We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [OFFICIAL] Tat vs Joka  (Read 2174 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
[OFFICIAL] Tat vs Joka
« on: July 24, 2015, 01:31:51 pm »
Sorry I haven't been online lately but I will get back to work!

Tat vs Joka
Two clowns
Only one can win
GO!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:34:38 pm by the_darai »

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: [OFFICIAL] Tat vs Joka
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 09:38:06 pm »
No....
No, y-you can't do this to me...
You can't dO THIS!!
You're tearing me apart, Dar!!!

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 10:23:12 pm »
Tat vs Popka battle random fight.  :big_smile:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:24:08 pm »
Joka. + he can transform under an eclipse.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 11:22:23 pm »
Ok less silly now, yeah, unfortunately Joka would win. Sorry team, I can't just spout untruths for the sake of blind bias. Silly cute robots that throw marbles at you can't really hope to beat a giant monster turtle with scythes? For arms??

EDIT: I was looking at this as a literal "who would win" type of thing. If we're just comparing them in terms of "who's a better character" then that's a different story.

Tat is a better character in LV than Joka is in DtP, for sure. Joka gets more character in later games, but I'm just sticking to DtP for now. Tat has a more complex personality than "generic evil minion." She literally has two sides to her personality and they blend into a really fun, enjoyable character with a much wider range of emotions than Joka ever showed.

Villain-wise, Joka is stronger. He has a really invading presence in the game, showing up like...every other level or something I don't know. You don't really forget that he's a villain, he does some pretty fricked up stuff, and let's be honest his beast form is pretty sick. Tat isn't necessarily a bad villain, but honestly she's more of an anti-hero. Anti-hero's sidekick, even.

They're both my favorite characters from the games respectively and I think they're both on par in their own ways. This one is a draw for me, at least in terms of who's better. Joka would still probably win in a fight, though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:08:54 pm by mnstrmthd »

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:14 pm »
Honestly I think I like Tat more as a character, but I think Joka does a better job at being ~~~EVIL~~~ and proves to be a much more challenging opponent in the games (like wow his boss level is infuriating because you really want to avenge grandpa bUT HE MAKES IT AS DIFFICULT AS HE CAN LIKE HERE LETS THROW IN SOME COLOR CHANGING PLATFORMS THAT ARE NECESSARY FOR SOME REASON WHILE I THROW THINGS AT YOU AND DANCE THE HECK ABOUT) ... Ahem... I like both of them in different aspects, but I think I will have to choose Joka simply because he had more purpose in pushing the plot foreward and... Wow like... Tat you've got some robots and that's cool... But I don't recall you straight up murdering someone for a trinket...

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:45:33 pm »
...Tat? A Clown? That...erm...I dunno, I think Leptio might be a better fit for that, considering the game, well, calls him a clown. But enough about that.

Anyways...It depends. In terms of who's the better villain, Joka, because he's the only one who, as others have stated. actually killed anybody between the two of them. Plus, Tat's more of a sidekick to an Anti-hero, whilst joka's just straight-up evil. In terms of who's a more capable fighter, and which one of them would win in a fair fight, Joka...well, he can turn himself giant and have giant, iron fists, plus the moon's eclipse (whilst situational) turns him into a ferocious, invincible beast...and Tat? Tat can split into two, which might help help in a more strategic sense, but Joka could probably win, having the upper hand in strength. HOWEVER- Tat has been shown utilizing mechanisms in Volk's factory level, and it's quite clear that thing with the Tats popping out of the ground wasn't built by the Volkies. Now that I think about it, Leorina is shown several time to have a grasp on mechanisms, what with Folgaran, making the Fake Wind Ring, her airship, so it's possible she made said whack-a-cat contraption for Tat specifically...my point is, Tat could have an equal grasp on using mechanisms, which sorta matches Joka's utilization of other monsters, so if those were brought into play, it might be an even 50-50. It could be slightly in Tat's favor, since Joka might loudly broadcast outloud how to beat his monster as a warning to said monster.

Now, as for which one would be a better clown? Tat, definitely. Though, Joka would probably bribe the audience to say he's better, anyways.

So, I guess it's relatively even, except Joka does a better job at being a villain than Tat, so if that's where you're getting at, then I guess Joka wins.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 12:55:00 pm »
Sorry team but I'm sticking with Joka here since I have more things to say to him.

He's done many tasks like commanding the Moos to do his bidding, summons monsters in an attempt to delay Klonoa, plans one step ahead, killed Klonoa's grandfather (dark, isn't it) and using the power of the Eclipse in order to end Klonoa once and for all. Plus, he served other villains like Garlen and Druaga (Namco X Capcom) and also worked alongside Saya (Namco X Capcom) of the Ouma organization. Joka is more threatening and eeeeevil. He will do whatever means necessary to please his master, Ghadius. I think he probably eats children for breakfast.

That's it for me and time to quote the word Joka always says before leaving, "Adios".

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:51:36 pm »
Hm.  Tat definitely had the personality. That and the fact her personality literally split when Tat split in two was a nice edge.  However Joka as the villian was ruthless and went as far to kill Grandpa.  One favors in personality another in villainary.

So I'll make like Tat and split this into a tie!  Thread locked.