You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Let's talk about Ponies  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
Let's talk about Ponies
« on: April 04, 2019, 05:33:26 pm »
Im a Brony, Is anyone else a Brony? if so who is your fav pony and what is your fav episode

My fav pony is Derpy Hooves
My fav episode is Best Gift Ever

Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Starberry

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Re: Let's talk about Ponies
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 09:50:59 pm »
fav pony: Fluttershy

fav episode: Simple Ways

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 07:52:08 am »
Let's talk about Klonoa
It a me

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 07:54:48 am »
Klonoa best airplane

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 08:20:01 am »
@Starberry i forgot what is "Simple Ways" about

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 11:57:01 am »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

;)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 02:31:16 pm »
@Starberry i forgot what is "Simple Ways" about
https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Simple_Ways

Rainbow Dash is my favorite though I dislike the episodes where her ego is inflated. I prefer her as a support character who drops in and out or tags along like she did in Season 1; suddenly crashing in, making a snarky comment or inspirational statement. The tension RD and AJ have are amusing to me.

Read it and Weep is perhaps my favorite RD specific episode.

Over the years I've lost track of which episodes I liked due to the sheer quantity and slow loss of interest. In general Season 1 and early Season 2 are what I remember the most. The casual slapstick, "lifelike" characters, lighthearted adventures and social struggles are really what grabbed me. Applebuck Season, Dragonshy, Swarm of the Century, Winter Wrap Up, Sonic Rainboom, are just the main S1 episodes that jump out when I look at the S1 list.

I sometimes wonder if I'd be a brony nowadays if the show was brand new right now...probably not. It caught me at the right time when I was stretched a bit thin in college and needed an escape. For awhile I thought I'd stop watching during S3...but there are a few episodes throughout the seasons that kept me around. And as much as I see people not liking Starlight Glimmer, she's really the only reason why I stuck around because her character is the casual, lighthearted, socially struggling Twilight Sparkle from Season 1 but with a twist. I'm glad S9 is scheduled to be the end; I'd rather see the end than quit because I lost the interest altogether.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 05:00:18 pm »
Season 8 imo is the best season

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 07:36:11 pm »
Season 8 imo is the best season
S8 definitely refreshed my interest in the show because how close Starlight Glimmer resembled the pacing and characterization of Season 1.

I was in my car thinking about this thread moments ago and it occurred to me that the one scene I remember most of the entire series is in the very first episode when Twilight meets Rainbow for the first time. Such lively nonchalant charisma from Rainbow, her ability to whimsically fly, and the slapstick followup really stuck with my memory. To me it was the perfect setting that conveyed the motives of Rainbow, her casual personality, and her foreshadowing of rash decisions. The scene also established more of who Twilight was in how she responded to the whole incident; calm, generally unimpressed, and much more focused on the task than being social (and being social was already mentioned to be uneasy for her).

It's the exposed character that attempts to mix with another character while not fully mixing that I appreciate. (Trixie+Starlight) (CMC on their own) (Rainbow+AJ), there's an acceptable and realistic tension between the characters as they have to make decisions against their own ideas without being total opposites (though the Rainbow+AJ is largely opposites but their quips between each-other is also amusing to me). Furthermore their willingness to "get real" and "level" with other characters is great.

All in all I hope S9 goes back to exploring the unknown. I think it's just not possible for the mane 6 to return to their social struggles in ponyville that was seen in Winter Wrap Up, Read It And Weep, or even A Friend In Deed; the show as of now is not structured to focus on the mane 6 anymore and has expanded the world too far to make much of the S1 technological struggles irrelevant. There was some return to this adventure and social struggle in S8 where the students had to explore the castle and argued but in all honesty I do not foresee the highly probable S9 climax "waging war" on school grounds to be all that fulfilling (it could very well come down to a Harry Potter ending but in ponyville).

I do look forward to what S9 focuses on and I hope it's in the adventure and social qualms and not the increased physical and verbal violence that has come to be more abundant over the years.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 07:48:37 pm »
I'm going to be honest I honestly think Twilight has became very boring.