There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: ShipToShore Phono Co confirms Klonoa 2 vinyl release  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
ShipToShore Phono Co confirms Klonoa 2 vinyl release
« on: February 08, 2021, 12:28:30 pm »
Someone asked Ship To Shore about Klonoa 1’s vinyl getting a reprint and they said “yes, which put Klonoa 2 release. Keep in mind, they teased the second game getting a vinyl earlier this year.
https://twitter.com/STSPhonoCo/status/1358589176799760385
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
Re: ShipToShore Phono Co confirms Klonoa 2 vinyl release
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 03:51:52 pm »
I'd really feel bad for them if Klonoa Encore was successful and spawned its own vinyl, probably with a remastered ost. I hope they don't do that, though. For Crash, all that was really necessary was to use more modern samples, but Spyro completely remixed it, which I don't really think is necessary. Some of the Reignited music is fantastic in it's own right, but outside of a specific boss theme which's name I can't recall, it doesn't actively improve on the mood of the game. Music is ever-so subjective though, and I'm not exactly well-versed in the industry.

Anywaaaaays, the Klonoa Wiimake pretty much just used the original soundtrack expect without the inherit compression of PS1's .XA format, and the result was pretty much just "the original's but better", and that's all we really should have. I wouldn't be opposed to some new artists putting their own spin on the OG soundtrack, but, unlike pretty much every remake ever, IT SHOULD NOT BE THE DEFAULT.

Whenever people bring up the topic of remakes, the answer to every problem seems to be to "include the original as an option," but this has never jelled with me. When someone sees OLD GAME as an option, it is very unlikely that a new player, or even someone who played Klonoa around release, to select it. And with a series that's not necessarily popular, most outsiders are going to decide to go out of their way to by a version of an old game that they know nothing about for old hardware (in Klonoa's case, the newest releases are on Wii U and PlayStation 3) when a shiny new version with sUpEr gRaPhIcS is available on modern platforms, ESPECIALLY on Switch. It baffles me that people don't see anything wrong with Capcom releasing Devil May Cry 2 in 2019 (or 2020, can't remember) on Nintendo Switch for $20 on its own. What baffles me even more is that they CONTINUE TO PURCHASE THIS STUFF!

HylianBran should really stop complaining about this pedantic crap that nobody cares about. Wait, seriously, how did I get here? I went from vinyl discussion to remake crapping. I should really start making my own threads for this kinda stuff. Oh whatever. Sorry, I'll try to avoid discussion like this in places that it REALLY doesn't belong. It's just that complaining about wahoo jumpy games that nobody cares about just comes naturally.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 03:13:50 am »
ooooo Klonoa 2 had some good soundtracks I hope it gets a Vinyl. :o

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 04:35:33 pm »
And we got ourselves a teaser image already! I'm so hyped.  :big_smile:

https://twitter.com/STSPhonoCo/status/1359978441836216322

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 04:00:23 pm »

In a Reddit AMA today, Ship to Shore PhonoCo. revealed their Klonoa 2 vinyl soundtrack will be up for pre-order April 27th, 2021 at 2PM EST.
A repress of the Klonoa: Door to Phantomile soundtrack as well as cassette versions for both Door to Phantomile and Lunatea’s Veil will also go up on the same day.

Mark your calendars!  :big_smile:

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 05:54:41 pm »

It's almost here!!  :D

Don’t forget, if you missed out on the Door to Phantomile LP, there will be more copies available tomorrow as well as a cassette version.
For those in the UK, chipfreq.com will be stocking the Lunatea’s Veil LP as well as Canadian-based company Very Ok Vinyl.
https://www.vinylguru.co.uk/collections/chipfreq
https://www.veryokvinyl.com/

Offline SuperKlonoa64

• demonic snorlax
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 02:05:51 pm »
Preorders are now live! I already grabbed my copy.  :D
Note to self: Attend site more often.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 06:05:57 pm »
People have started receiving their copies after a small delay and I just got mine today.

Beautiful.  ;D