Some more bullet notes on new things in Animal Crossing: New Horizon :
- Resetti has been laid off. The game features an automatic save feature, making Resetti lose his job as you literally cannot quit without saving anymore. However it's been hinted that he may appear regardless in some other form.
- Cloud saves are not supported, and time travel will no longer be possible.
- New hairstyles and clothes are confirmed: Dresses will have different shapes and animals will be able to wear dresses and longer clothes as well. New hairstyles can be seen in the trailer, and have a jiggle-system as well as a shader to make it look shiny.
- All furniture and clothing has been fundamentally overhauled. A new, heart-themed set of furniture can be seen in Fauna's tent/house.
- Animals start out in a tent, just like you do and you can see them craft their own living.
- You can place furniture anywhere inside and outside of your house, and basically along your whole island.
- Up to 8 people can live in your town, and 4 can play at once. Online is supported, with up to 7 people visiting at once (making it 8 with you).
- You can see the clouds pass by above you, and the wind has become an actual feature. Besides the usual weather it may storm or there may be a light breeze.
- The animals have gotten a graphic overhaul as well. Their heads now tilt to look at things and their eyes can move as well. This goes for all animals.
- You can visit another area via a plane. The plane can be seen at the bottom of the map, but nothing other than a wing has been seen yet.
- The game will feature little to no compartibility with Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, but there may be minor collaborations between the two.
- Fishes, bugs and presumably other museum articles look more realistic. The museum itself has not been confirmed yet.
- Animals will dress lightly in the summer and will put on warmer clothes such as sweaters in winter.
- This is the first Animal Crossing where you can pick your hemisphere, meaning that you can have your actual seasons in-game.
- You have a cellphone. With it, you can call in another player simultaneously, make minor goals for doing certain tasks, and other things.
- You can pick your own skin color. (In its predecessor (New Leaf) you had to stand in the sun and become tan, which would eventually wear off.)
- You can dig up and pick up entire trees, and pluck flowers without taking the entire batch. (They grow back.)
There's more but these are the most interesting to me at this point in time.