i just got an e-mail that someone mentioned me here lol
So uh I guess it's time to introduce myself and elaborate on what's going on right now. Long story short, I owned Door to Phantomile as a kid and loved it. Years later I started doing stuff in the ROM hacking scene, (especially the translation niche) and released my first legit translation
in late 2017.
After that I wanted to try something easier so I looked into Moonlight Museum and thought it would be a fun translation project. Started working on it, found the KMC Discord and suddenly got a huge rush of inspiration regarding Klonoa stuff. So here we are now. Maybe biting off more than I can chew but right now I'm working on:
• Moonlight Museum translation (99% done, just gotta figure out a few things)
• Klonoa DtP asset rips (Klonoa sprites done, haven't done much else besides cracked the compression. really want the other sprites and models. doable.)
• Klonoa 2 stuff (preliminary work on a music replacer tool is done, not much else yet. wanna extract assets too, shouldn't be too hard)
• Heroes stuff (I found the level data and it looks super easy, so map rips are definitely doable)
• Heroes translation (see below)
So yeah - I'm putting 100% of my focus to the Heroes translation now. I don't know any Japanese though, so that's why I asked for help in Twitter. Glad to have found you guys too. If you want to help, the best way is to tip me off to someone who knows Japanese well (and preferably has played the game, so they understand context clues) but I guess beta testers are also needed at one point.
if you got any questions and need instant answers, drop me a line at Discord (vervalkon#5908) or Twitter (@vervalkon
) or just continue in this thread (which i'll be checking periodically)