We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What direction would you want out of a new entry?  (Read 543 times)

Offline MarioNumbers

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
Re: What direction would you want out of a new entry?
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2024, 12:33:25 pm »
Well, I'm certainly surprised my simple wants from a Klonoa 3 are oddly controversial. :embarassed: guess that's what happens you have a series so widely interpreted differently by other people.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2024, 02:23:29 pm »
Well, I'm certainly surprised my simple wants from a Klonoa 3 are oddly controversial. :embarassed: guess that's what happens you have a series so widely interpreted differently by other people.
(Image removed from quote.)

Specially my takes.  :bad_straight_face:
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline MarioNumbers

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2024, 03:46:33 pm »
I'm not saying I want a whole slew of returning characters at all. (Huepow and pretty much everyone from Phantomile should more or less be left alone) but I think Klonoa being able to finally relax with at least one familiar face, not counting the spin-off characters, would be a satisfactory way to end it; even if it leaves the fate of them both rather vague.

It's not just for shipping reasons. mostly, I think Klonoa's mental state and inner trauma is really something worth delving into, let alone his origins and what exactly he is. I never exactly liked that they tried to go back to seemingly making him more of a player surrogate, I get that was the original intention: but by the time DTP was finalized and even by LV, he felt like his own character rather than an avatar for the audience. It's a lot different from the usual mascots like Mario, whom typically aren't allowed to show much emotion. It's also why I feel the Wii remake really butchered DTP's original storytelling by removing a lot of Klonoa's own dialogue and having Huepow speak in his place.

I like Klonoa because he isn't like other typical video game protagonists, he has his own feelings and emotions from a rather traumatizing childhood. Even at the end of LV, I always saw that less of him "just accepting his fate" and just masking up a facade because he didn't want Lolo to suffer a constant shadow of guilt looming over him. Then again, I also interpret stuff like Grandpa's death in DTP as having a much greater affect on him and I imagine he never wanted to get attached to anyone by the time he entered Lunatea, still hurting from his time with Huepow.