There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Official wallpaper, 1366 × 768 edit  (Read 2134 times)

Offline avarbiv

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • trapped in a bubble
Official wallpaper, 1366 × 768 edit
« on: December 10, 2019, 09:00:32 pm »
Hello, everybody!

I wanted to use this wallpaper for quite a while, but I didn’t want to use it letterboxed. I had the idea to resize it to my screen size and tile the background over the letterbox, and so I did. Since it worked so well, I’m posting it here in case anybody wants it.

The wallpaper was edited to fill a 1366 × 768 screen. Despite it being a PNG file, the original was a JPG, so naturally there are artifacts everywhere. In case it’s necessary to say, it belongs to Bandai Namco, I own nothing etc etc…

That’s it! Happy new decade y’all. Here’s to a future with more Klonoa…

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Re: Official wallpaper, 1366 × 768 edit
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:19:22 pm »
Nice job! I wonder if it's possible to do this with the other wallpapers?

Offline avarbiv

• Wind
  • trapped in a bubble
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 11:52:05 am »
Nice job! I wonder if it's possible to do this with the other wallpapers?

Thanks! :) I’d say that it depends. The ones with a white background whose illustration isn’t clipped on the edges, such as these three here, can be used as-is centered with white letterboxing; the ones whose illustration is clipped would require either to draw the missing parts, e.g. these two, or pasting over from a high-res PNG of the used asset if such file publicly exists, e.g. these two. The ones that are fullscreen renders of cutscenes, namely these three, might be doable via screencapping if Klonoa Encore turns out to be an HD rerelease of DtP. The only other one which doesn’t seem to require artistic work is this one, which can be achieved by copying the background over like I did with the one I posted. Since that’s literally the only other one that doesn’t require that much work, I did it for this reply. the zigzag pattern that I had to fill in doesn’t have artifacts, as I couldn’t replicate whatever JPEG compression Namco used, but that’s barely noticeable when viewed in 100%.

(I must say, this was way more troublesome than I first thought… I didn’t notice at first, but this wallpaper’s background is ever-so-slightly striped with very close tints of orange. :|)

If I had the artistic capabilities, you can be sure I would be doing as many of these as I could, but unfortunately I can barely draw a straight line…

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 12:19:46 pm »
Good work on making these better!

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 01:23:11 pm »
Nice!
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 05:26:25 pm »
Ah nice :o. Thank you for making these. I wonder if they can be upscaled safely also. hmm.

Offline avarbiv

• Wind
  • trapped in a bubble
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »
Thanks for all the positive reception! :)

Ah nice :o. Thank you for making these. I wonder if they can be upscaled safely also. hmm.

I ran the first one through waifu2x and it held up quite nicely. The only part that suffered a little was the copyright notice, but that can be rewritten, as they seem to have used Futura Gothic.