Huepow is the real villian in Door to Phantomile.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa POV "poems"  (Read 833 times)

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
Klonoa POV "poems"
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:53:46 PM »
Something a bit different, The first one is mainly a look of what I feel goes on in Klonoa's mind at the end of the second game while the other is more shipfuel if anything. They are pretty short but I wanted it to be more like a poem if anything, I guess.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12075868/1/Dreamer-s-Heart
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12119127/1/My-love

precious child needs a happy ending...

Sort of embarrassed sharing this but criticism is welcomed. Just made as a small practice thingy, Really. Klonoa is kind of a hard character to pull off.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:54:04 PM by Mario123311 »

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
Re: Dreamer's Heart
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:24:58 PM »
There are some formatting/grammatical errors here and there but I'm not one to talk. :embarassed:

I would have liked a smidge more detail. Maybe into why Klonoa loved Lolo.

Offline A Mira-Miran

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:39:09 PM »
That was nice. Like Mobo said, a little bit more detail would be nice.

But for a practice piece, it's a nice start.

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Hero in Training
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
Thanks, As you guessed it's more of a practice I did to get into his character. I always imagine he'd simply be bottling up his sadness for some reason, And really - I don't know how he's able to deal with all the stuff he goes through and able to shrug it off, This was really my only possible thought and it kinda stuck with me. I don't imagine him being a "constant sobber" but basically trapping his true emotions and masking them with a forced smile and whatnot.

I mean, His foster grandfather was killed, His own best friend lies to him and he learns he never even really existed in his "home", and for all we know from the opening at Klonoa 2 he probably spent most of his life possibly eternally resting, being teleported to various places... That's at least what I think, I almost forgot Moonlight Museum Exists, Which was before K2 I believe. And again, I stick to "safe" canon which is the first 2 games. I'm kind of weird like that, I know... It's just easier for me to understand that way.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:59:24 PM by Mario123311 »

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 07:30:22 AM »
I'm open to hearing how other people interpret the canon. If you're only factoring in Klonoa 1 and 2 then yeah; it does seem pretty grim and sad for Klonoa.

Huepow and also Ghadius I think also implied that Klonoa came from somewhere else so I imagine that he does actually have a homeworld. The webcomic and sidegames lean further on that line of thinking. It seems that maybe the writers wanted to go with the former line of thinking but after they decided to try and make the series a franchise they went with the latter.

Offline A Mira-Miran

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 04:17:28 PM »
I have two different ideas about the whole thing and they're both based on what Popka said about how Klonoa apparently looked like the Goddess Claire. This is only factoring Klonoa 1 and 2.

1. Klonoa is either an extension or reincarnation of Claire who's there to maintain balance between the various dream worlds.

2. The whole thing is actually symbolic and Klonoa is actually just a little boy in real life whose mother is named Claire.

Also, I kinda have to wonder how much Klonoa remembers from his adventures in Phantomile. He doesn't talk about it at all, so I initially assumed he forgot about it. However, going by 2's ending, it seems like he completely understood how Lolo was feeling. And when he said "We'll always be together", it was pretty similar to how Huepow told him that they'll always be together. Implying that he does remember at least a little bit of what happened.

This all ties in the theme of dreams and how there are dreams that you forgot but swore you had. Maybe Klonoa does remember that he had a best friend that he had to leave forever, or at least the feeling he had when he did. Which pretty much makes the whole thing even sadder. He has a good idea of what he is and what that means for him and simply accepts his sorrow and moves forward.

It's all very interesting to think about.

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »
One day I'll write out the entire thing. Today is not that day.

I figured that Klonoa remembers everywhere somewhere in his subconscious. When he wakes up he remembers nothing beyond that he is the Dream Traveler and only that so he knows how important it is to sleep. When he's Dream Traveling he remembers as much as he needs to fulfill his current assignment. The rest would be false memories supplemented by the Dreamer to make his job easier.

1. Klonoa is either an extension or reincarnation of Claire who's there to maintain balance between the various dream worlds.

I always wanted to do a story around that quote, but I kept struggling with how to frame it.

Whoever Klonoa is it's apparent that he is very important. It's just a matter of how important.

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Hero in Training
Re: Klonoa POV "poems"
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 03:56:44 PM »
Sort of an update, The title of this topic has been renamed as I wrote ANOTHER one. This is less sad and more of a happy/fluffy ship-fuel thing, Moreso based on events in another story I'm working on [ SPOILER! =P ]

Read this fluffy piece here.