Vincentmrl's Mac can make origami out of hamburga french fry. Don't ask how.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Ending Left Me With Many Questions ?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline egg

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ☆ just a dreamer ☆
Ending Left Me With Many Questions ?
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:30:40 pm »
So I finished Door to Phantomile last month, and its the only Klonoa game I've played so far. The ending felt a bit incomplete to me, and it left on a bitter note. I just have so many questions ??  :sad_face:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I forgot the other questions I had in mind regarding Klonoa and more connections to common dreams irl being shown in the game, but for some reason I can't remember them right now. Did the ending also leave you a but confused ? If so, what made you confused ? What did you question ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:34:22 pm by egg »
eggsthetic, eggtastic, eggpect the egg puns.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Ending Left Me With Many Questions ?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 12:12:30 am »
I have a lot of questions and maybe a bit of a grudge against huepow despite him doing his err prince duties.

so far I don't have many real answers other than Klonoa is very connected to that wind ring and it in ways seems to take him places.

hmm about Klonoa's grandfather. I'm unsure. what to really think. he could be an illusion. he could be just foster parent. or even a double of his real grand father. I really don't know

Offline MaskedRazzle

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:33:49 am »
I believe Huepow and the inhabitants of phantomile are creatures that only exist in dreams in the first place. Klonoa isn't, so he's referred to as a "strange dream" and "out of place". :unsure:

I feel like there's a lot of little things about klonoa stories they imply, and everyone has different ways of interpreting these things.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 02:02:23 pm »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 06:46:23 pm »
Ah yes. The feeling of confusion after playing the games is rather common. :big_smile:

The series doesn't give much in the way of answers, unfortunately, so a lot is up for interpretation.

My Take -

DTP is Huepow's Dream. Since a Dreamer's Dream World is a manifestation of things that they dream of Klonoa didn't belong because he was brought there from another Dream. When he was sent away at the end of the game he returned to his own Dream World and eventually woke up.

Hmm ... maybe I'll get into that sometime next week. (THISISNOTAHINT)

Lephise isn't a Princess. In DTP she is called either a Songstress or a Diva depending on which game you're playing. I view Lephise as more of a precursor to a Priestess. A being with great spiritual power and a purifying voice who is a damsel in distress. Lolo took over that type of role later in the Series which is probably why we haven't seen much of Lephise since.

Klonoa's parent's are not mentioned in any media so I assume that he doesn't have any anymore. Grandpa, which may or may not be his maternal Grandfather, is his parental figure and legal guardian until he decides to strike out on his own.

Aside - I played with the idea of " Babies Work Differently " in this Universe so it may very well be possible that Klonoa literally does not have parents and that isn't an uncommon thing. Inhabitants of the Dream World are created with Dream Energy. Their lifespans probably do not follow the same rules as mortals in the real world. Klonoa might be hundreds of years old because of that. Or maybe a few days old. It's hard to explain the concept without using walls of text.

Felt that Grandpa's (who is not-quite-dead apparently) death may have been staged to motivate Klonoa to do what needed to be done in the Endgame. Ultimately, we learn that Klonoa is the type of person who would have helped regardless so they didn't really need to go that far.

Views of Phantomilian = It's a Dream Language that enables people who may not speak the same language in the Real World to understand each other in the Dream World. Everyone speaks and can understand Phantomilian. They probably don't understand why or how, but that knowledge is buried in their subconscious.

Aside - Klonoa is multilingual. In what languages? All of them. He needs to be to be able to do his job effectively.

Offline egg

• Moo
  • ☆ just a dreamer ☆
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 11:48:23 am »
i feel great that I'm not alone on the confusion wow. I noticed while rereading my start of the thread, I made typos. FYI that I make A LOT of typos!! My bad,, :sick:

@Vokadae I'm really unaware of the significance of Grandpa in the series, so you aren't alone. I diont really have a grudge against Huepow (except me joking around and calling him a liar), because I understand that Huepow was just trying to make Klonoa happy; meaning he can feel sympathy for others, but probably not in the best way. You also made a really good obervation there !! "Klonoa of the Wind" ,, not only does he use wind as a weapon, but he's sort of a metaphor for the wind; like how he has to move on from dream to dream and meet so many people.  :big_smile:

@MaskedRazzle I agree. I also think that the Phantomilian people only existed within the worlds. A part of me feels like we should of got to know them a bit more. I also agree that there are those things left hidden within the games. I enjoy hearing how other people think about them.  :)

@DarkTails24 even though our interpretations are different, I still love to hear them! Klonoa having the dream because of the suppression of lost loved ones and grief isn't something I hear everyday. Interesting I must say. I also can see how the game can shape Klonoa into being more of an independent hero to give him more experience and to mature on it.  ;D

@Mobotropolis !! :O !! How could I have forgotten that Lehpise isn't a princess !? Sorry about that; in my copy she was referred to as a diva/singer. I can see how you made the connection with her being a spiritual, priestess like figure, and I defiantly agree with you. I really would want Lephise to have more character. We should get to know her more (not like how much Balue does tho :bad_straight_face: .) Yesss someone has the same interpretation as me,,, amazing !! Aaaaa I really like the whole "babies work differently" thing you mentioned. I have no idea how I couldn't think of that. I always thought the phantomilian language was just random jibberish to make a fictional language, until I found out there was a Phantomilian dictionary. Klonoa as multilingual ,,, I'm adopting that new headcanon for the win. Also agree that the Grandpa's death made Klonoa think, "nOw I goTTA do this, so evil ugh." Couple of your statements actually changed a couple perspectives on the game wow  :embarassed:

Offline Matiri

• Heart Moo
  • Dealing with life one step at a time.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 02:18:04 pm »
I know I'm a bit late buuuuut...

These are a few questions in regards to the whole series rather than just the first game.

1) Are the dream worlds and it's inhabitants a figment of a single person's dreams or is it a world everyone goes to and share when they dream and which world one goes to depends on the people there connected to in the real world?

2) Following the latter idea, that could explain why he's a dream traveller: he is forced away from the friends he makes in the real world fairly regurlarly apparently and as such is unnable to exist in the same dream world with them for too long.

3) I don't think Klonoa was meant to have the wind ring, I mean just look at it. In my headcannon the ring belonged to someone who could wear it as an actual ring and just fell into Klonoa's hands due to a series of unfortunate events.

4) As for Grandpa's death, I've been thinking about it and came up with the interpretation that, again following the latter idea in point 1, when someone dies within the dream world, that person wakes up in the real world. They just think he's dead for good because in a place that seems to be normally peaceful like Phantomile, "temporary death" isn't thought to be a thing.

Offline egg

• Moo
  • ☆ just a dreamer ☆
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 06:49:06 pm »
@Matiri you actually have a really good point about how the ring doesn't look like Klonoa is suppose to have it. With the dream worlds, I don't really know. Since I believe its Huepow's dream (some may disagree and that's alright,) I imagine Huepow being a lucid dreamer that can revisit dreams like Madosuki in Yume Nikki.
They always say when you die in a dream, you're changing significantly. If Gramps is dying in the dream, if he exists in the real world, how is he changing ?