The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons  (Read 141 times)

Online Windbullet

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
    • YouTube
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« on: June 14, 2019, 06:26:33 PM »
The long-awaited 5th mainline installment is finally unveiled and is coming on March 20th, 2020, after a delay from 2019.

This time, you are now on a deserted island and you get to build the community the way you want it. You can even decide where the animals live.

More gameplay here:

Known as Operationgamer17 on the Klonoa wiki.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL50XoxBP5xnZ8uI4A
My Deviantart: http://operationgamer17.deviantart.com/
Known as Gameguy17 on Miiverse.
Discord: Operationgamer17/Windbullet #6860.

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Fandom’s Heretic
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:29:24 PM »
Really mixed on the new direction it’s taking the franchise but at the same time I’m interested and optimistic. I just hope they don’t add lootboxes or any stupid crap like Pocket Camp did.

Offline IsmaDLR

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 02:59:36 PM »
Really mixed on the new direction it’s taking the franchise but at the same time I’m interested and optimistic. I just hope they don’t add lootboxes or any stupid crap like Pocket Camp did.

But New Horizons isn't Pocket Camp.

Pocket Camp is free to start, but you can pay to buy new things.

The rest of Animal Crossing games, you pay for the game, and you pay everything ingame with the ingame currency.

As far as the trailer showed, the gimmick of New Horizons is that you need to make a town from a deserted island. It looks neat, but who knows if it's a good step forward compared to what New Leaf brought to the table.

Offline Carrudra

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 26
  • Your local Klomaniac
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:35:37 PM »
But New Horizons isn't Pocket Camp.

Pocket Camp is free to start, but you can pay to buy new things.

The rest of Animal Crossing games, you pay for the game, and you pay everything ingame with the ingame currency.

As far as the trailer showed, the gimmick of New Horizons is that you need to make a town from a deserted island. It looks neat, but who knows if it's a good step forward compared to what New Leaf brought to the table.

Being a big fan of town decor myself and especially seeing how town editing (practically "cheating") was such a huge thing for other players during New Leaf, this is definitely a huge step forward. Usually replacing the director would be iffy for most things but who they have now has seen what people have done and want for their next village. Making your own personalized land from a completely blank canvas is looking genius so far, and a huge plus is that shops aren't there to hog space and you can redirect new villagers to wherever you please.

Though of course material gathering may prove to be a bit of a burden if you want something very specific. Let's hope it doesn't become a Monster Hunter farming situation :bad_straight_face:

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 57
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 11:06:20 AM »
It seems solid in my book. Of course, some people aren't happy dog waifu doesn't seem to be in the game but who knows? I can't wait to spend lots of time playing AC again

Online Windbullet

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 11:39:19 AM »
Isabelle has been confirmed for the game, but you have to earn her.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-yes-e3-2019
Known as Operationgamer17 on the Klonoa wiki.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL50XoxBP5xnZ8uI4A
My Deviantart: http://operationgamer17.deviantart.com/
Known as Gameguy17 on Miiverse.
Discord: Operationgamer17/Windbullet #6860.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 57
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
Isabelle has been confirmed for the game, but you have to earn her.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-yes-e3-2019

Oh yeah? That's great to hear! I just wish I could pick and choose what villagers I want on the island.

Offline DriftStar

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
Some more bullet notes on new things in Animal Crossing: New Horizon :
- Resetti has been laid off. The game features an automatic save feature, making Resetti lose his job as you literally cannot quit without saving anymore. However it's been hinted that he may appear regardless in some other form.
- Cloud saves are not supported, and time travel will no longer be possible.
- New hairstyles and clothes are confirmed: Dresses will have different shapes and animals will be able to wear dresses and longer clothes as well. New hairstyles can be seen in the trailer, and have a jiggle-system as well as a shader to make it look shiny.
- All furniture and clothing has been fundamentally overhauled. A new, heart-themed set of furniture can be seen in Fauna's tent/house.
- Animals start out in a tent, just like you do and you can see them craft their own living.
- You can place furniture anywhere inside and outside of your house, and basically along your whole island.
- Up to 8 people can live in your town, and 4 can play at once. Online is supported, with up to 7 people visiting at once (making it 8 with you).
- You can see the clouds pass by above you, and the wind has become an actual feature. Besides the usual weather it may storm or there may be a light breeze.
- The animals have gotten a graphic overhaul as well. Their heads now tilt to look at things and their eyes can move as well. This goes for all animals.
- You can visit another area via a plane. The plane can be seen at the bottom of the map, but nothing other than a wing has been seen yet.
- The game will feature little to no compartibility with Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, but there may be minor collaborations between the two.
- Fishes, bugs and presumably other museum articles look more realistic. The museum itself has not been confirmed yet.
- Animals will dress lightly in the summer and will put on warmer clothes such as sweaters in winter.
- This is the first Animal Crossing where you can pick your hemisphere, meaning that you can have your actual seasons in-game.
- You have a cellphone. With it, you can call in another player simultaneously, make minor goals for doing certain tasks, and other things.
- You can pick your own skin color. (In its predecessor (New Leaf) you had to stand in the sun and become tan, which would eventually wear off.)
- You can dig up and pick up entire trees, and pluck flowers without taking the entire batch. (They grow back.)

There's more but these are the most interesting to me at this point in time.