We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa in Virtual Reality  (Read 4836 times)

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
Klonoa in Virtual Reality
« on: August 30, 2015, 12:26:35 am »
So first would you play a Klonoa Virtual Reality game and second how can we make this a reality should we make virtual reality game controllers? I've already seen one on Amazon for IOS as a blue tooth device for the cardboard HMD but would you play a Klonoa VR Game? What would you want to see out of a Klonoa Virtual Reality game if we did it I was thinking of use the Virtuix Omni platform or just use virtual reality controllers. Heck I think Klonoa should come back with an MMO feature and offline feature. What would anyone's response here would be about Klonoa if it came back as a virtual reality game?
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Klonoa in Virtual Reality
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 12:32:16 am »
Probably yes would definitely play it. And I'd want to make an art of tossing moos among other things xD

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 12:33:45 am »
Sounds like an interesting idea, but it would probably be best if it stayed as a fan-game rather than an official game made by Namco in my opinion.

I think it could work with the Oculus Rift with either a 360 controller or with the accessories designed for the system like that walking thing and those hand controllers (I stopped caring about the Oculus months ago so I don't know what their names are). I just worry that many people could get motion sickness from the game/system.

If anything, I think Klonoa should come back as a 3D platformer that would be similar to the Mario Galaxy games without the anti-gravity gimmicks.

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 01:28:46 am »
Sounds like an interesting idea, but it would probably be best if it stayed as a fan-game rather than an official game made by Namco in my opinion.

I think it could work with the Oculus Rift with either a 360 controller or with the accessories designed for the system like that walking thing and those hand controllers (I stopped caring about the Oculus months ago so I don't know what their names are). I just worry that many people could get motion sickness from the game/system.

If anything, I think Klonoa should come back as a 3D platformer that would be similar to the Mario Galaxy games without the anti-gravity gimmicks.

Good point but we'd need to use the virtual reality controllers for Oculus Rift unless it reaches ps4 to make it like the Wind Ring maybe make one specially made for it maybe the shape of a circle representing the Wind Ring. The idea of a virtual controller can actually work but it will need to be a blue tooth controller. A fan made game has happened with the 3DS Majoras Mask by getting rights to doing it from the proper channels by getting permission from Nintendo. If you contacted the president of Namco and asked for permission if you had the right amount of funding for it it's quite possible.

It doesn't kill to ask someone but the rights would have to belong to Namco since they are the original owners of Klonoa and a fanbased soundtrack would be required. Maybe a remix of the other game soundtracks would be needed such as Baladium's Drive and other familiar tracks. Sonic the Hedgehog also did this with their games so it would be very appropriate to the fan game. The other missing peace is noise cancelling headsets to be focused on a true virtual reality environment.

Sound Cancelling or Isolation is the closest you can get out of VR especially this is how SAO worked sorry for off topic it was just an example of where VR came from well firstly it came from dot hack or virtual boy. Been keeping an eye on the Virtual Reality industry for quite some time and they lack sound cancelling or fear it for some reason. A full explorable environment would also need to be made unless you want another virtual boy. Being available for HD would also be a problem we don't want to go back to old school pixels.

A storyline would also need to be worked on and it would have to follow after the last Klonoa game and we should avoid the pubic voice acting since it kills the purpose of a game in games you don't age so it's quite obvious  :sad_face: we need to outlaw people putting age in a damn game so keep reality out of a game that's how games die quickly or another words go extinct  x_x I swear if I see one more game involving realistic stuff I'm just gonna stop playing games all together.  x_x

I'm gonna be honest the last remake of Klonoa Door to Phantomile was AWFUL when I discovered they completely KILLED Klonoas voice. It's a game pubic voices shouldn't be involved in video games who ever thought of this needs to stay away from game development or suggestions.  :very_angry: Any way if we don't do a Klonoa Door to Phantomile voice acting screw up it would be fine otherwise if a Japanese voice and english subtitles is available I'm using that. We just gotta find people who WANT to make a Klonoa 3 I wouldn't do it though because I don't have the money goodluck to who wants to.  ;D  :D  :big_smile:  :O
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 03:08:36 am »
Good point but we'd need to use the virtual reality controllers for Oculus Rift unless it reaches ps4 to make it like the Wind Ring maybe make one specially made for it maybe the shape of a circle representing the Wind Ring. The idea of a virtual controller can actually work but it will need to be a blue tooth controller. A fan made game has happened with the 3DS Majoras Mask by getting rights to doing it from the proper channels by getting permission from Nintendo. If you contacted the president of Namco and asked for permission if you had the right amount of funding for it it's quite possible.

