No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Help me pick a game!  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Chibibug

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Help me pick a game!
« on: March 17, 2014, 08:50:19 pm »
I can buy Patapon, Final Fantasy VII, or Final Fantasy VIII. I'm trying to pick one. I've really been wanting to try Patapon. Sadly, I haven't  played my PSP very much since I got it. I only have two games for it, neither of which I'm much interested in playing right now. I'd like to get a game that would give me a reason to crack out my PSP for more than just a few minutes or hours. I'm also a huge Final Fantasy fan and I've wanted to try VII and VIII, particularly VIII. I guess I could wait on Final Fantasy since I already ordered FFXIII-2, and I'd also like to replay FFIX.

Any suggestions? I think it's really going to boil down to Patapon and FFVIII. Has anyone here played Patapon?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:59:47 pm by Chibibug »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Help me pick a game!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:03:33 pm »
Never played Patapon but I heard a lot of good things about that game.

I would probably go with that over Final Fantasy, mostly because I'm not super big on turn-based RPGs (I know, I'm a heathen.)

Offline Chibibug

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Help me pick a game!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:20:35 pm »
I like turn-based combat. However, one thing that gets really old for me after playing for a long time is random encounter battles. SWEET MERCY. There are times in a girl's life when she just wants to get from point A to point B without being interrupted! Thank goodness FFX and FFX-2 have items that disable them.

I think I just might end up going with Patapon. I've played many, many hours of Final Fantasy, but Patapon is something I haven't tried yet.