Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: New Conker game, Young Conker, likely leaked  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
New Conker game, Young Conker, likely leaked
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:16:50 am »
Several new games appeared on the Windows Store before being taken down. One of them was a game named "Young Conker", possibly a prequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64. http://segmentnext.com/2016/02/01/young-conker-game-fragments-holostudio-app-spotted-in-windows-store/
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: New Conker game, Young Conker, likely leaked
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:35:06 pm »
he better be as volatile and "poetically vivid" as he was in Conkers Bad Fur Day : o

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:46:47 pm »
he better be as volatile and "poetically vivid" as he was in Conkers Bad Fur Day : o
Chances are he might not be due to it probably being set before BFD.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Spirit Macardi

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »
What if it turned out to be a remake of Conker's Pocket Tales for the GBC? x3

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 11:44:16 pm »
Well, now we know what this game was supposed to be after all.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 01:31:29 am »
That's just not Conker to me  :angry:    oh geeze that's hideous
I probably have some nostalgia bias but to me that is a joke game made to resemble conker and insult fans of his old personality.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:33:34 am by Voka~Daemyn »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 04:59:56 am »
Honestly, I feel like this is less a Conker game and more just a 'tech-demo' for what would normally be a really cool idea. I mean, just strip all semblance of Conker from this, and just picture the idea: playing a videogame that takes advantage of the surrounding room's terrain. It's essentially something similar to the AR games on the 3DS, but clearly on another dimension of interactivity.

But.

BUT.

As creative as the idea is, I simply cannot grasp why they thought slapping a pre-existing IP on it was a good idea. I mean, the Hololens costs, like, $3,000 dollars, so I for real do not see why someone would buy a Hololens dev kit just for said game alone, unless they thought that alone would sell more units. And it would...if this was a Conker game. But it isn't. No, this isn't a Conker game, not in terms of design, at the least. The only thing this shares with the Conker series is that it's a platformer, and...that's it. Between this and Project Spark, I can't help but feel Microsoft is just shoe-horning Conker into anything self-creational just so they don't have to make an actual (true-to-nature) Conker game themselves.

I could maybe justify the branding, since 'young' implies it wouldn't exactly have all that mature humor. Weak argument, but...why. Why is this design so atrocious? An entire team of people not only have to draw a concept for that, but also model it, program it...there's probably some voice work for it, too...

How could so many people think 'yeah, this looks good, let's work with that'?

But the worst part...oh, the worst part...is that Microsoft knows it can get away with this. They know, because nobody's gonna get a Hololens for this game alone. No. Nobody. They'll likely get this for far more interesting programming things, like, y'know, lots of future, sci-fi techy stuff. This game...it could be something special...but it's just an experiment on their part, to tread the waters...and...y'know...maybe make a quick buck off of it.

Now watch them cancel/re-design it 1-2 months from now.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).