There is a new Klonoa Fan Magazine out. Come see here. https://forums.untamedheart.us/?page=zine

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The Reunion of Two Friends  (Read 2784 times)

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
The Reunion of Two Friends
« on: August 15, 2014, 11:20:13 pm »
 Oh you know what I'm talking about. This post will discuss whether or not (spoiler) Klonoa and Huepoe should meet again.  :O < That's right, Klonoa! You're gonna see your best friend again! Well, if these guys want ya to, at least.  :( But don't worry, buddy! I'm sure they'll want you to see Huepoe again... *glares at readers* right? So here's the question: Should Klonoa and Huepoe reunite? And if yes, how?

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: The Reunion of Two Friends
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:32:19 pm »
What? I thought they've united in Empire of Dreams, or in the Japanese exclusive game, Moonlight Museum.

Huh? Spinoffs don't count? But...the dev team never told you those games are spinoffs!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:41:43 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

• Hero in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:02 pm »
Well, I've played Empire of Dreams, and I don't think they've ever been separated in that game. But in the cannon games Klonoa has been dealing with being separated from his best friend. No. I wanna see a VERY tearjerking and emotional reunion, just as, or so help me, more dramatic then the ending of the first game. Sorry if I'm being a little demanding to Namco.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:17:49 am »
Well, when Klonoa's awake in EoD, Huepoe has been along by his side. That's why I said they've been reunited.
The dev team never defined DtP and LV as canon games, too.

Let me ask this first - what do you think about the reunion in Jim Zub's DTONS?
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 12:29:05 am »
I always thought that and Moonlight Museum were extensions to DtP. Remember Huepow mentioning those fake memories?

• Hero in Training
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 01:00:57 am »
@RollingMeowcat: You mean the ShiftyLook comic? Well, personally it was rather disappointing. I'd prefer it to be more emotional.
@LazerSunfish: Hmm... Maybe they are.

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 02:10:22 am »
With the spinoffs, I think it has to be asked how much Klonoa actually remembers his previous dreams, especially when he is in the process dreaming/dream travelling. Then again though, the canonicity of anything but the two main games is in doubt. I remember someone saying that officially, only the two main games are canon, but don't take my word on it.

I have to say, for me Huepow's actions felt kind of controversial, so I wonder how the dev team would pull off a reunification, if it did happen. I guess we were given an idea in LV, Klonoa obviously understood why it all happened the way it did, and wasn't bitter about it at all.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:16:38 am by Bitterman »

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 08:57:35 am »
^THIS! I agree with your first paragraph, though not completely.

I think that it is made quite obvious by the devs that those games are not canon. I mean, they throw the entire story, all the consequences, and implications to the garbage can. How else would you interpret that? Klonoa appears to not recall any of the painful emotions while reuniting with Huepow. He just rolls with it. Ha ha!

I'm just going to cite a part of the interview with Hideo Yoshizawa, and write a couple of my thoughts about the subject of this thread:

"I remember playing Klonoa on the PS1 and all the way at the end the game was very sad. Actually, Klonoa 2 was pretty sad too. How come Klonoa has such tearful endings?

At that time there were a lot of movie-like games were being made. I started to wonder if it were possible to make a story that could only be told in a game. As I thought about this, the idea of the game’s opening and ending suddenly struck me.

The story of Klonoa is structured like a fairy tale.  There is the basic story that is fun for anyone, but there is also a deeper meaning behind it for adults to think about as well.

I also think that the sad ending of Klonoa could be a metaphor for how you feel after finishing a good game."

I think that the game ending can be a metaphor for how you feel after finishing a good novel, movie, TV series (although good and TV series appears to be an oxymoron), you name it...

You emerge into a word that you don't really belong to as Klonoa doesn't belong to Phantomile. You feel as if the, for the lack of a better word, alien (I hate how this word sounds, and also don't want to plagiarize Shiroemon style) beings made of the bitter smelling ink, or rather bits nowadays, have become your well known friends. But, in reality it is a delusion; as Klonoa was deluded by Huepow. In the end, as the protagonist of our beloved games we don't care if it is a delusion. We don't want to leave; we don't want to see that pesky, blank page at the end of the book. As Klonoa digs his nails into the ground we do the same. We don't want to leave the phantasy and move on. Life has no climax, life has no ending. You always have to move on...

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/03/20/klonoa-now-and-then-hideo-yoshizawa-returns-to-phantomile/

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:26:40 am by Gyzyn »

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 09:16:33 am »
Klonoa's friends feel alone sad ending to classic Huepow or Hewpoe Wii remake original i used to indecisive. :|