We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Shoutbox forgotten features (On To-Do list currently)  (Read 5667 times)

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
Shoutbox forgotten features (On To-Do list currently)
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:37:40 pm »
In the old forums, There was an ability to remove your messages, also there was a shoutbox history  :|

So, i want to ask a question : Is it possible those features return? :unsure:

Well, looks like it's on the To-Do List, 
[spoiler=LOGIN TO SEE]Well, I don't want Guests to see the shoutbox, because Privacy. :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:55:02 am by ALOIYD »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: Shoutbox forgetten features
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »
You forgot another thing: The Shoutbox used to be visible to guests, too.

Anyway, Darai has said in the past that those extra features- Shoutbox history, specifically- cost money to maintain. And considering he's asking for donations to the site as it is...I don't think we'll be seeing those extras anytime soon.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:22:23 am »
If I remember asking about it right he said the shoutbox pro is something like $20-$50.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:02:16 am »
I would love to get Shoutbox Pro. As it is, I'm tight on money, but once I finish my courses and start getting paid from my job, then yes, I'll add Shoutbox Pro.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »
In the old forums, There was an ability to remove your messages, also there was a shoutbox history  :|

So, i want to ask a question : Is it possible those features return?
Edit/Remove and History is available to me. Maybe user permissions needs to be modified for regular users? Check out the attachment.

I would love to get Shoutbox Pro. As it is, I'm tight on money, but once I finish my courses and start getting paid from my job, then yes, I'll add Shoutbox Pro.
Instead of Shoutbox Pro, I recommend checking out other software, or ask developer to fix the issues. This one acts weird when multiple tabs opened, also uses Flash Player (meh.)

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:15 pm »

So, i want to ask a question : Is it possible those features return?
Edit/Remove and History is available to me. Maybe user permissions needs to be modified for regular users? Check out the attachment.

Instead of Shoutbox Pro, I recommend checking out other software, or ask developer to fix the issues. This one acts weird when multiple tabs opened, also uses Flash Player (meh.)

Weird, maybe darai forgot to change normal user permissions?

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »

If there was another shoutbox, I'd use it. However they are either all outdated leaving this Shoutbox as available. As I said before it's not an issue; it's something the devs deliberately did to give you a reason to upgrade to Shoutbox Pro. Also, it doesn't use Flash player. At all.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »
Weird, maybe darai forgot to change normal user permissions?
I need to install SMF and Shoutbox plugin to my development enviorment to test, since I don't have permissions to do it on Untamed Heart, also I never mess with admin panel without taking backups on a live website. It's possible to brake stuff with it.

If there was another shoutbox, I'd use it. However they are either all outdated leaving this Shoutbox as available. As I said before it's not an issue; it's something the devs deliberately did to give you a reason to upgrade to Shoutbox Pro. Also, it doesn't use Flash player. At all.
SimplePortal have it's own Shoutbox, which is more actively developed then Shoutbox plugin and there are other Shoutbox plugins available on SMF plugins site. Also IRC is a great option to consider, IMO.

About Flash, then what is this: http://forums.untamedheart.us/Themes/default/shoutbox.swf

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 12:38:46 am »
As much as I like SimplePortal, I'm not able to use it. It breaks the forums' theme.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:26:06 am »
As much as I like SimplePortal, I'm not able to use it. It breaks the forums' theme.
Like what? It looks fine on here.