Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Greetings.  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
Greetings.
« on: June 04, 2017, 10:17:13 am »
As you noticed, I created an account a few hours ago. I won't be online that often, that's unfortunate.

Still, this won't stop me from participating to this collective, in one way or another. In fact, after this topic,
I'm going to make another one, but I won't spoil it now (Or maybe you'll guess?).

But hey, the username's Balneor. You might find me in other places, such as Steam or Youtube, although the latter is much more used today.

So, why did I come here? Well the obvious answer would be, because I like the franchise in general. And there's no
group on steam, so I figured I would join this one instead.
But that's not my only reason, I have other plans in-mind.

How exactly did I found out about Klonoa in general? By browsing Youtube, it recommended me some Klonoa PS1/Wii speedruns, without reason as to why it would do that. I'm not going to lie, when I first took a blind look at theses, my eyes rapidly spied the character, which I found cute, but unsure if I was right to...Until I saw the PS1 opening cutscene, and the answer was then obvious.
After some time looking at anything Klonoa-related, learning a tiny-bit about it's history, my "musician" ears
also were mobilized. Turns out, the music in this serie is grandiose, which I highly appreciate.
[...] I managed not only to emulate Door to Phantomile, but Dream Champ Tournament as well,
which I 100% them with quite some fun. I also managed to get a French copy of Lunatea's Veil, which
I happily played on my PS2, even today.

So that is my greetings. What about your discoverie, of this young and strong child of the wind?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Greetings.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 11:09:45 am »
Hello and Welcome to the Klonoa collective :D Yeah I think the Klonoa games have some good music as well.

Hmm technically I discovered this game way back in 1999-2004 or so but I don't remember clearly when. However I only had a demo disc back then. I never got to play the full game until 2014 and I grew very attached to it and it's story as well as a few characters.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:35:16 pm »
Waphilio to the Collective, @Balneor  :smile2:

I wasn't interested in the series at first. Then, Klonoa 2 came out and that boxart made me think twice of trying it out and then, it made me regret not trying the first game.

Anywho, please do enjoy your stay here (even though you're not much around here) ;)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 01:22:56 pm »
Well, thank you for your welcome. Don't worry though, I'll be here pretty often, as long as my objectives aren't complete. I'm not sure then... but then is not now, so we shouldn't care about that ( :confused: ).

But there's a few things I'm wondering about, because I don't really understand them,
and I've searched it without success.

What is a "Dreamer rating"? Doesn't seems like the "Warning system" at all.
And, what are those little colored dreamstones, above the avatar of the user, supposed to mean?
Finally, how would you acquire them?

That's just curiosity, and after all, I'm not used to going into forums, at all. Either way,
I'll probably starts another topic tomorrow. See you there, i'ts going to be some very interesting stuff !

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 01:28:26 pm »
Gemstones are kind of just to match your rank of whatever, such as being a Moo, you have a green dreamstone. Dreamer ratings is kind of a little system you see in other forums. The lower, the bad. The higher, the good. At least in Forum standards.

But eyyyy! Welcome to the forums, my dood! ;)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 04:08:04 am »
dreamer rating is kinda hmmm mostly approval disapproval system but I wouldn't really take it seriously.
The dreamstones are post rankings but it is just based off of how many posts you have made.

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 10:23:11 am »
Hey and Welcome to the Collective!

I hope you enjoy your stay here! :big_smile: