There is a new Klonoa Fan Magazine out. Come see here. https://forums.untamedheart.us/?page=zine

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Who exactly is Claire? (Klonoa Dream Crusaders)  (Read 1651 times)

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
Who exactly is Claire? (Klonoa Dream Crusaders)
« on: June 16, 2020, 07:54:13 pm »
Klonoa Dream Crusaders is undoubtedly one of the best things to come out of this franchise in years, and one of the things I'm most curious about is the return/introduction of Claire.

To those who don't know, this character was originally introduced in Klonoa 2, where she was described as the goddess of Lunatea. In that game, it was said that she had been "purged of all evil" and that Klonoa resembles her and that was about it, we didn't get much information about Claire in that game. :(

In Dream Crusaders, on the other hand, even though Claire, up until this point, hasn't appeared much, we already have a lot of information about her and have even gotten a glimpse of her personality.

And here is where things get interesting (and where we jump into spoiler territory for Dream Crusaders). After Master Hue drains all of the power from the Noctis Sol, it worries that it will no longer be able to seal an ancient evil. This ancient evil is revealed a few pages later to be, you guessed it, Claire the Ancient, the goddess herself, who, according to Noctis Sol, is the purest form of evil. :O

And this is the reveal that raised a lot of questions and that's why I want to ask what you guys think are the answers to them. Claire will clearly play the role of an antagonist in the next chapters, but if she is truly the "Scourge of Lunatea", then why is she adored as a Goddess by the people of that world? Also, what exactly is her: a dream traveler or simply another inhabitant of Lunatea who was worshiped as a goddess? And what are her intentions? (she is clearly opposing Master Hue, which means she has goals of her own) :unsure:

P.S. I know all of these will be answered in time in the comic, but still, I would like to see you guys come up with your own predictions.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:42:49 am by RicAlbuquerque »
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man

Offline Ghalidus (Gali +Ghadius)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • I've quite the big wide bottom. How embarrassing.
Re: Who exactly is Claire? (Klonoa Dream Crusaders)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 07:52:37 pm »
I remember it being mentioned she became a Priestesses after she purged her evil.
Do or don't; there's no try.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 09:12:55 pm »
 :unsure: Hey, didn't we pass one of these statues earlier?

Popka: This is a current statue of the Goddess Claire.

:| : Oh. Then what was the other one?

Popka: That was Claire the Ancient. They say that's all that remained after she was purged of all evil.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 11:43:32 am »
:unsure: Hey, didn't we pass one of these statues earlier?

Popka: This is a current statue of the Goddess Claire.

:| : Oh. Then what was the other one?

Popka: That was Claire the Ancient. They say that's all that remained after she was purged of all evil.

So you're saying Claire The Ancient is the embodiment of the evil Goddess Claire was purged of?

Offline Ghalidus (Gali +Ghadius)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • I've quite the big wide bottom. How embarrassing.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 12:25:55 pm »
So you're saying Claire The Ancient is the embodiment of the evil Goddess Claire was purged of?
That's how I saw it; evil incarnate.
Do or don't; there's no try.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 09:35:34 pm »
I think you're getting the opposite of the intended message.

That except of dialogue is Popka explaining that the CtA statue is Claire in her purest form when the evil was purged from her.

So there might be a Yin Claire and a Yang Claire.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 12:08:31 pm »
Well, from what I'm getting it seems like Claire the Ancient is either the embodiment of evil or Claire while not purged from evil.