I would like to take the time to explain how we go about the system we have in place. It's rather simple and I feel it's rather lenient but on the same token gets the point across rather nicely For the most part, each member are given four chances. The Points Tier0%
- This is where most of our members are at. No warnings. Let's keep it that way!25%
- The warning level here is when a mod or admin starts watching you. While it's a little intimidating, it's not really much to worry about, unless you break another rule.50%
- This is when things get ugly. When a member gets to 50%, that member is placed in a special member group. It's like Star Members, but the complete opposite. You lose some privileges, such as not being able to comment on profiles, shoutbox disabled, unable to use drafts, unable to modify own profile, make polls, or upload attachments. Only admins can place a member in Cursed (at this moment.)75%
- If you haven't learned anything from being in Cursed, then things escalate even further--you are now muted. You cannot make any posts of any kind.100%
- Banned until further noticed. Only admins can ban per se, but mods can ban (if the level was at 75% or more already. Mods are only use 25% max for any member per day.)
Now, if you're Banned, you are banned for a certain amount of time and you're allowed to come back, but you will come back as Cursed and will stay in Cursed until the warning level drops.
If you're wondering if/when your warned how does the level drop? It's automatically set to deduct 1 pt every 24 hours. So if you're at 50%, it'll take 50 days for your level to drop down to 0%. This also means you're in Cursed until it's back to 0.
Now, there are EXCEPTIONS to the system. You are immediately banned if you do the following:
You will be placed in Cursed if you do any of the following:
- Being a bot/spamming. (permanant ban.)
- Completely provoking an admin (poking the hornet's nest.)
- Posting NSFW material.
- Blatantly trolling or flaming other users
- Repeated breaking the same rules over and over again within intervals (for example, get a warning for being advertising another forum, the warning expires, then do it again, wait for expire, ad nauseum).
If there is any question about how the system works, please feel free to ask an admin or mod and we'll try to clear it up for you.