Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: New Heroes/Moonlight Museum Eng hacks  (Read 2413 times)

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
New Heroes/Moonlight Museum Eng hacks
« on: February 08, 2020, 08:26:36 pm »
A promising new foray into getting Klonoa Heroes and Moonlight Museum fully translated into English seems to be happening. It's being done by Raccoon Sam (https://twitter.com/vervalkon) who also just figured out how to rip sprites from Door to Phantomile. (https://www.spriters-resource.com/playstation/klonoadoortophantomile/)

He's created English logos for both games and also has figured out how to extract the script from Heroes.

I look forward to seeing what happens next. It's looking promising and he seems to know what to do.
I know this isn't a thread entirely about Heroes so if you feel it should be moved elsewhere then go ahead.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: New Heroes/Moonlight Museum Eng hacks
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 03:05:44 pm »
This has my attention ! :O

I hope to see something out of this :V It would also give me an excuse to play through Klonoa Heroes again :D

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 05:39:13 pm »
Are you serious? Looks like the English patch for Heroes has finally picked back up!

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 06:31:26 pm »
Actually, this could be a new one entirely.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 01:00:44 pm »
Copied from @ Blog:
The hack has reached a point where “all data locations have now been pinpointed and are ready to be replaced with english graphics“, as well as everything regarding the games sound and dialogue. If you’re very familiar with the game/series, know Japanese or someone who knows Japanese, your help is needed for the project. A rough script, presumably the ones that have been floating around the internet for years now, is being used to work with but things remain untranslated (like all the dialogue when speaking with villagers).

Please DM @vervalkon​ on twitter to assist with completing this rom hack.

With all the map layouts, dialogue, and graphics ready to go I am crossing my fingers hard that this hack is completed. I feel like this is the make it or break it moment here.

Offline vervalkon

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • i love you
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 04:12:15 pm »
i just got an e-mail that someone mentioned me here lol

So uh I guess it's time to introduce myself and elaborate on what's going on right now. Long story short, I owned Door to Phantomile as a kid and loved it. Years later I started doing stuff in the ROM hacking scene, (especially the translation niche) and released my first legit translation in late 2017.

After that I wanted to try something easier so I looked into Moonlight Museum and thought it would be a fun translation project. Started working on it, found the KMC Discord and suddenly got a huge rush of inspiration regarding Klonoa stuff. So here we are now. Maybe biting off more than I can chew but right now I'm working on:
• Moonlight Museum translation (99% done, just gotta figure out a few things)
• Klonoa DtP asset rips (Klonoa sprites done, haven't done much else besides cracked the compression. really want the other sprites and models. doable.)
• Klonoa 2 stuff (preliminary work on a music replacer tool is done, not much else yet. wanna extract assets too, shouldn't be too hard)
• Heroes stuff (I found the level data and it looks super easy, so map rips are definitely doable)
• Heroes translation (see below)

So yeah - I'm putting 100% of my focus to the Heroes translation now. I don't know any Japanese though, so that's why I asked for help in Twitter. Glad to have found you guys too. If you want to help, the best way is to tip me off to someone who knows Japanese well (and preferably has played the game, so they understand context clues) but I guess beta testers are also needed at one point.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

if you got any questions and need instant answers, drop me a line at Discord (vervalkon#5908) or Twitter (@vervalkon) or just continue in this thread (which i'll be checking periodically)

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 05:19:34 pm »
Fantastic to hear what you've got going here.
After years and years of things just not working out or complete silence, this is an immense joy to hear.
Shame I don't know anybody proficient in Japanese but I will help spread the word as much as I can on twitter and Klonoa @ Blog https://klonoa-at-blog.tumblr.com/, which is the Klonoa resource I've been building up for years on tumblr. :D

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 12:00:16 pm »
i just got an e-mail that someone mentioned me here lol

So uh I guess it's time to introduce myself and elaborate on what's going on right now. Long story short, I owned Door to Phantomile as a kid and loved it. Years later I started doing stuff in the ROM hacking scene, (especially the translation niche) and released my first legit translation in late 2017.

After that I wanted to try something easier so I looked into Moonlight Museum and thought it would be a fun translation project. Started working on it, found the KMC Discord and suddenly got a huge rush of inspiration regarding Klonoa stuff. So here we are now. Maybe biting off more than I can chew but right now I'm working on:
• Moonlight Museum translation (99% done, just gotta figure out a few things)
• Klonoa DtP asset rips (Klonoa sprites done, haven't done much else besides cracked the compression. really want the other sprites and models. doable.)
• Klonoa 2 stuff (preliminary work on a music replacer tool is done, not much else yet. wanna extract assets too, shouldn't be too hard)
• Heroes stuff (I found the level data and it looks super easy, so map rips are definitely doable)
• Heroes translation (see below)

So yeah - I'm putting 100% of my focus to the Heroes translation now. I don't know any Japanese though, so that's why I asked for help in Twitter. Glad to have found you guys too. If you want to help, the best way is to tip me off to someone who knows Japanese well (and preferably has played the game, so they understand context clues) but I guess beta testers are also needed at one point.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

if you got any questions and need instant answers, drop me a line at Discord (vervalkon#5908) or Twitter (@vervalkon) or just continue in this thread (which i'll be checking periodically)

Awesome! I wish you much luck in your endeavors!