We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: A quick question.....  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
A quick question.....
« on: November 02, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »
I have a question/theory...
Since Xbox 360 and PS3 allow you to share games by downloading them to another console by username.....
Would the same thing work with the Wii U/3DS digital downloads? Yes or no
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: A quick question.....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 03:15:38 pm »
No.

Downloads are pretty much just for the console. You can transfer 3DS games and pictures to another 3DS using System Transfer, but that's it. Not sure about WiiU.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 04:50:09 pm »
No.

Downloads are pretty much just for the console. You can transfer 3DS games and pictures to another 3DS using System Transfer, but that's it. Not sure about WiiU.
I don't think so because someone had lost his/her 3DS and got a new one so said user went and called Nintendo and asked how to redownload his games and they said that said user would have to use the Nintendo ID account used to download the content from the old system. So said user enter the credentials to his account was able to download user said's games on the new 3DS..... but thats what I have heard from a youtube video
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 05:59:04 pm »
Ok here's the story. Since I sold my 3DS XL I was performing a System Format cuz I read that was the only way to Unlink your 3DS to the Nintendo Network ID. So yeah I did it. After the 3DS Rebooted there was no games on it and I was thinking 'Ok thats fine now I can go to the eShop and Redownload them'

I went to the eShop then Settings/Others then Your Downloads and there was only Dinosaur Office and Swapnote.

Ok I called Nintendo and the explained everything I did to the guy. He asked me the 3DS XL's Serial Number, In the past with that Serial Number they could see what Games you've downloaded, but he checked on the System only appeared Dinosaur Office and Swapnote. I gave him my Nintendo Club Account Info and none of the games appeared. So he asked me to Re-Link the 3DS to my Nintendo Network ID which I did. So when Linking he told me 'The Games now Appear in the System'. He told me to go see if the games appear in my Download List now. And Yes the games are now there and I can Redowload them even the ones that I obtained by System Transfer and Super Mario 3D Land from Nintendo Promotion earlier this year.

The Cool thing is that I asked him if I could use this account on another 3DS and will be able to download the games from the eShop and he told me 'Yes but only one 3DS can play the games'.

Did you read the description for this video at all?

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 06:20:27 pm »
Yes meaning it is possible to send one game over to another system via Nintendo ID. Thats what I was seeing so if it works like that for the 3DS it may work for the Wii U... as well.

Though I am trying to see if one can send a game by sharing the nintendo ID with a friend and see if they can play it on their system with their own nintendo network ID setup or a separate profile.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:54:55 pm by mnstrmthd, Reason: don\'t double post »

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 05:32:03 am »
Well, I heared Wii U could do that, but whatever.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »
Well ok then solo WHO WANTS FREE WIND WAKER HD?