Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 7285 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Pet Peeves
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 12:37:39 am »
Quote from: "MMZenex"
Quote from: "AlphaRed9X"
-Mind-numbing Partner AI

Welp, I have a reason to share this now! (In a spoiler tag because the picture's a bit big)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If anyone has ever played Left 4 Dead 2 on single player mode, you'll know what I'm talking about. So how did these three goofs end up hanging on the ledge? A Spitter shot at them and they decided it would be a good idea to jump off the ledge, while I stayed in a corner where it couldn't hit me.

They were all promptly hit with an axe shortly after I pulled them up. -_-
Speaking of L4D, I hate the fact that none of them take any initiative for themselves (hey, go ahead of me a little so, you know, you can be a victim to a hunter instead of me. All the time.) or kill stealing like a boss.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Pet Peeves
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 05:16:56 pm »
Quote from: "MMZenex"
Quote from: "AlphaRed9X"
-Mind-numbing Partner AI

Welp, I have a reason to share this now! (In a spoiler tag because the picture's a bit big)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If anyone has ever played Left 4 Dead 2 on single player mode, you'll know what I'm talking about. So how did these three goofs end up hanging on the ledge? A Spitter shot at them and they decided it would be a good idea to jump off the ledge, while I stayed in a corner where it couldn't hit me.

They were all promptly hit with an axe shortly after I pulled them up. -_-
IDIOTS!!! They know they're not supposed to jump off a ledge!! Why did they do that!? But anyway, them getting hit with an axe stinks but, was it YOU that hit them with an axe? Also, what is the green one supposed to be? But anyway, Mind-numbing/unresponsive AI bugs me too. And I can thank Epic Mickey 2 for that.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
Pet Peeves
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:00 pm »
For the axe one, yes. But I only hit each of them once. While they're not the smartest, they're useful when I get jumped.

As for the green one, there's two of them, so I'm not so sure which one you're talking about. The darker one is Master Chief. The other one with the big head is none other than the pokemon Gardevoir. I've changed them all up ever since then though.

Mods be fun yo. ;)
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
Pet Peeves
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:55 pm »
The only green one was the Pokemon. The master chief one looked like he had a black suit instead of a green one. Thanks though.

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
Pet Peeves
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:43 pm »
No prob! I read black suit and all I can think of is Ghost Rider being under the Chief like that. Trying to do some funny business there.
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
Pet Peeves
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 02:38:36 am »
- Health Regen: Sometimes it works, for some games, but motly I find that it's just an excuse to turn fps games into completely on-rail shooters, because you don't have to go exploring for medkits, etc, you just grab your gun and shoot. You don't have to watch over your health, count your medkits, use more cover, etc, because you can always just duck for 5 seconds, and then go back fully healed.

- Too many hints/no hints at all: I find that games from earlier sometimes didn't give enough hints on how to proceed, but today games seem way too focused on treating the player like a double-digit IQ warrior, with the most obvious stuff, like basic controls, getting pointed out over the screen. It breaks immersion entirely.

- Ub3rpr0 420 NOSCOPE basement warriors: You know that, that overweight kid with the blank stare completely devoid of self-consciousness, who has no job, only goes to school to play Counter Strike at the I.T. class, has his mom work two jobs at once just so he can afford the fastest net, throws a hissyfit if his ping goes above 40 ms and slams his keyboard into bits and pieces, then curses at his mom for having such crappy net, and lives off of takeout pizza? As a casual gamer I've never been a multiplayer enthusiast, but after my favorite Team Fortress 2 server got flooded with people for whom nobody was a match, specially not me who didn't play this 24/7, I just never went back.

- Uncalled-for difficulty: The difficulty in games should increase evenly as the player plays it more, and shouldn't suddenly jump to level 666 at once. I can't stand games that expect you to go back to and beat previous segments over and over again just to level up, till you can beat a boss where even one slip in your movement ends up landing you dead. Oh, and then another, even harder boss comes up. So, time to get back to levelling up. Nope.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:41:48 am by Bitterman »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
Pet Peeves
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »
Well, it seems I misunderstood the term "pet peeves" so I'll redo. Mine are:
-Unresponsive/mind-numbing partner A.I
-Cheap enemy placement
-Cheap opponent A.I in racing games
-Enemies that easily latch onto you and drain your health rapidly
-Long Loading times
-Lag
-Game Freezing
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:40:29 pm by Windbullet »

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Pet Peeves
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 04:10:46 pm »
Quote from: "Bitterman"
- Ub3rpr0 420 NOSCOPE basement warriors: You know that, that overweight kid with the blank stare completely devoid of self-consciousness, who has no job, only goes to school to play Counter Strike at the I.T. class, has his mom work two jobs at once just so he can afford the fastest net, throws a hissyfit if his ping goes above 40 ms and slams his keyboard into bits and pieces, then curses at his mom for having such crappy net, and lives off of takeout pizza? As a casual gamer I've never been a multiplayer enthusiast, but after my favorite Team Fortress 2 server got flooded with people for whom nobody was a match, specially not me who didn't play this 24/7, I just never went back.

They usually come in two sizes: clinically obese, or super skiny. I'm overweight, not clinically though. I kind of don't like how you put the fault at those kids. I mean there has to be a reason why somebody is an escapist 24/7, it's the parents fault.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:11:07 pm by Gyzyn »

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
Pet Peeves
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 03:36:22 am »
Quote from: "Gyzyn"
They usually come in two sizes: clinically obese, or super skiny. I'm overweight, not clinically though. I kind of don't like how you put the fault at those kids. I mean there has to be a reason why somebody is an escapist 24/7, it's the parents fault.
Don't take it the wrong way, I am an escapist myself. I was referring to the Chris-Chan types, aka adults who act like that. I should have left the obesity part out, I was just referring to a person I knew, whom the last time I heard of him was eating himself to death on takeout pizza.

I don't blame even people like that... but I can't say I'd give any sympathy. It's just fuel to the fire for them.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:48:46 am by Bitterman »

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Pet Peeves
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 03:00:47 pm »
^ Hah don't worry. :) I even joke about my own overweight too. It's my fault cause I have a sweet tooth. Though I'm not that fat, my blood pressure is quite good. Still, every time I'm close to that normal BMI, I lose all the progress because of sweets.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:01:50 pm by Gyzyn »