We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What does Klonoa Mean to You?  (Read 4616 times)

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
What does Klonoa Mean to You?
« on: November 15, 2014, 07:27:04 pm »
What does Klonoa mean to you? No, I don't mean the name. I mean the series itself. I just had the idea of stating why we like Klonoa so much, etc. I'll start... After a few others post too. Yes, I'm a troll.

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
Re: What does Klonoa Mean to You?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:31:47 pm »
Klonoa made me realize how important it is to have dreams (I've only played Phantomile as of now).

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 07:39:47 pm »
Besides da cuteness, da weirdness, da eveything, i think the reason i like the series so much is because it reminds me of myself LOL falling asleep and then going into my own little adventures♥ :embarassed:
I said this in the shoutbox before when we were talking about dreams, but sometimes the events that happen in my dreams take place in real life... like I predicted the future somehow and what's going to happen to some of the people I know in my life, deja vu i guess. x_x

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 08:01:40 pm »
Well, the most important one for me is Klonoa's personality. He helps everyone, he's a hero. But he never asked something for change. And he trusts his friends, Hewpoe lied him about his true personality and even his past. At the end Klonoa still trusts him and see him as a friend.

And of course he's very cute. I really like his ears. ;D

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 08:04:19 pm »
And of course he's very cute. I really like his ears. ;D

OH MI GAWSH YES YES YES!!! THOSE EARS SO TOTALLY CUTE!!♥♥♥

Click to enlarge!♥

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 08:08:53 pm »
That series has so many meanings to me now...
Klonoa which I rediscovered recently since not seeing it since my childhood helped me get out of a bitter cycle I was in mentally.

It is the first game to make me start feeling any kind of emotion again. In the end even though I tried my best to down play the game and originally heavily mocked and hated Klonoa as a character I broke on the ending. Not only did Klonoa remind me how to smile and maybe start being myself again but it brought back a range of other emotions to me as well.

No game yet has ever made me really feel anything at all. Where as this game felt alive to me in some senses.
I didn't want to feel anything again I had given up trying to care about anything but in the end maybe it is not so bad...

Indirectly because of this one profoundly heart wrenching game despite me usually hateing cutesy things and the like. I've starting doing a lot of new things I've messed with art some I've become social again I've learned a hell of lot about emulators and how to make decent videos.

I had no motivation of any sort to try anything really until this series forced me out of that state.

There are so many meanings now because more keep adding and more things are happening all because of the result of this game and it's stories and meanings.

As far as dreams go I'll probably try to mock them to the very end as being meaningless but I can't seem stop myself from wanting to try on occasion.

For the past 7 months I've been doing a lot of things based around this game series in my free time. I don't feel any motivation to do much else.

I have no clue why this game series has affected me so unnaturally and profoundly so. You have no idea how much I hate feeling anything and yet I'd let my mind fall into a sort of madness and allow myself to feel just so I can understand better what it is this game's story wants to get across as a message.

There are too many meanings now for me to list I'd rant on endlessly.

In short this game forced me have a heart again and words cannot describe the turmoil that has brought to my mind. But maybe that is better than a false peace though it was more like stillness not a peace.

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 08:13:47 pm »
That series has so many meanings to me now...
Klonoa which I rediscovered recently since not seeing it since my childhood helped me get out of a bitter cycle I was in mentally.

It is the first game to make me start feeling any kind of emotion again. In the end even though I tried my best to down play the game and originally heavily mocked and hated Klonoa as a character I broke on the ending. Not only did Klonoa remind me how to smile and maybe start being myself again but it brought back a range of other emotions to me as well.

No game yet has ever made me really feel anything at all. Where as this game felt alive to me in some senses.
I didn't want to feel anything again I had given up trying to care about anything but in the end maybe it is not so bad...

Indirectly because of this one profoundly heart wrenching game despite me usually hateing cutesy things and the like. I've starting doing a lot of new things I've messed with art some I've become social again I've learned a hell of lot about emulators and how to make decent videos.

I had no motivation of any sort to try anything really until this series forced me out of that state.

There are so many meanings now because more keep adding and more things are happening all because of the result of this game and it's stories and meanings.

As far as dreams go I'll probably try to mock them to the very end as being meaningless but I can't seem stop myself from wanting to try on occasion.

For the past 7 months I've been doing a lot of things based around this game series in my free time. I don't feel any motivation to do much else.

I have no clue why this game series has affected me so unnaturally and profoundly so. You have no idea how much I hate feeling anything and yet I'd let my mind fall into a sort of madness and allow myself to feel just so I can understand better what it is this game's story wants to get across as a message.

There are too many meanings now for me to list I'd rant on endlessly.

In short this game forced me have a heart again and words cannot describe the turmoil that has brought to my mind. But maybe that is better than a false peace though it was more like stillness not a peace.

Wow..... Bless your heart.♥

Click to enlarge!♥

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 08:19:44 pm »
Well, to me...Klonoa is a cute, enchanting, yet completely underrated platforming game. And I guess the character of Klonoa is intriguing to me.

Oh, and the ending to the second game made me cry. That's something, too.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 08:26:25 pm »
Wow..... Bless your heart.♥

I don't want a heart I DON'T WANT IT!!. But I can't seem to get rid of it and yes I have tried.   x_x x_x x_x x_x x_x x_x
I will never be able to forget this game series that is for certain.
* Daemyn old false self = defeated

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 09:12:59 pm »
Oh what a sweet thread...

Klonoa is a lot to me. Klonoa 2, especially.
It's a game that I can go back and play over and over and over, and no matter how depressed, angry, or upset I am, it always pulls me back into this inescapable bliss and it never fails to make me happy again. And that's something I need quite often.
I think it is to my teen years what Zelda was to my childhood years, which is incredibly special in a way I can't really express. I will literally never get tired of talking about it, it's world, it's characters, etc, and I can't every stay angry when I think about it.

It also gave me the characters that I hold so dear now. My whole life now revolves around these characters and the stories I'm trying to tell with them, but they used to just be dumb Klonoa fan characters. They're all grown up now and have nothing to do with the series anymore (something I'm glad of), but they still wouldn't exist without it and I'm not ashamed to admit the game inspired me that much.

I owe a lot to Klonoa and it has a lot of sentimental value to me.
/end emotional post