In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa DtP Sound Effects  (Read 3542 times)

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
Klonoa DtP Sound Effects
« on: March 07, 2020, 07:43:07 pm »
I bought an original physical copy of the Klonoa DtP soundtrack. Loving it, by the way!  :D

But something about the second disc (soundtrack is split between two discs) struck me as odd.

Disc B not only contains the second half of the soundtrack, but also contains a few bonus tracks.

A prototype version of Vision 3-2's theme (which based on the sound of it sounds like the Forlock Granny's Fortress) and a demo prototype that of which I don't know the origin.

But the track that caught my attention the most was Track 36. A track containing several uncompressed sound effects from the game!

I took the track, split it into individual files, and organized them.

If anyone is interested, here are the sound effects
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:20:42 pm by KlonoaFan21 »
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Cello2WC

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • 4 'd NOpé'r'd 't n)
Re: Klonoa DtP Sound Effects
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 12:05:06 pm »
I'm very much interested in this, but it seems like the .7z you linked is broken.
"There was a problem while reading the contents of "KlonoaDtpSounds.7z": The archive file is incomplete"
I tried to fix it by hand, but from what I can tell the file is missing some 49,162 bytes.
Am I doing something wrong? Could you try compressing it again? x_x

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 11:20:23 pm »
Sorry about that! :sad_face:

New link in original post.

"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Cello2WC

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • 4 'd NOpé'r'd 't n)
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 12:14:06 am »
Ooh! I'm liking these clean Huepow clips!
Also, I've been doing some Moonlight Museum-related stuff recently, and I'm noticing that some of these Klonoa clips are the same ones that were compressed even further for MM, (which I guess shouldn't be surprising since it came right after DtP) but something I found really interesting is that MM used the double-jump Wahoo sound ("Wahoo 2") at what seems to be the original recorded pitch (as in, it matches the pitch in these files), while DtP apparently sped it up a little.
Also, do you know where "Wahoo 1" is used in the game, if at all? I remember finding a similar-but-not-identical-sounding sad Wahoo noise in MM and having no idea where it came from. Now I'm starting to wonder if all of the games have unused sad Wahoo noises or if I'm just bad at remembering things.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 10:22:23 am »
ahh nice thank you for these sound clips :D

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 09:59:07 am »
I was looking for the origins of these sound effects once (Since they seems to be mostly stock sound effects), while these sound effects included in the CD does have a higher quality than the in-game bit-crushed ones and are a considerable improvement, these are probably not the highest quality, it still can be quite noticable that these are also compressed.
I already found the source of the Enemy popping sound, and compared to this CD, it is crystal clear.

But these will do.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/