You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What is your hardest gaming moment?  (Read 6503 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
What is your hardest gaming moment?
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:04:06 pm »
What is the hardest part of all the games you played, what is it from, and why? Me? The hardest is the Omega Pirate boss battle from Metroid Prime because of it's uber-powerful attacks, ability to summon beam troopers and the Phazon pools (thought those are actual annoyances). I think I beat this guy out of pure luck.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »
Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I think I've said enough. Seriously, that game does not let up.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 11:41:27 am »
I think it'll be Drakengard 3, although I haven't bought the game yet.
Its last "battle" in route D - "the final song", which may take you 4~8 hours to "defeat" it for the first time. The evil camera angles, and the black screen...
Hmm...what am I talking about? All I can say is, if you are seeking to be trolled, then buy this game.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:01:13 pm »
You just had to start THIS topic, eh? Prepare for a fist full of rage! :P

Let's see, for boss fights:

-Ballos, from Cave Story
-Gurglewocky, from Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
-Garlen, from Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
-Shredder, from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game (NES)
-Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream, from Punch-Out!

Hardest moments:

-Fighting Vanaduke in Spiral Knights. While he wasn't hard per se, the fact he puts fire tiles on the floor and summon some Almirian Royal Guard who will charge you when you can't see them off screen. Arrgh, just arrrgh.
-Blood Stained Sanctuary is a pain in itself in Cave Story. Especially the first part. ;-;
-The last part of the original Ninja Gaiden in particular. The game was hard in itself but when you get to the last level, you had THREE bosses to fight. You die, not only do you have to redo the WHOLE ENTIRE LEVEL WHICH WAS A PAIN IN THE BUTTOCKS, you had fight ALL THREE AGAIN.
-Motherf**king Zelda 2. You haven't lived (and died enough) if you haven't learned just how hard that game is.
-Another mention would be Castlevania 2. It isn't hard, but just a BIG, BIG difficult puzzle to figure out what to do, where to go. etc.
-Contra: Hard Corps. Good damn game and straight up difficult all around.
-Super Mario Bros 2/Lost Levels. The actual sequel is haaard. And warp pipes won't help you this time around.
-Ghosts 'n Goblins. T-T

Those are my experiences. I still have yet more games to play, so this list will probably expand one day.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:02:47 pm by the_darai »

Offline realmwars

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Director of future coming Klonoa Fan Movie.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:40 pm »
Playing the final boss of Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 ON A PC!

It's bad enough you have to face 6 giant tailed beasts but when the game has lag because of the computer I'm using. Just... UGH! No.. no.... make the bad men go away mommy. Make the bad men go away.

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:20 pm »
I never beat the final boss of Kingdom Hearts 1, and that left me with a foul distaste in my mouth. Then came the final boss(es) of Kingdom Hearts 2, to the point of rage. I eventually beat the game...

...against a wall. -_-

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »
I can name a few off my nightmares the top of my head...

Archers of Anor Londo (Dark Souls): There's one spot in the Anor Londo area that had me stuck for weeks the first time around. You had to walk on a ridiculously narrow beam while 2 armored archers shoot Dragonslayer arrows (aka super-sized arrows) at you. Getting hit will obviously knock you off the beam, but blocking the arrows is out of the question; because the knockback is enough to push you off to your demise as well. Timing your run is the most crucial factor to beating this spot, and the timing is very strict. Sometimes even the camera can get in the way and send you running blindly  X_X
Legendary difficulty (Halo 4, especially): Even with allies by your side, every enemy will focus their fire on you (well you are Master Chief, but still) The damage you take is overwhelming, so going guns ablaze won't do you good, and avoiding them is just as difficult.
Sirius' Gold Cards (BomberMan 64): The final boss itself isn't that hard (it's actually pretty fun when you play it normally), but if you're trying to get all 120 gold cards in the game, then this is nothing less than a test of patience and luck. In each boss battle, you gain gold cards from performing specific actions (like bouncing a bomb off the boss' head) and the fifth card is always acquired by gathering the other 4 cards under the target time. In the first form, the target time is 10000, which might translate to a minute. This alone is the hardest part about the whole challenge, because Sirius always flies off to perform his laser attack. This attack is tediously long, and he's practically invincible since he's away from your distance. The worst part is that he does it all the time. It's not like you can use the detonate power-up to make things easier, because you're fighting the very same person who'd hand you that power-up before each prior battle (that traitor!  >:( ) So you're left hoping that he doesn't fly upward before your bombs hit him and win before your target time goes over
Jaquio (NES Ninja Gaiden): This boss has 3 forms, and to this day I've yet to beat his second form. He fires heat-seeking fireballs at you (I never realized how strange that sounded until now  ^^;  ) while moving back and forth in mid-air, and if you touch him, you get damaged for 3 hit points! And unless you're really good at this game and can get by the entire level (especially 6-2 *cringe*  :( ) without getting hit once, you're gonna have a hard time fighting him; because your health does not restore at the beginning of the fight. The worst part? You die once, you start all the way back at the beginning of the level! That's just his second form! Imagine actually beating him and realizing that you still have 1 FORM LEFT!  D:
Control on 00 Agent difficulty (Goldeneye 007): Don't ask me why I hate this mission so much, just take my word for it  >:O
The final boss of every fighting game ever: Just, don't bother...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:59:07 am by AlphaRed9X »
It a me

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 05:22:46 pm »
Rayquaza (Pokemon Emerald in particular)

Given the fact you can catch a Level 70 Legendary Game Breaker BEFORE the Elite Four in that game, I never pass up the chance to try and catch it to use against the E4. However, first problem I have is Sky Pillar's infamous cracked tiles, which send you back a floor if you fall through the wrong ones. Not to mention this area specifically requires the Mach Bike to get around them. After traversing the place, Rayquaza seemed like an easy opponent.... Until you realized it's Attack and Special Attack were equal to those of Groudon and Kyogre combined, and not to mention it's lovely starting moveset:

-Outrage (Locks the user for a few turns then causes instant self confusion afterwards).
-Rest (Fully heals HP to max and cures status conditions for 2 turns).
-Fly (The only weak attack that Rayquaza had, deadly if your starter is Sceptile or Blaziken).
-ExtremeSpeed (Quick Attack on steroids. All I need to say).

With that in mind, the moveset it has is designed to flat out ANNOY anybody who tries to catch it in one go without any resets. Mind you, this was in a Generation that DIDN'T have the benefit of Gen IV's new Poke Balls that are perfect for catching Legendaries with (ANY Legendary was a cake walk between 8 PM and 3:59 AM in Gen IV onwards with a hoard of Dusk Balls, even better if said Legendary is in a cave so that they work by default).

Even then, you CAN simply Master Ball the *******, but that sort of takes the "fun" out of it whenever you use a Master Ball. To be honest, only use the thing if you're going for a specific nature or are RNGing it to be Shiny, since otherwise it's a waste to use the Master Ball on this Dragon/Flying Legendary. Even then, once you claim this thing, you officially have the most Broken Legendary Pokemon in all of Hoenn. Give this thing the proper TMs, and it'll decimate the entire Elite Four in one go.

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 08:11:07 pm »
Serious Sam 3. Freaking Serious Sam 3. AT NORMAL DIFFICULTY. it was easy in the first 2-3 levels, well NOW IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. Giant areas with limited health with 300+ enemies bashing you.

Frullop

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 10:27:32 pm »
Not knowing about slowing down time in Majora's Mask while in a dungeon.

What a dandy time I had with that.