It doesn't kill to ask someone but the rights would have to belong to Namco since they are the original owners of Klonoa and a fanbased soundtrack would be required. Maybe a remix of the other game soundtracks would be needed such as Baladium's Drive and other familiar tracks. Sonic the Hedgehog also did this with their games so it would be very appropriate to the fan game. The other missing peace is noise cancelling headsets to be focused on a true virtual reality environment.

Sound Cancelling or Isolation is the closest you can get out of VR especially this is how SAO worked sorry for off topic it was just an example of where VR came from well firstly it came from dot hack or virtual boy. Been keeping an eye on the Virtual Reality industry for quite some time and they lack sound cancelling or fear it for some reason. A full explorable environment would also need to be made unless you want another virtual boy. Being available for HD would also be a problem we don't want to go back to old school pixels.

A storyline would also need to be worked on and it would have to follow after the last Klonoa game and we should avoid the pubic voice acting since it kills the purpose of a game in games you don't age so it's quite obvious  :sad_face: we need to outlaw people putting age in a damn game so keep reality out of a game that's how games die quickly or another words go extinct  x_x I swear if I see one more game involving realistic stuff I'm just gonna stop playing games all together.  x_x

I'm gonna be honest the last remake of Klonoa Door to Phantomile was AWFUL when I discovered they completely KILLED Klonoas voice. It's a game pubic voices shouldn't be involved in video games who ever thought of this needs to stay away from game development or suggestions.  :very_angry: Any way if we don't do a Klonoa Door to Phantomile voice acting screw up it would be fine otherwise if a Japanese voice and english subtitles is available I'm using that. We just gotta find people who WANT to make a Klonoa 3 I wouldn't do it though because I don't have the money goodluck to who wants to.  ;D  :D  :big_smile:  :O

i'd love to make a Klonoa 3, but i just don't have the time, resources or money. im focusing on my own game right now, and am trying to get that made without needing to hire anyone since im broke :sad_face:
but i would love to help out with anything i can in a Klonoa 3 game. im best at art, design, making a plot, and voice acting. if i can get a good mic i can speak phantomilian for some characters. i could probably pass for Lolo, or maybe an older Lolo, idk my voice isn't that high  x_x

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 10:26:18 am »
After replaying Tomba some. it may not be as easily relate able but I definitely want more puzzle & rpg like elements in whatever kind of newer Klonoa games were to come out.

Klonoa heroes has some stuff but I would want more. On to VR. I'm way to broke to ever get a chance to try an occulis rift or similar I'd love to test whether i could even get motion sickness. Because imagine bouncing though Volk city and getting out out of Cannons if Klonoa 2 had a mode for that device. ehehh yeah I'mma like that.

Also if online game I want to play as an enemy for the players I want to play as a smart Moo :3

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 10:35:26 am »

FYI, you can change the voice acting in the options.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 10:54:03 am »
Summer Lesson PS4 oculus console on Tekken by Katsuhiro Harada president affiliates employee to Pokkén Tournament Wii U money earned video game by Bandai Namco games improve quality thoughtful.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:57:05 am by CarminaSuva »

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 11:10:48 am »
I feel like making Klonoa 3 a VR game would be excluding fans who get motion sickness from VR and 3D games, it just wouldn't be as fair.

HOWEVER I do like the idea of a VR Klonoa game, but you know having it be a free roamer where you can choose to just explore Phantomile or Lunatea. Who wouldn't want to do that~?

All I'm saying is that putting a story-based Klonoa game on a VR system would deny some people who can't play VR games the chance to see and experience this new story, let's leave that to the traditional 2.5D style... And again there's nothing wrong with a free-roamer game, anyway...! I'd personally love to wander around the beautiful world of Phantomile at my own pace!

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 08:48:58 pm »
I had an idea of a first person Wiilike or VR Klonoa game with a ring shaped modified wii controller or any other kind of pointing device, with a button on the handle and pieces that push the ring when you press the button to get the shooting knockback, I should do an actual decent concept of this. But for Klonoa 3 I want an actual game and if it for some reason it will be for a device with 3d like the 3ds, I will like that as it's optional