Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa GMS2 Fangame - Whispers of the Wind  (Read 9718 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Klonoa GMS2 Fangame - Whispers of the Wind
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2023, 01:41:06 pm »
Plans for story re-write, possibly at least:

-Now having a fairy tale focuse on its world, with classic villains, a story about what are good things if there is no bad, as well about giving another chance, forgiveness for sins, and learning from.
-Klonoa is 10 years old, he is not fully aware of things, lacks common sense at first.
-Mr. Yaminowa (previously nammed Muga) now seeks to get rid of all that is bad in this world so he wants to summon Iris for it.
-Traditional animation done on real sheets will be used for the game instead of pre-rendered 3D models.
-The presentation will be like a "western" DVD re-release of an 80s / early 90s Japanese animation.
-The game will use English instead of Phantomillian.
-World has 8 separated lands.
-Alot of the game will be played like a point and click adventure with alot of character interactions, and visual novel, instead of just a regular Klonoa adventure.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Your (probably) exhausted nerd
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2023, 11:17:20 am »
It's been awhile but I just have a quick question, does anyone (involved in the project or not) have any suggestions and ideas?
It can be anything, story elements, level ideas, gimmick ideas, etc.

I know that this probably won't get many responses but I will take each response into consideration. I want to see what people would like to see from this game (If I ever actually finish it).
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-
(Actual age: 15 - I made a mistake on my profile :p)

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2023, 04:26:46 pm »
It's been awhile but I just have a quick question, does anyone (involved in the project or not) have any suggestions and ideas?

I know that this probably won't get many responses but I will take each response into consideration. I want to see what people would like to see from this game (If I ever actually finish it).

A secret joke superboss. I have a few game ideas myself, and this is something I want to include in every game that I ever make.

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2023, 07:28:06 pm »

Have you figured out a visual identity for the game yet? I look back at something like the Sonic Riders intro FMV and I always wondered what if a game used that type of cool, radical street graffity aesthetic. We do have a few similar examples of those already, the classics Jet Set Radio and Auto Modellista.

I would be all for giving this project its own style, the tone of the game is key of course! Because Klonoa doesn't necessairly strike most people as an urban game, but it is something to think about.  :smile2:
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

• Hero
  • Blown With The Wind
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2023, 07:48:20 pm »
Well, i'm the one who draws and does the visuals and such for the game, well, the style is, pretty much, like, trying to be an 80s and 90s JP cutesy thing, something that Door to Phantomile was, and, like, old games on their earlier designs, just look at Mega Man 1's design of the characters, and then look at Mega Man 6 or X, yeah, the characters got thinner, more refined and proportional and less cute, but the point is, everyone has to be cute, squashed, chubby and i have to get the feels of it feeling like it was done there, without really, forcing it, i have to feel it.

Something i think any Klonoa game after Door to Phantomile has forgotten, like, pretty much any game ever.  :embarassed: Most graphics will be done on real sheets instead of digitally, because it does not invoke the feeling that DtP had if it's all done digitally i think, besides, it never looks exciting, and feels like drawing without feeling anything really  :angry:, reliance on pencils for colors and shading, because i think it's a super Klonoa style that, actually a few DtP drawings had, and i love it, it fits so well!
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2023, 08:18:42 pm »
I think I get what you mean. The 80s and 90s cutsey style is fit for Klonoa and it doesn't have to go away!

Since you brought up Mega Man, I saw my friend play 11 recently and Capcom stood faithful to the style. It was indeed a bit of a strangely wholesome trend. It was also a go-to for Mario and Sonic even, the enemies for all of those games I always found hilarious mostly for their big googly eyes  :big_smile:

Good luck with traditional drawing though, that takes patience!
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

• Hero
  • Blown With The Wind
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2023, 03:34:47 pm »
Main characters' silly updates:

Nashi

Nashi now loves to write poetry that are rather lovely and cheesy, why? In her 100 years of life, she has never really had a boyfriend, no one has confessed interests to her such engagement, so she always wondered what is that all about, and certainly  was fascinated to fantasize.

Well, as well to complement on that, we always thought she would act like a "motherly" figure despite all of these characters (except for Klonoa) being siblings, trying to be more responsible and show people the "right" ways, considering she never had a descendant, a husband, such things.

She's a fortune teller to complement with all of the above, although with the fact that she tries to direct, a quirk of the character is that, well, her fortune telling would only turn out to be true if some one does not believe in it, but it does not to be true if it is believed in. Seemly wise, but she isn't really wise, but not on purpose.

Her legs are not very reliable or good of age, but her wings have been very well developed.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Nashi playing her game of cards with Klonoa.

Nashi helping Amumet learn to be a chef.

Nashi getting to sleep.

