No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How do you know him?  (Read 14893 times)

Offline Deeptron

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Professional vinesauce jabroni
Re: How do you know him?
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 12:17:54 am »
So, here is my boring story about how i got into klonoa:
When i was a little kid that went to kindergarden and punched other children in the face; my father one day brought this PS1, or as my 5 year old self said when i first saw it: "A wired, white box with three circles and some stuff in front of it" ; My father bought like, 3 boxes of pirated PS1 Games, 10% of the disks were original, 90% were bootlegged disks in crappy, fragile CD boxes. And so after playing various other games, my father decided to dig deeper into the one of the boxes and found, this cutesy platformer called Klonoa (Which i recently realised, my bootleg disk has lunetea's veil cover art instead of the original PS1 cover :embarassed:) So i excitedly, placed the disk, and... my 5 year old self thought it was garbage, it was too... just childish, even thought i was the target audience for the game  :embarassed: , so after 10 minutes of gameplay, i removed the disk and never played it again...

Then, 11 years passed...

And for some odd reason, while browsing through youtube, a stream of klonoa wii (which consisted in remaking the original textures of the game into silly memes and other wired stuff) dragged me into playing the original game, for some odd reason, i don't really know why, i didn't really had any interest in the game, i just googled the original instead of the wii version and, nostalgia reminded me of the game, so i decided to give it another shot 11 years later, and what a good choice that was, and now, here i am, as one more klonoa fan.

I was gonna post the links to the 2 games repainted streams, but they contain wired stuff and curse words, i dunno if it is ok to link those videos.

EDIT:  :O I found the bootleg disk i was talking about! Behold this disk in it's bootleg glory!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If you're wondering, the spanish text translates to "explore the magic world of mystery and adventure"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:02:27 pm by Deeptron, Reason: Image and text »
More active on discord.

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 03:23:19 am »
That's not boring at all. That's much more interesting than most people. :bad_straight_face:

Offline Deeptron

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Professional vinesauce jabroni
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 02:45:24 pm »
That's not boring at all. That's much more interesting than most people. :bad_straight_face:

Eh i dunno i guess i thought it was boring because it was long, but thanks for enjoying it!   :smile2:
More active on discord.

Offline Matiri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Dealing with life one step at a time.
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2016, 03:24:23 pm »
  I met Klonoa just a few months ago actually. I was a bit bored and decided to search for platformers on the Wii and see if anything catches my interest. Sure enough I, rather quickly mind you, spotted the Wii remake. I guess the character designs featured on the box art immediately got my attention, but the point is I just decided to get the game without really knowing what I was getting myself into and after beating it I instantly fell in love with it. After that I looked up what this cute little cabbit had to offer and found that there were 6 other games out there. At this point I'm eager to eventually get to playing LV and trying not to get exposed to any spoilers until then.   

Offline Ghalidus (Gali +Ghadius)

• Hero in Training
  • I've quite the big wide bottom. How embarrassing.
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2016, 05:38:55 pm »
3DS Smash Bros
Do or don't; there's no try.

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 09:27:35 pm »
3DS Smash Bros
Please explain.
  I met Klonoa just a few months ago actually. I was a bit bored and decided to search for platformers on the Wii and see if anything catches my interest. Sure enough I, rather quickly mind you, spotted the Wii remake. I guess the character designs featured on the box art immediately got my attention, but the point is I just decided to get the game without really knowing what I was getting myself into and after beating it I instantly fell in love with it. After that I looked up what this cute little cabbit had to offer and found that there were 6 other games out there. At this point I'm eager to eventually get to playing LV and trying not to get exposed to any spoilers until then.   
After LV, you should try getting around to Heroes. There's no continuity at all, but it's really good. :embarassed:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:30:19 pm by Fennekin »

Offline Matiri

• Heart Moo
  • Dealing with life one step at a time.
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 10:57:45 am »
After LV, you should try getting around to Heroes. There's no continuity at all, but it's really good. :embarassed:
I would but I don't feel comfortable with stoping whatever I'm doing to look at a script just to figure out something as fundamental as what's being told. I know there's a thread referring to an english patch in the works but at this point I'm not even sure if it's still a thing. :sad_face:   
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:39:55 pm by Matiri »

Offline Klonoa-kun

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Wahoo!~
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2016, 03:21:58 pm »
Watching a video of the Top 10 most rare PS1 games. 
There.
After that I basically got obsessed with Klonoa and all that. :big_smile:
Wahoo!!!!~ I'm Klonoa-kun, and I'm the only Klonoa fan in my area... :( But I don't let that make me sad! :D

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 05:25:15 pm »
I did a quick google search on Tails then he popped up and I've been a fan for about a year after being sucked into the games atmosphere he really describes my characteristics...
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.