The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 99715 times)

Offline geoff34

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2018, 03:21:17 pm »
Some Ridge Racer music in the same mood of RRT4 soundtrack

btw, do you want some good Jazz fusion ? listen to The Rippingtons

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:47:10 am by geoff34 »

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #471 on: April 06, 2018, 11:09:10 am »
Oh heheh Rippingtons is pretty dang good too, haven't heard of them until I heard Tourist in Paradise in one of the YouTube streams back in last year. Also yeah, pretty much all of the main Ridge Racer games have pretty good music as well :)

Listening to the credit song in Persona 3 sure, but since it's quite spoiler heavy imo, so I'm just going to post the intro song for the game, which is also pretty good too imo.

The Movie version of the song is even better imo.

Offline geoff34

• Moo
« Reply #472 on: April 06, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
Eschatos is a Shmup avaiable on Steam, I like the retro oriented soundtrack by Yousuke Yasui, it fits the game very well

Yousuke Yasui also did some tracks on Custom Robo series and Mega Man Network Transmission on Gamecube

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #473 on: April 08, 2018, 06:28:53 pm »
I really like the FM Synth vibe of the Eschatos OST, it sure reminds me quite a lot of games like Thunder Force 4 on Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. Also that other two music by Yousuke Yasui is also pretty nice as well.

I'm not sure who composed Bros on the Road from FFXV, but I really like it ever since the initial release of the game itself, but it took me this long to realize it's actually a cover of Stand By Me by Oasis, seems like that's a reference to the whole friendship theme of the game and the fact that the game itself also has its own version of Stand By Me for the game's theme song.

Offline geoff34

• Moo
« Reply #474 on: April 09, 2018, 06:45:24 am »
Driving Emotion Type-S was a racing game on PS2, the soundtrack contains some good jazz fusion tracks by Shinji Hose, Ayako Saso and Takayuki Aihara

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:56:29 pm by geoff34 »

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #475 on: April 14, 2018, 12:52:47 pm »
A while back, a Klonoa fan from Japan named Ryo Senba created a series of CD's of Klonoa covers comprised of various songs from the games, fittingly dubbed "To Dream." He also posted some of his covers on Youtube, but I'll just save you the trouble and post my favorites here:

Sadly, the rest of his masterpieces are unavailable for listening in full. Although he did post samples of all the songs on Soundcloud, the CD itself is no longer purchasable:
https://soundcloud.com/k-wind/to-dream-the-best

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2018, 09:51:48 am »
Porter Robinson's Worlds album.

Offline geoff34

• Moo
« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2018, 01:52:51 pm »
Tobal 2 soundtrack was done by Takayuki Nakamura, who is also behind the music of Virtua Fighter, the music have same feeling than Virtua Fighter 1 & 2

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2018, 06:08:48 am »
Don't have anything real special to listen to recently, but I've just listened to these two recently, the whole FF series so has quite a lot of relaxing songs/tracks I'd say, Spira Unplugged is one of them.

Offline geoff34

• Moo
« Reply #479 on: April 18, 2018, 07:11:28 am »
Russ Freeman is the leader of The Rippingtons, and he made a solo album in 1985 before the first Rippingtons album

Naoya Matsuoka & Wesing - The September Wind is a interesting album, it's jazz fusion mixed with latin music, also the cover of the album reminds me Outrun

Tatsuro Yamashita is pretty great too, I love this funky stuff
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:37:24 pm by geoff34 »