Yaminowa

He's the guy who Klonoa meets first, Yaminowa gets intrigued by the fact that somehow Klonoa has the marriage ring of his parents, Aliona and Ohanzee. (who are basicly gods, and these main characters are made out of dust after their deaths, who were blown and the dusts came together)

The most reserved, quiet and introverted character, who does not share much of his thoughts, likes to spend time being alone, his main form of expression, is art, painting, playing piano, and martial arts. Has a sense of entitlement.

Despite his age of 74, he's still is healthy and in good form, and is really good runner with good reaction speeds, but does have a reasonably good pair of wings.

Yaminowa painting.

Amumet

Now 19 years old, done so because the rest were already too old, and i wanted to have a character that is younger to be part of Klonoa's gang.

A sassy Popka, at the same time Lara Croft, a loud, unpredictable girl, who does things for the most part just for the sake of it, doing just because "i can", because "sure". And likes to fool people into something at times.

Seems to enjoy things typically enjoyed by boys, basicly, a tom-boy. Was motivated to evolve her arms and hands early on, as these types of creatures don't have all fingers or a good arm in its first 10 years of life, but she continued even tho she already managed to focuse development there and grow all fingers, so she is quite strong and packs a punch. She has no wings however. Nowadays, she is a bicycle racer, imagine Nascar, but with bicycles, she runs for that.

Amumet chosing to do "because sure, because why not?"

Amumet fooling some one who wanted "puff puff", with cymbals.

Misc.

Klonoa's new refined design

Aliona's new refined design

Ohanzee's new refined design

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 07:01:41 pm by rapappa the pepper, Reason: Updated aspects »

• Hero
  • Blown With The Wind
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2023, 07:35:16 pm »
Free Visual Novel

Before, we considered to have "visual novel" parts in the game, however, we decided to change it so it can blend in with
the action stages better, it controls just like it, i call it a "free visual novel".
This will also complement the 2.5d aspect of Klonoa, you can press up or down to interact with whatever is in the foreground or the background.

Amunet: Your help would be welcome!

I'm still unsatisfied with Amunet, but Yaminowa and Nashi i think are good to go.
As of now, you can look at the previous post to get a general idea of her, if you have ideas for Amunet, you can comment here or message us.

I'm also unsatisfied with her outfit, it changed so many times, but, never really quite felt right, so you can help with that too, as of now, it's a Poncho, and this belt tied around her chest holds it, shorts, long boots, and a pony tail on one of the sides of her hair.

Extra notes that were not mentioned before:
She has an ear on the left, like the other semi-gods (Yaminowa, Nashi) she was born with 2 ears, one day she cut one of the ears due to people finding it weird, but people found it even weirder that she ended up having an ear on her left instead of the right, which is the side an ear is at for boys, which, well, she is a girl.

North East: Land of none, but a cult.

North East is the closest place to the "sun", nobody really lives there due to how unpleasantly hot it gets at day time, it is cool at night to. However, a cult of ghosts and a ghost summoner lives there, they are fans of Iris, they say the world has too many bad people, and believe in summoning the Iris and being posessed for eliminating all evil in this world. Yaminowa once stumbled upon a ghost in his house, being told about all of this, he feels determined to gather all pieces to summon Iris.

Ghost Cultist:

Ghost Summoner - Cult leader:

The World

Has 4 main lands.
North, South, East, and West (still need names)

The creatures that resembles more Aliona are living at West, in a paradise of flowers on surface.
The creatures that resembles more Ohanzee are living at East, underground.
The sea-life is at south, a buried part of the old world is under-water, on surface it has nothing but water, but you can see the tip of a statue somewhere.
At north we are still thinking about it, your help is welcome.
There is south east, south west, north east, and north west as well, they bridge the gaps and carry the eco-system.

In the sky, orbiting around the world are left overs of the old world, before the artificial sun was created in a crater around the few remaining lands.

WIP map:

Edits were made to the previous post as well.

Sentient Moos

They are 3 sentient moos, who became mercenaries for the game's villain, they stumble upon the protagonists from time to time similar to Mega Man 3's Proto Man, a re-occuring boss. Obsessed with the presentation.

Yaminowa, just as a little bonus:

« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 11:36:35 pm by rapappa the pepper, Reason: New Images. »

Offline AGiLE-EaGLE1994

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Shameless Wiimake Enjoyer.
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2024, 09:12:32 am »
 :O That art is AMAZING! I especially love the world map! Though, do you think you'll do maps of the orbiting fragments of the old world, assuming they are playable areas or have ruins or other interesting landmarks on them?  :unsure:
Eric Stitt's voice for Klonoa is fitting, and I will die on that hill.

• Hero
  • Blown With The Wind
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2024, 10:33:49 am »
Yes i thought of it, there will be stuff in the orbiting world.