Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Let's talk about Klonoa's current state of popularity...  (Read 11511 times)

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Re: Let's talk about Klonoa's current state of popularity...
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 10:57:57 am »
I'm still flaming nintendo for console's performance. They are still using same architecture with GameCube, which will make it's graphics look like 90's when compared to PlayStation and xbox.

Klonoa was successful on PSone and Klonoa 2 was successful on PS2, and I also think that Klonoa 3 will more successful on PlayStation.  ;)

same architecture =\= same specs

Nintendo uses the PowerPC (or maybe ARM now) architecture, this architecture uses the RISC instruction set, and is much faster compared to Intel processors with the same speed. Gamecube is crappy if you compare it to its era's computers, yet graphics were amazing and still are for the time. Why this? Optimization. Wii U is fast enough to get graphics as good as PS4/Xbone because Nintendo optimizes things. There are PS4 and Xbone games that are still 30fps 1080p or 720p and have framerate issues, while I always see quality in Nintendo's games, 2nd parties and third parties. Having a super powerful console doesn't mean it will run well if the games aren't optimized. A console with less power can perform better than one with more, as long as it's optimized.

Also Klonoa wouldn't really do that well on PS4, because there are "hardcore gamers" that want muh AAA generic shooter titles. There's already an estabilished community on the Wii U instead.

P.s: Remember that Wii U handles 2 screens and still goes 60fps
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:00:21 am by Vincentmrl »

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 11:58:00 am »
Actually, I think that Klonoa series are more popular on PlayStation's side, they should release Klonoa 3 for PlayStation 3 or 4 and not for CommercialFailure U.

• Hero in Training
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 11:59:40 am »
Actually, I think that Klonoa series are more popular on PlayStation's side, they should release Klonoa 3 for PlayStation 3 or 4 and not for CommercialFailure U.

Wii U isn't a commercial failure, everyone has been flaming Nintendo for that, but after E3, even Kotaku agreed it's an awesome console and the already available games are good. No one has been caring about PS4 and Xbox one, selling a lot with basically no games (before E3), but everyone just flamed Nintendo (as usual) for the console's performance etc, yet games run 60fps 720p or 1080p and for example the new Zelda will too (the preview was an in engine trailer on a real Wii U). Remember that there are more Klonoa games on Nintendo consoles than Sony and Namco is partnering with Nintendo for a while (next Smash games for example). Wii U or 3DS (if they don't do crappy graphics) would be the best choice for them, even because fans have that console and Empire of dreams was a success with the Eshop release.

Amen to that, dude!

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 12:14:46 pm »
Hey everyone! You've gone too far.
I think we should keep the discussion relating to Klonoa in this thread.
We can argue over the consoles in another one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:33:18 pm by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

• Hero in Training
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 05:04:07 pm »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:09 pm »

Getting back on topic AGAIN, Klonoa may be better suited for the WiiU demographic. (but if Klonoa 3 was on PS4, then that makes 3 games I would buy a PS4 for and never use again. [the others being Final Fantasy VI, and- what else?- Kingdom Hearts 3.])

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

• Hero in Training
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 02:44:02 pm »
Can we keep this thread going?

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 11:36:18 pm »
Umm, okay, topic discussion. Lesse... :unsure: did I mention How active the Klonoa Miiverse community was? It was even displayed on the WiiU home menu for a brief time. That was fun. Of course, it got a LOT less active over time, but only because of the game's lack of replay value.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

• Hero in Training
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 11:56:28 pm »
Umm, okay, topic discussion. Lesse... :unsure: did I mention How active the Klonoa Miiverse community was? It was even displayed on the WiiU home menu for a brief time. That was fun. Of course, it got a LOT less active over time, but only because of the game's lack of replay value.

No, you did not mention that, but hopefully we could get this community going still, and since the game was on the home menu for awhile, I thought FOR SURE it was foreshadowing something smashing!

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 11:59:47 pm »
foreshadowing something smashing!

I can't handle the puns.