The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa in Virtual Reality  (Read 4833 times)

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
Re: Klonoa in Virtual Reality
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 10:17:51 pm »

FYI, you can change the voice acting in the options.

Already knew that that's why when I get a copy from some far off land or the world wide web which is basically called the internet for nickname I'm turning it to Japanese Dub English Subs I wanna say the same guy who voiced Silver played Klonoa in the Wii version.

I had an idea of a first person Wiilike or VR Klonoa game with a ring shaped modified wii controller or any other kind of pointing device, with a button on the handle and pieces that push the ring when you press the button to get the shooting knockback, I should do an actual decent concept of this. But for Klonoa 3 I want an actual game and if it for some reason it will be for a device with 3d like the 3ds, I will like that as it's optional

You mean like a trigger inside the Wind Ring joystick that would be a good idea or we can add that to the virtual controllers being developed for virtual reality. Maybe we can make it to where you have to actually point your arm out in front of the enemy and press the trigger for it to grab an enemy then fling your arm forward to toss it or just pull the trigger to release the enemy.

I feel like making Klonoa 3 a VR game would be excluding fans who get motion sickness from VR and 3D games, it just wouldn't be as fair.

HOWEVER I do like the idea of a VR Klonoa game, but you know having it be a free roamer where you can choose to just explore Phantomile or Lunatea. Who wouldn't want to do that~?

All I'm saying is that putting a story-based Klonoa game on a VR system would deny some people who can't play VR games the chance to see and experience this new story, let's leave that to the traditional 2.5D style... And again there's nothing wrong with a free-roamer game, anyway...! I'd personally love to wander around the beautiful world of Phantomile at my own pace!

One step ahead of you mate which is why it should have an option with no virtual reality you can just take off the HMD and play it as an HD game which would be tricky. It's not like we're in the Nervegear stage not yet any way but I am working my way around it by comparing it to The Matrix. Motion sickness is one thing we should work on with HMD's for people who have it I will admit I can get kind of motion sickness and dizzy with that stuff  :sad_face: so it would be kind of rough. How EVER if you don't have it on for a long time if you start feeling dizzy take it off and cool down for a bit.

Maybe we can translate Klonoa Beach Valley into a virtual reality game where you have to actually act like you're hitting the ball like in a real valley ball game.

i'd love to make a Klonoa 3, but i just don't have the time, resources or money. im focusing on my own game right now, and am trying to get that made without needing to hire anyone since im broke :sad_face:
but i would love to help out with anything i can in a Klonoa 3 game. im best at art, design, making a plot, and voice acting. if i can get a good mic i can speak phantomilian for some characters. i could probably pass for Lolo, or maybe an older Lolo, idk my voice isn't that high  x_x

Did you take classes for development or learn from others with 3D Modeling it must be hard doing all of that by your self I wouldn't blame you tho I'd do the same thing. Their are probably voice amplifiers where you can change your voice maybe available online unless you practice that your self. I saw a fanbase Klonoa 3 before on Youtube and I can't find it any where maybe another person can make a Wind Ring copy like Leorina and design it silver with a sapphire cut gem. Already had a fanbase replica idea for that but it could be cool for part of the storyline.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:55:51 pm by Aura24, Reason: Merging double post »
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 04:33:26 am »
Did you take classes for development or learn from others with 3D Modeling it must be hard doing all of that by your self I wouldn't blame you tho I'd do the same thing. Their are probably voice amplifiers where you can change your voice maybe available online unless you practice that your self. I saw a fanbase Klonoa 3 before on Youtube and I can't find it any where maybe another person can make a Wind Ring copy like Leorina and design it silver with a sapphire cut gem. Already had a fanbase replica idea for that but it could be cool for part of the storyline.

Uh
>.>
<.<
Nope XD
Im making a 2D sidescrolling game. I have absolutely no experience is developing, programming, nothing! Im doing everything from scratch XD i got someone making the music though, that's all. I could handle everything, except making sprites. I suck at spriting  :sad_face:
If i can just find someone willing to make the sprites for free, in exchange for their own original character added into the game, and the full game for free once it's finished, then i'd be golden. But until then the game is at a stand still.
Anyway i got inspired to make my own game after i played Cave Story and saw that one guy and one guy alone made it. So i thought i'd give it a try, and now years later im finally starting it
But yeah, if i ever learn 3D modeling and all that i'd be happy to help with making a Klonoa 3
Yeah with practise im sure i'd be able to pull off a Lolo voice. And i could even do a Leorina voice if i tried. That would probably be easier, i have a naturally deep voice >.>

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 06:57:30 pm »
I had an idea of a first person Wiilike or VR Klonoa game with a ring shaped modified wii controller or any other kind of pointing device, with a button on the handle and pieces that push the ring when you press the button to get the shooting knockback, I should do an actual decent concept of this. But for Klonoa 3 I want an actual game and if it for some reason it will be for a device with 3d like the 3ds, I will like that as it's optional

The Oculus VR Controllers basically work in a similar way and it's motion like the wii remote the trigger could activate the wind bullet like a gun controller. I was thinking of using some 3D technology to make the background more realistic in detail. Like you use home theater 3D with video games. We would have to have health warnings to let people know not to play it if you got seizures they have the same with the rift already. I would also work on guide books if I were the Oculus Team because older games did that newer games hardly have health warnings.

YES It's a possibility but would be quite tricky I guess we could make a VR Klonoa 3 for the PC Platform and a regular based one for PS4 supporting project Morpheus and just being an ordinary game when you take off the HMD. We had 3D with the 3DS but I wonder if it can't be available for the oculus rift if they got permission to put it on there monitor display. They would have to have an option to turn it off and they would need it to where you can disable the VR functions for non VR gamers.   
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.