Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What got you into Klonoa in the first place  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Glazier

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Re: What got you into Klonoa in the first place
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2024, 10:54:17 am »
I was just a 5 year old kid, the father of my brother(s) would install games on my Wii, one of them was Klonoa.
... Anndddd yeah that's it really, but, why am i here? I was watching Caddicarus around 2019, 2020, 2021, he reminded me of the game's name, it was always stuck in the depths of my memory, but i never could remember the game's name, just the characteristics... And that also made me realize, the game was on Playstation originally?! :O And since then i fell in love with it, and of course, like the average Klonoa fan, i was sh*ting all over the Wii remake, even tho, nowadays, i think it doesn't deserve all the hate.  :)

I don't see the point of all the hate the Wiimake is getting...

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2024, 07:51:59 pm »
ExoParadigmGamer introduced me to this video game series through his Remake or Rebreak videos back in 2016, though even before then I saw a video about someone comparing Klonoa Playstation vs Wii. Well, I only took a glance at its thumbnail, I'm not one for just bare comparison videos without much substance, that's where Exo comes in.

At the time I thought "this weird black cat character" looked weird, almost like if someone mixed a Solatorobo character using Kingdom Hearts attire, if you get what I mean. So eventually Exo's videos informed me about the amazing prospect of Klonoa and the missing potential of this overlooked franchise!

I learned about this forum through his videos too, it's only recently that I've decided to join it  ;)
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline Glazier

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2024, 09:29:49 am »
i remember seeing klonoa in the heaven part of that one sonic death bed video, but i didnt know much about him

it was only a few years later, in july of 2024 when a guy introduced me to the series. When i first saw lv's gameplay, i was confused why the characters didnt speak english, at first i thought it was japanese. Then, i downloaded the first game, and i liked it.

And of course, i remember calling the wiimake design cursed.  :big_smile:
I dont hate it now.