In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Hideo Yoshizawa Plans for "Klonoa Chronicles Data Collection" Book  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker

【大拡散希望!】 「クロノアクロニクル資料集(仮)」を出版したい!

[Great spread of hope!]  I want to publish “Klonoa Chronicles Data Collection” (Provisional)!

「風のクロノア」シリーズの開発中に作成された秘蔵の未公開資料の数々を蔵出しして一冊の本にまとめた「クロノアクロニクル資料集」の出版をバンダイナムコに創らせてもらえるように働きかけていきたいと思います。 応援してくださる方は、ぜひご意見、ご感想等お寄せ下さい! よろしくお願いします!

I want to encourage Bandai Namco to create a publication “Klonoa Chronicles Data Collection”, which is a collection of unpublished, unreleased materials created during the development of the Klonoa series. If you would like to support us, please send us your feedback and comments! Thank you!

Big thanks to Klonoa @ Blog for translations!

Original Twitter thread, send support here!

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Re: Hideo Yoshizawa Plans for "Klonoa Chronicles Data Collection" Book
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 10:55:55 pm »
Beat me to it (jk!). You better believe I am giving all my support to this!  ;)

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 11:20:31 am »
An update on the book plan so far:
http://klonoa-at-blog.tumblr.com/post/183541901033/an-update-on-hideo-yoshizawas-klonoa-development
An update on Hideo Yoshizawa’s Klonoa development material book plan:

Thank you for your support! I’m surprised at the response from everyone above expectations. It may take some time, but I hope it will be advanced little by little. Thank you for your cooperation and support in the future!

So far, Chronicle’s tweets have been executed by my own decision, but in the future, it will be a problem in making proposals and negotiations with Bandai Namco, so I removed some tweets voluntarily. Please understand.

If you have downloaded the development data, please delete it. Thank you for your cooperation in realizing the project.

Currently, it would seem Yoshizawa went and deleted all tweets involving storyboard artwork. We would like to honor his wishes so we are making all of those posts private as well as pages scanned from his book  ゲームプランナー集中講座ゲーム創りはテンポが9割 (Game Planner: Tempo Is 90% Of Game Creation) as we personally see this as disrespectful and potentially takes away sales of the book. Thank you for your understanding.

So far, there has been a combined total of 8,000+ likes/retweets between both the English and Japanese version of his proposal tweet! Keep it up everyone!

...So yeah, I've got all the Chronicles images saved to my desktop but, like I said above, will respect his wishes and keep them private. I don't want to hurt the chances of this book happening after all.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 09:49:33 pm »
Klonoa for Materials Book news with Yoshizawa's forgiveness.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile video game director Hideo Yoshizawa appealed to fans on Twitter on Friday to urge Bandai Namco Games to create and release a materials book for the Klonoa game franchise. Yoshizawa refers to the book as KLONOA Chronicle Data Collection and describes it as a "collection of unpublished materials created during the development of the KLONOA series." He asked fans to comment in the Twitter thread to show Bandai Namco there is interest in the project.

The Japanese tweet has 156 comments, 3,800 retweets, and 3,600 likes. The English version has 46 comments, 316 retweets, and 445 likes at the time of this writing.

Namco launched the first Klonoa game, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, for the PlayStation in 1997. The second numbered sequel, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, shipped for the PlayStation 2 in 2001. Two handheld games, Kaze no Klonoa: Moonlight Museum and Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, also shipped for the WonderSwan and Game Boy Advance, respectively. Namco released Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament and Klonoa Heroes: Densetsu no Star Medal on the Game Boy Advance in 2002. A remake of the first game shipped for the Wii in 2008.

An animated film based on the franchise was in the works with United States-based production company Henshin but news of its cancellation was announced in January.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-03-18/klonoa-game-director-wants-to-release-of-materials-book/.144691

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 01:54:01 pm »
Still curious on the progression of that's going.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 02:28:41 pm »
Still curious on the progression of that's going.

Nothing new yet but he has been keeping quiet and was asking about certain documents(?) a few days ago. His idea also got good reception so it seems that the book is a likely thing in the works now.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 05:02:20 pm »
Yeah, he's been pretty quiet which in this context I read as a positive thing. There's a 10k+ total of likes/retweets between the English and Japanese version of his posts too.  :O