Vincentmrl's Mac can make origami out of hamburga french fry. Don't ask how.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What's up with the laughing in Lunatea's Veil?  (Read 1600 times)

Offline cowouch

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • ok convincing argument but was popka even real?
What's up with the laughing in Lunatea's Veil?
« on: April 15, 2020, 02:01:39 am »
I apologize if this has already been discussed and I've just failed to realize, but what is up with the clips of laughing that play throughout the game? I don't remember if there are any more but specific times but i remember hearing laughing around this part in the maze of memories level, (attached file because I'm not great at using this website) and in the song mirage from the level the forgotten path
Link to said song
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b71mUed3WHo

If anyone knows if there's anything to this, or if it's just some off thing, or I'm just being crazy please tell me because i would like to know :sick:

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: What's up with the laughing in Lunatea's Veil?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 03:05:33 pm »
The music heard throughout Hyuponia seems to take a lot from Door to Phantomile and certain events from the same game. I'm guessing the laughing there reflects Klonoa & Huepow when they're frolicking in the beginning cutscene.

I don't remember laughter in Maze of Memories but it could be either the same thing or foreshadowing to what Lolo witnesses in the mirror soon after that.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 06:10:05 pm »
I don't remember laughter in Maze of Memories but it could be either the same thing or foreshadowing to what Lolo witnesses in the mirror soon after that.

There is laughter in Maze of Memories. It's just a couple rooms before the end I think and it's kind of faint and echoey.

The same laughter I believe can be heard in The Forgotten Path.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline cowouch

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • ok convincing argument but was popka even real?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 08:55:31 pm »
yeah i guess that would make sense since for both cases, and for at least the mirage song it's seemingly that mentioned clip from DtP slowed down. Thanks for that, i was always confused about that thinking maybe it was foreshadowing some sort of scrapped enemy or boss or something, but it makes sense to be a reused clip for theming purposes.

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 10:38:04 pm »
It is found a few times throughout the level, but most of it is near the end. I just replayed the stage to check.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 04:56:07 pm »
I recently posted a theory on the forum discussing the possibility of the plot's true meaning being about Klonoa trying to forget the sorrow caused by the events in the ending of Door to Phantomile. In this view, it would make sense that Forgotten Path references Hewpoe and Klonoa playing together since that level represents the sorrow that has been ignored by Lunatea and that event is exactly what Klonoa is trying to forget (since it reminds him that he won't be able to see Hewpoe ever again).
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man