Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What's your audio gear?  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
What's your audio gear?
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:35 pm »
Hey!

Since there's a thread for posting music you listen to, I was wondering what sort of equipment are you usually listening on?

I usually listen on my recently bought AKG K550 headphones (upgraded from Creative Aurvana Live's) pluged into my asus Xonar D1 audio card (huge improvement over my Realtek onboard). I listen using a free program called uLilith in Asio direct mode, it basically bypasses Windows shi**y mixer which is known for lowering the audio quality, letting you listen directly through your soundcard. It also means that you won't be able to hear any other system sounds while listening.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: What's your audio gear?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 01:38:27 pm »
Audiophile I take it? :P

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 02:02:46 pm »
I avoid using this term to describe myself. The meaning of this word has deranged, because of morons spending thousands of dollars on audio cables, magic mats under your music players, or CD markers that suppose to magically improve quality. *sights* I call myself an audio geek.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:10:24 pm »
Some sony stereo  a decent pair of sony headphones and not that crap you stick in your ears either xD. I'm stuck with realtek audio util I free up my pcie 1x slot somehow :c

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 05:58:32 pm »
Hah, glad to see someone who cares about audio quality. When I see someone listening to music on laptop speakers it usually annoys me.

Also from what I remember when I still used my realtek, I used that program called Asio4all which allowed you to use direct asio mode, it improved the quality. Though bare in mind that it may take some time to get that thing to work.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 07:11:52 pm »
Although I'm not really an audiophile, I have a pair of Cool Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headphones.

They work great for all of the gaming that I do.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 01:54:15 pm »
I got a decent setup for my rig, and my speakers are okayish. As far as headphones, I had these puppies for a while and I love them (yes it's my netbook in the pic as well)

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 05:17:55 am »
All I have in my "audio gear" is these beautiful sony earphones, they came with my phone and the audio quality is amazing. They can be extremely loud too, letting me use them as speakers by putting them in a glass :P

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 05:37:50 am »
^ I guess I'm not easily pleased when it comes to audio quality, because I would never call any earbuds amazing. Well, I'm only talking about earbuds like those on the picture, not the one that you insert deeper into your ear. They always lacked low frequencies, and I've tried a lot of them in my life.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 05:42:35 am »
^ I guess I'm not easily pleased when it comes to audio quality, because I would never call any earbuds amazing. Well, I'm only talking about earbuds like those on the picture, not the one that you insert deeper into your ear. They always lacked low frequencies, and I've tried a lot of them in my life.
Believe it or not, these have good low frequencies, the best earphones I've ever owned right now. They even beat all the headphones I own. The audio is extremely clean too. I hope sony still sells these if they break, I hate the in ear type and headphones don't feel very good on my ears