Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Who Wants to Talk about Couples?  (Read 19540 times)

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Re: Who Wants to Talk about Couples?
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »
I find it funny, how my one stray comment turned this into a discussion of the manga.

I was hesitant to say this at first, but there are some people out there (namely, on fanfiction.net) who believe in Klonoa/Guntz as a couple, for whatever reason...

did someone say ships wow looks like it's time for me to over analyze and get overly passionate about internet things. Also time to get out the sass cannon

Klonoa and Guntz is actually just about as "hinted" (or should I really say, "there is just as much material to ship them off of")  as Klonoa and Lolo, as Klonoa and Guntz act brotherly and have a really close platonic bond by the end of Heroes and NxC, and Klonoa has "friendzoned" Lolo in Heroes (I.e. Balue: " do you like Lolo?" Klono: "She's my friend" Balue: "What a disappointing answer" it's really Balue's response that lets me believe he doesn't return any romantic affections) And I will probably be crucified for this but I dare say that there's more "material" to ship Guntz and Klonoa off of because they seem to have gone through more emotional experiences together, honestly, throughout Heroes and NxC combined.

Honestly here's why I believe that more people ship Klonoa and Lolo and reject Klonoa and Guntz:

-Klololo is a straight ship.
-the majority of the fans have never played/read Heroes and even less bothered with NxC
-Klonoa and Guntz were rivals in Guntz's debut game (which incidentally was also the only game with Guntz to have an American release) so people think the ship is a crack ship.
-Lolo canonly has a crush on Klonoa so everyone seems to think its requited when really it's not. He loves her but it seems to really just be platonically.
-the internet has an overall disdain for fictional gay couples because of how immature Yaoi fangirls are (so basically any gay ship is put off as Yaoi and has lost all chance of being respected as just a couple. And people say that Yaoi fangirls are heterophobes just wow I could go on for years about this)
-do I have to mention again that it's the straight ship? (Sorry for all the sarcasm but wow god forbid people see a character as gay it bothers me so much)

And again the canon bond between Klonoa and Guntz is also platonic, and you can ship whatever you want go right on ahead and do that but honestly if you were to really break it down no ship in the Klonoa series is canon. He isn't canonly gay or straight or bi or pan but that also means he has the potential of also being any of those things (he was trans in a chapter of the manga but only for gag, unfortunately) so Klololo is no more canon than Gunoa, just more popular, namely for the reasons above.

Personally, I do ship Guntz and Klonoa. Heroes just grand slammed that right home for me (EDIT: also this fic here --> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4924405/1/Remember-Me the only thing that bothers me is that ehhh Lolo is just a little too vengeful, Gunoa shippers do need to lighten up on her I'll admit that much.) . I also just really like ships that remind me of me and my girlfriend, so sue me, heh.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:26:10 pm by Artsy »

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2014, 09:16:32 pm »
I always loved the couples of Klonoa x Lolo, Gunts x Leorina, and Popka x Tat. I'm weird, dun judge meh XD
That's funny because Guntz and Leorina are not supposed to meet each other.
Huh? Volleyball? It's a spin-off, remember?
What does it matter?
This. Guntz and Leorina are not supposed to meet each other.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2014, 09:19:09 pm »
You're...kidding right? Yeah Klonoa x Lolo is the standard this but I've seen FAR more Guntz x Klo or KoS x Klo. I don't think it has to do with it being straight, that's just how the internet works, or rather every fanbase I've seen.

Then again ships shouldn't be taken seriously. As in, not at all.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2014, 09:19:38 pm »
I always loved the couples of Klonoa x Lolo, Gunts x Leorina, and Popka x Tat. I'm weird, dun judge meh XD
What does it matter?
Again, does is really matter in a non-canon ship?

