet besides Mars. Like Kepler-22B, a planet about 600 light years away, is a water world that most likely has life. we just can't get there. One thing science claims, is that if life does exist, it has to have the EXACT same chemical and cellular structure as life on Earth. I don't think they get that not everything out there has to be like us. Life out there could not need food, it could not need water, heck, maybe it doesn't even need oxygen. Science just thinks because that's how we live, that that's how everything else should live. And I believe we will be able to visit close stars in the future, as cryopreservation is already possible, however for no longer than a week. If we can find a way to do it for a few years, then yeah, we'll be able to travel tons of places.
Science is not assumptions. You don't know whether there is or there isn't any intelligent, or even just complex life other than us in the universe. There is ZERO evidence that there is. Both theses seem to be equally unbelievable.

Anyways, I think that the question asked is too general. Is there life outside the Earth? Life can mean just microbial organisms, and everybody knows that those little buggers are tough mother f**kers. So in that sense there is life outside the Earth. However, as I've said before, there is zero proof that there are any complex life forms other than the ones on Earth.

Black holes are everywhere, though many of them are so tiny, not even our best microscope can see them. Though the really big ones, known as Quasars, and found at the center of galaxies. they're what keep all the stars, dust, and gass together, and it's also why lots of galaxies have a spiral shape, as the matter is being spun around the quasar. Now worm holes are still just theories, but as science advances, they're becoming more likely to exist.
Aren't those super tiny black holes so "unstable" that their lifespan is counted in nanoseconds?

Well, knowing how humanity is now, we'd want them to think we're the smartest thing in the universe. We'd want them to praise us, worship us, and yeah, pretty much treat us as gods. That's how lots of people are these days, they want to be better then everyone. I do believe there's parallel worlds out there, since I believe in the Multiverse theory. Think of the universe as a deck of cards. you can shuffle it lots of times, but eventually, you're gonna get the same hand. the universe is much like that. lots of things are different, but every now and then you get something the same. Now I don't think we should play god. I think we should help them so they don't ruin their planet like we did. I truly believe life more advanced then us exists. I know this sounds crazy, but i actually saw a U.F.O one time. now, think of an ant hill. now, think of people wanted to make a highway beside the anthill. the ants could want our technology, they want to know how we do this, so they can do it too. but do we care? no, we just pave right over the hill. that's like aliens and us. we're the ants, and they're the highway builders. now here's my theory. if life did advance enough to do interstellar space travel, then they obviously have treated their planet well enough to be able to sustain them that long. when they see what we're doing to our planet, they're not gonna give us their information. we would just go and ruin all the other planets too. Life definitely exists, but the chances of them visiting us are very slim.
You are not keeping this thread scientific. There is as much of a proof for multiverse theory as there is for a magic, bearded old man in the sky watching over the humanity.

I'm not saying they're true. I'm just trying to answer these questions the way scientists have answered mine. Science is based off many theories. Think about it, almost everything science claims about history and the earth, are just assumptions made when they found something that COULD lead to that. There are many things pointing toward there being a multiverse. Just because we can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. I've been studying astronomy for many years my friend, so I only tell of the truth I know of. It may not be the truth, but it's all I know. I'm trying my best here. I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you.
Sorry for my late reply, I have been busy lately.

There is no reason why you should apologise to me. I just wanted to point out that some of the things you've posted here don't have any proof to back them up. It's nothing personal.

I understand there's no proof. There are many theories, and I'm just giving the ones I believe in.

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 07:38:59 pm »
Just to revive this thread, here's a version of Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" i like, maybe because of the song used.

I'd like to read some of Sagan's books sometime...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:42:19 pm by Scroptels GL »