In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Anyone ran the game successfully.on a PS3?  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Kei_22

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Anyone ran the game successfully.on a PS3?
« on: April 02, 2020, 12:46:51 am »
Hi guys!! Nice to meet you all!. Have been a fan of this game since i was a kiddo!. I still keep my original ps2 disc, sadly can't directly play it nowadays. BUT...I found a way  :D

After successfully jailbreaking my ps3 I'm finally playing this game again!!.

My main issue is that the ring and capture sounds along other small ones are missing...

But I'm also afraid of playing it because i know that on Ark Revisited it freezes up...

So I'm here in hopes on finding if someone managed to get around this and actually ran the game smoothly on a ps3.

Thanks in advance!!  ;)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Anyone ran the game successfully.on a PS3?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:57:47 am »

Sounds like my old ps3 CECHE01 But this is full software emulation on a jailbroken one for your case :( Which has not done any better one either of my ps3s.

Short answer is no but sometimes you can get lucky with the ark elevator and it will work or maybe can get it to glitch back up. I've also had the elevator get stuck in a constantly moving state but 90% of the time my old and current ps3 will freeze.

My jailbroken slim ps3 straight up shuts off when I touch ishras ark elevator btw  x_x on disc or image file.

If you can get past Ishra's ark then you will get stuck at the first switch on maze of memories :( I don't know how to glitch by that yet. You are better off importing a game save and skipping those 2 visions. If I am not mistaken Ark revisited has the same crap.

There are some early ps3 with true hardware compatibility with ps2 games and those do correctly work with Klonoa 2.. those are models CECHA00 CECHB00 CECHA01 CECHB01. A00 B00 are early japanese ps3s and A01 B01 are US. They usually run $200 or more a lot of times.

Sorry I don't have much good news but that is my experience so far

Offline Kei_22

• Wind
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 12:29:34 pm »
 :O Well at least there us some way around it with the save files. Where can i get them?.

If i can at least play most of the game and skip some scenes, I'm fine with that honestly.... :sad_face:

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 04:10:23 pm »
This is why I hope progress with PS2 emulation will make the game fully playable one day

Offline Cello2WC

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • 4 'd NOpé'r'd 't n)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 04:35:55 pm »
If you can get past Ishra's ark then you will get stuck at the first switch on maze of memories

I'm not sure what model it was but I remember playing LV on a PS3 and getting past both freezes. For the Ark I used Popka and a double jump to get on top of the elevator without lowering it (I think I also had to make sure the Boomie fell into the pit), and for MM I remember somehow avoiding the freeze by putting the Boomie as far to the left as I could and pushing up against the block that would change, so that the explosion happened off-screen. Then I skipped most of the other puzzles using Popka cause I was scared that if I tried to solve them the game would freeze again.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 09:28:11 am »
Might be that the boomies are the main cause of the ps3's freeze. also this person explains how to import klonoa 2 saves. I also attached my ps2 saves I use on pcsx2 for Klonoa 2. Though I had a vm2 file in there also. might be an older set of saves but likely I stuck it on my ps3.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/comments/81f7wx/need_help_transferring_pcsx2_ps2_save_data_to_ps3/

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 11:37:35 am »
A few years ago I saw a video of Lunatea's Veil on PS3, but I don't know the source anymore, nor do I know if it was the whole game. It only went from the opening to Volk.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 07:06:09 am »
My main issue is that the ring and capture sounds along other small ones are missing...

But I'm also afraid of playing it because i know that on Ark Revisited it freezes up...
I had the exact same issue on a launch PS3, which was officially compatible with PS2 games. I couldn't beat the game because of it.

I just got an old PS2 to play on instead.

Offline Kei_22

• Wind
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 04:15:44 pm »
 :O All the replies!  :D

Omg I'm actually having a serious problem importing a save file!! I'll see if i can get it to work with any of those in the reddit posts!!

I'll update you guys. I'm currently on volk city in my save. I do have my original one from back in 2009 in the PlayStation but no idea how i would go about accessing it.

Offline Ntemis

• Wind
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 05:27:10 pm »
Hey guys i have the CECHA01 that supposed to be 100% compatible but games freezes in  Ishras Ark stage when i try to hit the yellow diamond with a up and down arrow.
Any help please as these models said to be flowless on PS2 compatibility.