Countless of souls have perished staring at Aura's profile picture.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Operation: Pinkeye (Rareware inspired game)  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
Operation: Pinkeye (Rareware inspired game)
« on: February 20, 2019, 03:57:22 pm »
I thought I'd share my current project with you guys. I'm working on a game called, you guessed it, "Operation: Pinkeye".

Set in an alternate universe where the United Kingdom never formed (and Scotland and England remained separate countries), you will play as an agent of the Scottish Secret Society (SSS) named "Ken Maxwell", and you are tasked with stopping a threat to coup on the Scottish government and unite the country with England.

The game will use graphics as authentic to Goldeneye (and other N64 games) as I can make it.

I have the basic gameplay complete, and is available in the form of T3ngist. I simply need to refine and polish it, and work on the graphics.

Here is the enemy model, based on my real self. I made this by studying how Goldeneye models were put together, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. Although it can be improved in some places.

I created a basic gun, too, based off the pistol in Goldeneye.

I have created a very early prototype for the game, and so far, people seem to really like it.

My hope is to build on the game more, then try to get it promoted, and run a Kickstarter.

I have a twitter account that will regularly post updates to this game: https://twitter.com/GamerstormEN

So... what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:47:28 am by Cobra! »

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
Re: Pinkeye (Goldeneye inspired game)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:33:47 pm »
Despite not knowing much about Goldeneye in general, this looks pretty damn cool. Hoping this keeps on going :D

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 08:37:29 am »
Reviving this thread because I have been working on the game some more, and have even made a trailer!

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 03:21:57 pm »
Wow, very nice work man !
It's not my type of game sadly, but I'm sure it's gonna interest other people.
I ab only able to suggest keeping it up. Which you seem to be doing extremely well after only your previous update on the subject, so all seems well ;D

Offline Ghalidus (Gali +Ghadius)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • I've quite the big wide bottom. How embarrassing.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 04:20:01 pm »
Don't give me Pinkeye
Do or don't; there's no try.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 08:27:46 pm »
A few more quick updates: I started a Patreon to try and help fund the game, and take some load off my back.

E1M1 Magazine contacted me and asked to feature my game. Of course, I accepted!

Their Kickstarter trailer featured my game.

The trailer was shown on Reams Deep 2020, which is a big RetroFPS convention! A few people saw it and are supporting me on Patreon, so I've got some money from it now!  :D

(The trailer starts at 39:52)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 03:23:30 pm »
Oh, that's great ! Congrats !  :D :D

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
Re: Operation: Pinkeye (Rareware inspired game)
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 07:28:06 pm »
It's been a while, but I thought I'd let people know what's happening with this project.

It's still very much in development, and I have very recently finished the demo, and it's going to be featured on E1M1 Magazine's next demo disc, which will come with their next issues!

https://twitter.com/E1M1magazine/status/1360318122507587584?s=20

The Kickstarter just eneded, though, but hopefully like last time people will be able to buy copies after the fact!

I'm very excited about this! :D

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 11:08:49 am »
I just remembered that this thread still exists! I figured I should give an update on the game and what happened to it.

It got released! On the 2nd November 2022! :D

The game is available on Steam, Zoom Platform, Itch.io and GameJolt.

A new trailer has been made for it:

You can visit the website for the game for more into on the game and links to the storefront pages.

The game has sold pretty well, especially for a first commercial game, but pay hasn't been very good, turns out there's no money in professional game dev. Like at all. I'm going to look for funding for my next project, wish me luck!

Zoom Platform said that if sales are good on their platform, they'll release a boxed copy of the game! So if you want to support me, Zoom is the best bet! ;)

Either way, I hope you guys enjoy Operation: Pinkeye!

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 10:29:29 pm »
Someone with 10k followers streamed my game today and gave me some very interesting feedback. So for the context the game is a mishmash of Goldeneye and Virtua Cop, for those who haven’t played it. I’ve been focusing more on the Goldeneye aspect to market it, but the streamer said I should definitely lean in more on Virtua Cop, and everyone in the chat agreed.

I got into contact with someone to get feedback on how to change my approach, and it turns out they actually work for 3D Realms and I’ve been told they’re one of the best marketers in the industry!

So I think his opinion will hold a lot of weight.