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »
I am serious?? Like okay, I get it, fanfiction and pixiv have pretty much every ship. Actually on fanfiction it's pretty half and half between gay and straight ships and pixiv is still majority Klololo. But if you look at like the internet in general, even the way the wiki had been set up for a while (I say a while because I think someone finally fixed it to be more general?? But they often worded things like "oh yeah she's his love interest" or hinting that their canon a lot of the time) the vast majority ships Klololo and treat it either like its canon or it's the only ship that isn't "crack" or unreasonable. And I'm not claiming this fandom to be homophobic I was talking about the internet in general on that (and even then it's not even blatant homophobia it's just more so subtle and mostly unintentional) but there is always going to be a straight bias in every fandom where ships aren't canon. And I'm talking more about how these ships are treated as more reasonable and everything else is more... Weird..? I'm not sure how to word this part.

I mean there are a lot of different ships in this fandom but I was referring more to the way they're treated due to the way the comment I responded to it was put. "I was hesitant to bring up" and "for some reason" I was trying to respond to the way the comment was worded and I will hands down admit it turned a little rant-y.

I'm really sorry like I know that I got sarcastic in my post so if I came off as mean I'm sorry.

And I'm not even trying to bash Klololo shippers I've just noticed it's a trend and I wanted to say something about it.

Again, please, ship what you want. I don't want to make people feel genuinely bad for what they ship. I've been in that position way too often. And to no one in particular just kind of a general statement, respect other's ships too. Like in general I keep seeing responses like "but it's not canon". No ships are canon so it's kind of a mute point...

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2014, 09:53:43 pm »
I don't think it's really an issue, especially here. Also I think what you're trying to say is that some fandoms like to some ships the de facto ship (Sort of like Sonic and Amy or like Sonic and Shadow) and if someone doesn't agree with said ship, it tends to rain down hellfire upon that person. Me personally, I think non-canon ships are a bit of a waste unless they're really defined canon anyway, so I believe it's safe to assume that, in this case, Klonoa and Lolo because close friends (though yet Lolo does like Klonoa, that's obviously Klonoa doesn't return romantic feelings) and with the case of Guntz and Klo they're close friends (yet Guntz teases him, but again Klonoa doesn't return any real romantic feelings, though I can somewhat understand how fans come to the conclusion for those ships.

But again, as I said before, ships aren't meant to be taken seriously, it's one of those things that fandoms like to do, so it's each person's prerogative. I won't deride anyone's opinion about it and I definitely won't let any members here do the same to each other. It's all about tolerance and respect.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2014, 12:29:10 am »
My OTP is Mega Man x Yellow Devil.

It is only meant to be. Just play the first game to see how much they love each other!

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2014, 12:31:16 am »
What does it matter?
Again, does is really matter in a non-canon ship?
So I just said it's funny. :P
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2023, 01:53:42 am »
Woah, how weird to see Mikey in 2014 really liking romance, while now, well, actually, he is a grown man already afterall...  :unsure: I guess the same would go to me, i love that, but i won't be as leaneant to that whenever i'm not a teenager anymore right...

I guess Hyupo x Lephise came from that 4 Koma comic where she says "I like... Hyupo!" after not really accepting being Balue's wife. Hmmm, wonder what else... ...? Yeah no idea what else to say about how much can they have in common to be, i guess, a couple, but, some times royal couples are, certainly a different story...

... I don't really see it, really... I thought Lephise was Hyupo's sister, but, guess i was wrong.  :embarassed:

I don't know if i want to or not to talk about couples, actually, but i'm doing it, so, why not keep going... Well Lolo and Klonoa is a common ship that is, official and well of course i follow what's official, but... I feel like there isn't enough about it... Well, they had quite the sweet adventure, they had moments, they helped each other and others, maybe that is enough for the game, but i feel like when i think too much about it, actually, whenever i over-think about Lunatea's Veil in general, i just, start to feel like there is more to be desired in this whole game that, just, isn't fully accomplished i feel, hard to say but, y'all heard many times already from me i guess...

... I kinda see it, but, well, more to be desired, but at that point, it should be up to me shouldn't it... Well, i'm scared of drawing Klonoa in, direct, romantic, situations, per, say...?  :O
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2023, 11:17:42 pm »
Ah yes, let's see, what can I add in a near-decade old thread about Klonoa relationships...

Klonoa's a cool kid, he ain't need no women in tune to his stroll  :smile2:
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho