No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What game did you just beat?  (Read 1905 times)

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Re: What game did you just beat?
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2024, 05:05:22 pm »

I had a blast on the first two Batman Arkham games on PC back to back  :D . They're some of the most fun thoughtfully constructed beat em up and stealthy action adventure games. I technically beat Arkham City on PS3 a long while back but the trilogy was on discount on Steam so I picked them up there!

Batman is one of my favorite superheroes of all time, although I've only got to experience his stories through games and movies and not the comics unfortunately. But these adaptations are the next best thing as the story and gameplay pacing go hand in hand.

But anyways I highly recommend these excellent games, especially if you're a Batman fan. I'll be checking out Arkham Origins and Knight later on.

Batman is pretty awesome  ;)
I haven't played any of the Batman Arkham games before, though I've heard they were good
Maybe I should play them one of these days
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2024, 06:37:58 pm »

Batman is pretty awesome  ;)
I haven't played any of the Batman Arkham games before, though I've heard they were good
Maybe I should play them one of these days
They were just on discount last week on Steam but that's sadly over, though there's always a sale around the corner anyway!

You should totally give Arkham Asylum a go to evaluate if you like it, the rest of the games might just interest ya from that point  ;D
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2024, 09:53:34 pm »
They were just on discount last week on Steam but that's sadly over, though there's always a sale around the corner anyway!

You should totally give Arkham Asylum a go to evaluate if you like it, the rest of the games might just interest ya from that point  ;D

Yeah, I'll try it one day
$20 ain't too bad of a price, though it'd probably be better to wait for a sale 
I had a busy last week, so I probably wouldn't had been able to get it if I knew about it
Sales do happen a lot though, so
In terms of the game series, should I start with the very first one?
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2024, 08:00:45 pm »

In terms of the game series, should I start with the very first one?
Yes, that would be Arkham Asylum!
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2024, 09:37:18 pm »

In my opinion, the best of Acclaim's 3D licensed wrestling games simply because they simplified the button combinations for moves. It's a lot closer to other wrestling games in the sense that you press one direction and a button. I say closer because you still need to consult a command list to see what combinations you can do with what wrestler, but this is still a huge improvement over previous games.

They also added a backstage arena and an octagon (for some reason), which definitely add variety to the game. They've also added "table" matches (Quotations because you don't win if you break one) and brimstone matches where you can throw enemies into a fire outside of the ring to win. There are also dumpster matches which work the same way but instead of surrounding the ring, you have to throw your opponent out of one side of the ring into a dumpster to win.

If you create a wrestler and enter career mode, you can't then change that wrestler's moves. Well, you can, but they won't apply to career mode.
Career mode consists of 2 belts you have to work towards winning: TV and Hardcore. TV was easy enough, but Hardcore started to give you loads of handicap matches you have no chance at winning! I had to eventually just save the game before the next match and then reload to randomise it again to get more fair matches.

Pretty fun game, but it did get old fast. Definitely the best ECW game, but that's not a very high bar.

I decided to get the N64 version of this imported from America since I enjoyed the PS1 game. It wouldn’t work with my N64 passport at all no matter what I did, so I had to settle with getting a repro for Etsy made to work on PAL units. I also beat this 100% and have developed a strategy to do it fast. Might try and speedrun and stream it once I get my capture card.

The N64 version looks and plays better than PS1 but is mostly the same. There seems to be lines of commentary on N64 that doesn’t appear on PS1 and vice versa, which is really interesting.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2024, 08:31:09 pm »
Beat a few games since the last post.

Went through the easy branch, and had fun with it other than the awful turning.
I tried to go through the other branches, but it told me I failed after winning a race in 1st because I didn’t score enough points. I cba. I technically beat this game, so I’m moving on.

Was no Sega Rally, but this was still pretty fun in it's own right!

As a wrestling game, this is awful. It’s a Power Stone style game, and you can’t do any wrestling moves.
As a button mashing fighting game, it’s actually pretty fun! I had a really good time with this one. There were some opponents that were bull**** hard, but never felt impossible.

The game shines as a multiplayer game, though! When I played this with a friend, we had a blast!

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2024, 12:43:15 am »
Yes, that would be Arkham Asylum!

I don't have Arkham Asylum at moment though I did add it to my Steam wishlist
However, I do happen to have a Ps3 copy of Arkham Origins, which I did 'test' it on our old Ps3 and it still works!  :big_smile:

Though Arkham Origins isn't the first one so I'm gonna have to wait to play it

I'm assuming Arkham Origins is also pretty good!

Wahoo!