Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: anyone know what font is used here? or have a high res image?  (Read 828 times)

Offline whipperwhipandwizkid

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • on like hot butter on the top the pop corn yall
anyone know what font is used here? or have a high res image?
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:48:15 pm »
im trying to make a sticker that uses this snippet, but i cant find a high res version of this image and the font identifiers cant find anything. i have had trouble with tracing this one so im wondering if any of you lovely folks have any help

Offline Cello2WC

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • 4 'd NOpĂ©'r'd 't n)
Re: anyone know what font is used here? or have a high res image?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 11:08:31 am »
Ok so I also wasn't able to find the font but I have some extra information that might be helpful. I ripped some assets from DtP a while ago, including the cutscenes. I can tell that the text isn't part of the video file, but is rendered in realtime on top of it. This might mean that there's actually a whole font for this stored somewhere in the game data. The bad news is that it would be stored at the resolution that you already see it at, so that won't let us get a higher res version unless there are some extra characters that aren't visible that would help with identifying it (There's also the possibility that the whole message is stored as a single image, which wouldn't help us much except maybe for being a little less blurry... either way, neither a font nor the whole message shows up in my rips).

I seem to recall some similar looking cursive showing up in Moonlight Museum, but that's gonna be way low res considering it's on the WonderSwan.
Normally I would say that if you want something from DtP but in a higher res, the WiiMake is a good place to look; for some reason, though, that message is completely omitted from the WiiMake's credits... I can't think of any other place in either DtP or the WiiMake where that font is used, but if anyone else knows, more characters to base things on would be helpful. (I already looked at the intro cutscene, that uses a non-handwriting font).

I tried to clean up the image to make it easier for those automated font identifiers to use. I was able to find a sort of similar font with the automated sites called "Datho Ostma," but it has a few issues. First, it costs like $15. Second, its from 2018, so it's definitely not the actual font they used. Third, the lowercase 'f' looks completely different. I'll upload my edited version in case anyone else wants to try with it.

Offline whipperwhipandwizkid

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • on like hot butter on the top the pop corn yall
Re: anyone know what font is used here? or have a high res image?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:24:43 pm »
yeah the first place i looked was the dtp remake, but as you said, it wasnt there. Though the cleaned up one you made def works better, and ill only have to do a few adjustments to get it proper.
If you want a sticker, ill send you one for free for the help since the font i was gonna settle with looked much worse
thank you  :)