Untamed Heart: Wahoo is more popular than Yahoo!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What Truely Got You Into the Series?  (Read 11055 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: What Truely Got You Into the Series?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 09:45:20 pm »
Hmm...more than a few people here started with Klonoa 2, based on a quick scan. ANYWAY, my interest in this series is a complicated one- you see, back in 2001-ish, at what used to be my Toys-R-Us (now a pet-smart T.T), they had a demo for Klonoa 2. (interestingly, this was also how I was introduced to Sonic Adventure. But that's another story.) I tried it, fell in love with it, and never saw it again for some time, without even knowing what it was called, vowing to myself that someday, somehow, I would get a PS2, and find this game again. Fast forward a couple of years (or months, a child's perception of time is often fuzzy), I have a PS2, a couple of games (Aqua Aqua was my first, followed wome time after by Okage:Shadow King and Dark Cloud.) and there, at Hollywood(a videogame/movie rental...was eventually converted into Play-N-Trade, then to a friggin' birthday party hair salon...T.T), I saw it...one floppy eared, adorable little cat-rabbit riding a surfboard. Then, I knew- There he is...the video game character of my dreams. Of course, I played the game as much as I could, but when it came time to return it (I used to rent almost ALL my games. a practice I pretty much gave up completely after renting Super Paper Mario- another story) I was heartbroken. But, sometjing I did afterwards was...well, something I regret- I had a chance to buy the game from Gamestop, but I said no, because I assured myself that I had played enough of it, to fully keep the experiences with me. And i never saw the game in person until 2 or so years ago, at another gamestop. Soon after I played Klonoa 2, though, I happened upon one of the best discoveries ever- Klonoa:Empire of Dreams. I though, at the time, that it was the first Klonoa that was alluded to in Klonoa 2's title (If there's a Klonoa 2, then where's Klonoa 1?), but that wasn't important- what's important was that I was finally reunited with my favorite videogame character ever...next to Sonic, of course, but it's still a close call. (actually, one of the reasons I loved Klonoa so much may have been because the game reminded me of Sonic Adventure. What can I say? I have a soft spot for gamecube/dreamcast/PS2-era cell-shading/graphics.) So there you have it- Klonoa is the entire reason why I own a PS2 in the first place. I inadvertntly owe a lot to that game...Dark Cloud, Okage, Katamari Damacy(technically, I owe Toonami for mentioning that, but that's another story), Sly Cooper, Final Fantasy X (my first Final Fantasy, too), Shadow of the Colossus, Psychonauts, Metal Gear Solid 2, Kingdom Hearts...all because of that one store demo...

TL,DR:Toys-R-Us store demo was what got me hooked.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2014, 02:56:08 pm »
I was looking for brand new franchises that the internet hadn't spoiled to me yet, and Klonoa was one of them.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 08:48:58 am »
I got into the series when I played Empire of Dreams on the gba sp. It came with a few other games my mother bought for the others from gamestop. I got curious so I picked a random game from the bag and then.... you guys can pretty much guess the rest
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2014, 05:04:31 am »
I entered a Freedom Planet halloween art contest, and one of the entries had Milla in a Klonoa costume http://dariansfiledump.webs.com/milla_as_klonoa.png
I immediately looked up the series after that.